5A D1 R2 Semi-Final: Longview vs Port Arthur Memorial

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-0) vs Port Arthur Memorial Titans (11-1)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Port Arthur Memorial in a close one
    • Port Arthur Memorial in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

11 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Was the Crosby broadcast not good? 

We could actually see the players in the Crosby broadcast. This past week with Lone Star was absolutely atrocious and I called the U.I.L. director and left him a not so cordial message in detail about this game and demanded he watch a portion of the game to see what all the fuss was about. Someone actually had the audacity to be recording the game with their phone and broadcasting it LIVE behind that nasty A skybox glass. I mean absolutely unacceptable and unprofessional.

• LOL! 2

Yeah last week wasn't a TexanLive joint...online streams you just have to accept that part of not going to the game is an inherent risk because quality varies greatly depending on which sub-contractor is used...and sometime the quality varies on factors within the broadcasters control and some outside of their control.....I usually only watch TexanLive and for the most part its consistent w/presentation etc but even then if you have inexperienced camera guy etc it can be not as good...I can't imagine NFHS and all the different people who broadcast there how much things vary

In the end from what I can tell with NFHS (and I know with TexanLive) its still really cheap...but maybe in order to pay more high quality broadcasters w/high quality crews the prices could be raised so those costs can be covered....I think it would result in more consistently good streams etc

On one game Friday the play by play guy who was supposed to do the game had a work emergency and couldn't drive the 2 hours to the game...and he was driving the camera guy...so that game just didnt get broadcast lol...the people who wanted to watch the game online were pretty upset....but what can you do? Tough to find a replacement on like 3 hours notice lol

Edited by MattStepp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

Was the Crosby broadcast not good? 

It was actually not bad as it was a good announcer. Would definitely like to see you guys add the clock, yards to go, down marker, etc to all of your broadcasts.  Also really wish Texanlive would work with the local broadcasting groups like Longview gameday.  They are EXCEPTIONAL.

What really sucks is that if Longview wins a title this year, we won't be able to purchase the Longview gameday recordings of playoff games because of the UIL. We will be stuck with the garbage that the NFHS put out last week.

• Like 3

When Longview fans who got to see quality broadcasts EVERY game during the regular season now have to "accept that part of not going to the game is the inherent risk because quality varies greatly depending on which sub-contractor is used,"  something is seriously messed up.    

Amazing how NFHS can charge fans $12.99 to watch the game - and then put out a monumentally inferior product to the one that we got for free for the previous ten weeks. 

Explain to the grandparents who can't get out to the games, but had to pay to watch a game that a 9 year old girl filmed on a cellphone through a glass press box window - that they have to accept the risk of not going to the games.

Matt, I like you, and you guys at Dave Campbell's do a great service to the state, but you are on the wrong side of this one.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quick said:

We could actually see the players in the Crosby broadcast. This past week with Lone Star was absolutely atrocious and I called the U.I.L. director and left him a not so cordial message in detail about this game and demanded he watch a portion of the game to see what all the fuss was about. Someone actually had the audacity to be recording the game with their phone and broadcasting it LIVE behind that nasty A skybox glass. I mean absolutely unacceptable and unprofessional.

Never drink any liquids when reading posts by this dude. 

🤣🤣🤣

You and @gtee2 have had me rollin all week!

• LOL! 2

6 hours ago, Goatboy said:

When Longview fans who got to see quality broadcasts EVERY game during the regular season now have to "accept that part of not going to the game is the inherent risk because quality varies greatly depending on which sub-contractor is used,"  something is seriously messed up.    

Amazing how NFHS can charge fans $12.99 to watch the game - and then put out a monumentally inferior product to the one that we got for free for the previous ten weeks. 

Explain to the grandparents who can't get out to the games, but had to pay to watch a game that a 9 year old girl filmed on a cellphone through a glass press box window - that they have to accept the risk of not going to the games.

Matt, I like you, and you guys at Dave Campbell's do a great service to the state, but you are on the wrong side of this one.  

I'm just telling you the way it is...the UIL owns rights to the playoff broadcasts thats reality and its not changing....I dont make the rules, I'm just explaining the reality of the rules as they stand....and in a real world under today's rules, watching a game online does bring on inherent risk because of the varying quality of broadcasts...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, kingwolf said:

It was actually not bad as it was a good announcer. Would definitely like to see you guys add the clock, yards to go, down marker, etc to all of your broadcasts.  Also really wish Texanlive would work with the local broadcasting groups like Longview gameday.  They are EXCEPTIONAL.

What really sucks is that if Longview wins a title this year, we won't be able to purchase the Longview gameday recordings of playoff games because of the UIL. We will be stuck with the garbage that the NFHS put out last week.

Longview Gameday (and Texarkana Gameday) put out a great product, but they are a business and they have to make decisions that's best for their business.....I dont know why they aren't subcontracting w/NFHS on doing games for Longview (or Texarkana for that matter), maybe they felt for their business it didnt make sense for them and I respect that..they've got to do what's best for them

3 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

All I'm going to say is a bad broadcast is better than no broadcast. I'm old enough to remember when they didnt stream any games live! You actually had to go to the game in order to see it. We all know the quality of NFHS. But it is what it is. 

Yea but when you can't tell the the cheerleaders from the players...that's a major concern👎🏿

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 4

4 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

All I'm going to say is a bad broadcast is better than no broadcast. I'm old enough to remember when they didnt stream any games live! You actually had to go to the game in order to see it. We all know the quality of NFHS. But it is what it is. 

I don't know about that. Listening to the old guys on the radio might've been better than the seizure-inducing camera we got Friday. Especially when we're paying money for this and the product is extremely inferior to Longview Gameday which is free. We missed multiple big plays because the cameraperson was zoomed in on cheerleaders and not the game. When I pay for a game to be broadcast, I expect to see the game. 

Oh, and the commentator mixing up names, getting players wrong, etc. all night just made it even more stupid. Dunno why Stepp is shilling for it, though after picking us to only win by 10 and then seeing us win by 21 (28 if not for a garbage-time TD), I can only imagine. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't know about that. Listening to the old guys on the radio might've been better than the seizure-inducing camera we got Friday. Especially when we're paying money for this and the product is extremely inferior to Longview Gameday which is free. We missed multiple big plays because the cameraperson was zoomed in on cheerleaders and not the game. When I pay for a game to be broadcast, I expect to see the game. 

Oh, and the commentator mixing up names, getting players wrong, etc. all night just made it even more stupid. Dunno why Stepp is shilling for it, though after picking us to only win by 10 and then seeing us win by 21 (28 if not for a garbage-time TD), I can only imagine. 

I could care less how much a team wins or loses by and how it relates to what I pick...I get a ton right and some wrong so I'm really not pressed about picking the right team to win and maybe being a few points off

There's no shilling for anything (except TexanLive) I'm just telling you what it is..you don't go to a playoff game you are taking a chance on the broadcast quality under the current setup which I believe is in place the next ten years...

If the quality of broadcast isn't up to standard now you know so you can choose to not pay money for it next time 

Edited by MattStepp

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Well this has been a fun game thread so far lol.

Just beat PAM. Hoping Lobo Nation packs out Abe Martin. Also hoping the game goes similarly to our last two visits down there.

Will try to go to this one. Won’t be out of state and I have it on good authority that we should expect online broadcasts to suck but pay money for it and deal with it lol

• LOL! 1