5A D1 R2 Semi-Final: Longview vs Port Arthur Memorial

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-0) vs Port Arthur Memorial Titans (11-1)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Port Arthur Memorial in a close one
    • Port Arthur Memorial in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

46 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't know about that. Listening to the old guys on the radio might've been better than the seizure-inducing camera we got Friday. Especially when we're paying money for this and the product is extremely inferior to Longview Gameday which is free. We missed multiple big plays because the cameraperson was zoomed in on cheerleaders and not the game. When I pay for a game to be broadcast, I expect to see the game. 

Oh, and the commentator mixing up names, getting players wrong, etc. all night just made it even more stupid. Dunno why Stepp is shilling for it, though after picking us to only win by 10 and then seeing us win by 21 (28 if not for a garbage-time TD), I can only imagine. 

Then dont watch lol. Just listen to the radio. I never listen to the broadcast anyways. If I'm watching the game on NFHS I mute them then always listen to the radio call. 

9 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Then dont watch lol. Just listen to the radio. I never listen to the broadcast anyways. If I'm watching the game on NFHS I mute them then always listen to the radio call. 

Oh I didn’t mind the commentator THAT much. He was cheering for Lone Star but I don’t mind- I get that it’s a big deal when a big play is made against one of the favorites. I’m sure a lot of people are rooting against Aledo too. That’s just the price of being good. 

It was more the lack of being able to see/tell what was going on during the game because the camera person either wasn’t even watching the field or was trying to but couldn’t keep up with the players. Whoever it was clearly had never seen a football game before because they didn’t know what to look for. 

Oh and a kid with a phone had a good broadcast to Facebook but they made sure to shut that down pretty quick. Gotta get their money!

Edited by JohnnyFootball

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Who is number 2? 🤣

Rose Stadium, of course. Other than 2014 (losing to JT and Lake Ridge there), I think King is undefeated there. We're so good there that Mesquite Horn decided they'd rather play a playoff game in Shreveport, Louisiana than Tyler, TX in 2010. Let THAT sink in. LOL

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1

This thread has been quite enlightening. The folks who created a magazine that did more to promote football for the fans in the state of Texas for more than 50 years, now have taken the position that basically says, "Too bad if you don't like what we have taken control of, DEAL WITH IT."

We have the Texas Football Friday app, ### about it too much and we will shut off the comment section. 

We have TexanLive, We control live streaming of playoff games in the state for the next ten years.  You don't like it, don't watch it. 

I am not sure why the folks at DCTFM, who make one of the best football magazines in the country, have become the controlling body of all media for Texas High School football, but from what I have seen in the past year, it is certainly does not appear to be for the benefit of the fans of high school football. But it does look like it is for the financial benefit of folks like Matt Stepp who shill for their severely lacking products and who keep coming on here and telling fans to live with it. 

16 minutes ago, Goatboy said:

This thread has been quite enlightening. The folks who created a magazine that did more to promote football for the fans in the state of Texas for more than 50 years, now have taken the position that basically says, "Too bad if you don't like what we have taken control of, DEAL WITH IT."

We have the Texas Football Friday app, ### about it too much and we will shut off the comment section. 

We have TexanLive, We control live streaming of playoff games in the state for the next ten years.  You don't like it, don't watch it. 

I am not sure why the folks at DCTFM, who make one of the best football magazines in the country, have become the controlling body of all media for Texas High School football, but from what I have seen in the past year, it is certainly does not appear to be for the benefit of the fans of high school football. But it does look like it is for the financial benefit of folks like Matt Stepp who shill for their severely lacking products and who keep coming on here and telling fans to live with it. 

DCTF don't control anything regarding who streams playoff games, you are sorely mistaken

Direct from the UIL Website:

For 2022-2023, the UIL’s broadcast partners are the NFHS Network and Bally Sports Southwest.  

The UIL owns the rights to playoff streaming, they sublicense to NFHS who in turn sublicenses to entities like us and then it's our job to put out a good product for our games, which we do for the most part.

As for the app, we turned the chats back on, but not until we put in some controls to moderate it properly, once those controls were put in place and we tested them, we turned the chats back on.

If you are going to critique me or DCTF, at least be accurate

13 minutes ago, ANTI said:

TexanLive is a good product without question.

NFHS....ton of access to games but the quality has killed it.

Friday's was by far the worst the worst I've seen, inside the state of Texas.

I frequently put on other games from other states when I'm at home on the weekend, and even last Friday's Lobo/Ranger contest doesn't come close to how bad some of the other ones are.

Is what it is. We're spoiled with Longview Gameday, but people are also a little too reliant on it imo (speaking of myself too, lord know I don't want to drive 2 hours living here in Richardson just to go watch Longview/West Mesquite).

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

DCTF don't control anything regarding who streams playoff games, you are sorely mistaken

Direct from the UIL Website:

For 2022-2023, the UIL’s broadcast partners are the NFHS Network and Bally Sports Southwest.  

The UIL owns the rights to playoff streaming, they sublicense to NFHS who in turn sublicenses to entities like us and then it's our job to put out a good product for our games, which we do for the most part.

As for the app, we turned the chats back on, but not until we put in some controls to moderate it properly, once those controls were put in place and we tested them, we turned the chats back on.

If you are going to critique me or DCTF, at least be accurate

Fair enough.  I apologize for any inaccuracies.  I just get hot under the collar when you came across as insensitive to the plight of fans who just want to watch their teams play and have to pay for something that was certainly not worth the fee. 

Thanks for all you do and for taking the time to respond. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Goatboy said:

Fair enough.  I apologize for any inaccuracies.  I just get hot under the collar when you came across as insensitive to the plight of fans who just want to watch their teams play and have to pay for something that was certainly not worth the fee. 

Thanks for all you do and for taking the time to respond. 

That's the thing I don't call it a "plight" for fans who can't watch their teams play online...JMO but watching TXHSFB online is a luxury item, but we have become spoiled so we don't view it as such.

Think about it, you drive to a game you spend X # of dollars on gas, you spend money on a ticket, you spend money on confessions etc..instead you pay a fraction of that cost to watch a ton of games online....so in the end you are probably saving some decent money over the course of a month long (or longer) playoff run

The trade-off to that saved time, money (and convenience) is quality of broadcast is not guaranteed and is going to vary greatly, so if you choose to not attend the game in person you've got to accept and understand that risk going in..

Edited by MattStepp

Actually you have Lobo official stadium. Then you have Lobo East (Marshall), Lobo West (Rose), Lobo South (Lufkin), and I didn't even think about Lobo Dfw(Kincade). Over the last 20 years them boys have been buying real estate in other cities. 

• LOL! 3
  • Crybaby 1

12 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

That's the thing I don't call it a "plight" for fans who can't watch their teams play online...JMO but watching TXHSFB online is a luxury item, but we have become spoiled so we don't view it as such.

Think about it, you drive to a game you spend X # of dollars on gas, you spend money on a ticket, you spend money on confessions etc..instead you pay a fraction of that cost to watch a ton of games online....so in the end you are probably saving some decent money over the course of a month long (or longer) playoff run

The trade-off to that saved time, money (and convenience) is quality of broadcast is not guaranteed and is going to vary greatly, so if you choose to not attend the game in person you've got to accept and understand that risk going in..

I call it a plight for fans who cannot physically get to the games and paid their money expecting to receive a professional quality product in return.  Instead they get a 9 year old girl manning a cell phone.  I honestly don't care about the ton of other games I may get to watch.  I paid to watch my team.  That was not a fair exchange for the money that we paid. I sure don't call that a luxury. 

• Thanks 1