Jump to content

5A D1 R2 Semi-Final: Longview vs Port Arthur Memorial


LoboFan07
 Share

Longview Lobos (12-0) vs Port Arthur Memorial Titans (11-1)  

52 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Port Arthur Memorial in a close one
    • Port Arthur Memorial in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Dro409 said:

Ah yes the the typical response, I guarantee  I've been watching high school football since you were in diapers, sit down boy

You don't talk like someone that old. Someone of your advanced years should know better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

You don't talk like someone that old. Someone of your advanced years should know better.

It's what it's, ive had to adapt to the internet over the years, most people talk a big game in these forums. Anyway, should be a great game next week. I'll make the drive up to Lufkin again. Looks like all 4 district winners are the last ones standing in this region.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

The injuries are my biggest worry, outside of their athletic QB that can move move and move some more.

In terms of "how we've played the last two weeks," I don't think we've play bad by any stretch of the imagination. Crosby took their best shot in the first quarter, like most teams do against us. McNorth did it, Forney did it. Lancaster did it, Marshall did it. We dominated that game. The only difference was it was rainy, cold and it made the night drag and drag and drag.

Tonight, look...we are the better team. Lone Star got some deep balls on us. They do what King is afraid to do....give Jalen a shot to make a play. Their big time receiver made a couple really nice plays. But at the end of the day, almost all of their drives were extended simply due to penalties. Some were legit, some weren't. but I don't think we played bad by any stretch of the imagination. Could we be having a different conversion if we don't make the interception early in the third? Perhaps. But it happened, and it snowballed on them and we dominated the rest of the way.

Not realizing how mixed up our O line was explains some of the false start calls we got. I still don't think the Hale penalty was a penalty by any stretch of the imagination. Tha team, much like Crosby, flopped all over and the refs bit hard.

PAM is a solid team, but one we should be beating imo. I don't think we'll be facing anywhere near the line play that we did against LS until we get the chance, hopefully, to play against Aledo.

Thankfully looking like the weather will be amazing on Friday night in Lufkin.

I was talking about this very thing with those I was sitting with last night. LS was single covering Jalen all night. There are very few players that can cover him in single coverage, and certainly no one on LS’s team. I kept screaming, throw deep to Hale! When we finally did, huge play. I don’t understand why we don’t do it more often. 
 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I don’t agree that they are the more athletic team. I also believe they haven’t played a team as physical as us all season, and certainly haven’t seen a defense like ours. 
They can score points, sure. But again, they haven’t faced a defense like ours. They also give up a lot of points. Something that will not bode well for them against our offense. 
 

As long as we play our game, I think we win big. 

PAM 9 times out of 10 is always the more athletic team. Having said that, they are almost always the most flagged team. Yall won't have to worry about bad calls this game because I can guarantee you that PAM will lead in penalties. Longview has a stout defense from what I've seen and the game can get out of hand real fast. I'm just glad Longview doesn't have a giant tight end like Wakeland did. He was looking like Travis kelce out there last night.

Edited by Dro409
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dro409 said:

 Yall won't have to worry about bad calls this game because I can guarantee you that PAM will lead in penalties.

I'll believe it when I see it after the last three years lol.

And especially the last two playoff games. Been an absolute mess.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I'll believe it when I see it after the last three years lol.

And especially the last two playoff games. Been an absolute mess.

100% this. Lol

 

I still can’t believe the crap they were letting LS’s QB get away with. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm picking Longview but I've seen Port Arthur Memorial play this year and they are dangerous. Very athletic team but that being said I believe the Lobos can definitely come out on top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think what we're "seeing" with these Officiating crews from places like

Ft. Worth and San Antonio (as examples the past two weeks) is that they 

simply don't anticipate the near "otherworldly" athleticism as well as physicality

that a team like a Longview Lobo "program" throws out on the field (from week to week)

and those officials have tended to basically "freak out/ overreact" to what they do 

NOT understand ! 

 

 

It's not being boastful or bragging about this type of Football team but rather straight up

honest that these Officiating crews are NOT capable of being objective in their duties !

 

 

Now the overall Athleticism for the next game with PA Memorial will definitely be more "off the charts" and certainly Coach King as well as PAM's Head Coach can or should have 

say so (hopefully perhaps) in obtaining a more "qualified"crew from wherever they're from...well let's hope so...at the very least ?!?

 

R.J.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lobos seem to be starting their games a little slow this post season? Everybody is throwing their best shot at them early on which has something to do with it I’m sure. But once king and company figure you out, it’s church lol. 

  • Like 3
  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Lobos seem to be starting their games a little slow this post season? Everybody is throwing their best shot at them early on which has something to do with it I’m sure. But once king and company figure you out, it’s church lol. 

Honestly isn't that much different from the regular season.

McKinney Boyd popped two long passes on us in the first quarter before we settled in.
Marshall ran the ball down our throats the first drive of the game.
Lancaster easily scored the first TD on their first drive.
Lufkin and Forney's only score both came in the first quarter.
McKinney North drove the field to score on their first drive.
Tyler got their field goal in the first quarter against us.
Crosby got both of their scores in the first half of the first quarter.

North Mesquite is really the only one to successfully drive on us twice in the 2nd quarter.

Last night was nothing really out of the norm tbh.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Honestly isn't that much different from the regular season.

McKinney Boyd popped two long passes on us in the first quarter before we settled in.
Marshall ran the ball down our throats the first drive of the game.
Lancaster easily scored the first TD on their first drive.
Lufkin and Forney's only score both came in the first quarter.
McKinney North drove the field to score on their first drive.
Tyler got their field goal in the first quarter against us.
Crosby got both of their scores in the first half of the first quarter.

North Mesquite is really the only one to successfully drive on us twice in the 2nd quarter.

Last night was nothing really out of the norm tbh.

LS is the only team I’ve seen all year do anything successful against us all game…throw deep and let their tall receiver make the grab. I honestly didn’t understand why we didn’t pop that dude every time he went up, and make him fear doing it again. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

LS is the only team I’ve seen all year do anything successful against us all game…throw deep and let their tall receiver make the grab. I honestly didn’t understand why we didn’t pop that dude every time he went up, and make him fear doing it again. 

That dude can play some football, but you're right. We should've popped him early. You could see their back started double thinking about getting hit after he got popped a couple times.

Curry got beat bad a couple times, thankfully made up for it twice on picks.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Honestly isn't that much different from the regular season.

McKinney Boyd popped two long passes on us in the first quarter before we settled in.
Marshall ran the ball down our throats the first drive of the game.
Lancaster easily scored the first TD on their first drive.
Lufkin and Forney's only score both came in the first quarter.
McKinney North drove the field to score on their first drive.
Tyler got their field goal in the first quarter against us.
Crosby got both of their scores in the first half of the first quarter.

North Mesquite is really the only one to successfully drive on us twice in the 2nd quarter.

Last night was nothing really out of the norm tbh.

Churchhhh

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To me, the biggest factor in this game is the fact that PA won’t be able to stop Longviews offense. Memorial has had trouble stopping people not near as talented as Longview. I just can’t see anything other than like a 49-14 type of game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gtee2 said:

Wasn't Crosby just as athletic as PA? 

PAM, by the eye, looked marginally better than Crosby. 

The only difference is PAM is pretty talented at the QB position, little more size in the trenches...but they really had trouble penatrating Wakeland's OL last night.

This is a team that beat McNorth 48-41 in the 1st round.

We may give up some plays here and there defensively, but stopping us should be a huge task for them. Should be a multi TD win for us.

Also, in the short time that I watched them last night, which was after our game, PAM had a ton of penalties thrown on them....which has been a big problem for them this season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I'm still baffled by how PAM lost to Baytown freakin Lee.

A fan of pa memorial claims they were missing thier whole  starting offense cause of the flu that week 🤔🤷 that district just sounds delusional to me  we shall see 

Edited by WolverBean
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Also, in the short time that I watched them last night, which was after our game, PAM had a ton of penalties thrown on them....which has been a big problem for them this season.

That’s a big problem for them every year. I’ve always considered them one of the most undisciplined teams in the state. Some of their fan base has too. Idk how many years they’ve fell short just off penalties, turnovers, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I don’t agree that they are the more athletic team. I also believe they haven’t played a team as physical as us all season, and certainly haven’t seen a defense like ours. 
They can score points, sure. But again, they haven’t faced a defense like ours. They also give up a lot of points. Something that will not bode well for them against our offense. 
 

As long as we play our game, I think we win big. 

If not more athletic, then they are close. It will be evident they haven't seen a defense like ours. 

As far as playing our game, we have to play the right game. The play calling has got to improve. But yes our running game with solid defense should put us over the top in this one.

Edited by kingwolf
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...