Reg. Semis Daingerfield vs Newton @SFA Newton 16 Daingerfield 12 Final

TigerBlue09

Newton VS Daingerfield  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, TigerBlue09 said:

Well if you beat us you will probably be at state 3 weeks from then I don’t think nobody else in this side of the bracket is a threat 

Yes but what does that mean about yall does it mean yall matched the strength of our schedule haha

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, Newtonres7586 said:

This Foster kid you guys are talking about, is the son of another Foster (I don’t know his first name) that was a member of the Newton 1998 State Championship team that beat Daingerfield in the final game that year. Karma?

1 hour ago, FIGNEWTON said:

Joe foster is his name 

Joe wasn't on the '98 state team. 

18 minutes ago, FIGNEWTON said:

Yes but what does that mean about yall does it mean yall matched the strength of our schedule haha

Basically a Win would prove that strength of schedule doesn't dictate the outcome of a game facing a tougher opponent, which is indeed something Newton hasn't faced.  It matters otherwise why would MaxPreps include it when ranking top 10 High School teams? If strength of schedule doesn't matter, what does ranking matter? We'll see what happens Friday night. 

1 minute ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Basically a Win would prove that strength of schedule doesn't dictate the outcome of a game facing a tougher opponent, which is indeed something Newton hasn't faced.  It matters otherwise why would MaxPreps include it when ranking top 10 High School teams? If strength of schedule doesn't matter, what does ranking matter? We'll see what happens Friday night. 

Just because Newton hasn't been blown out of the water this year (like y'all have twice), doesn't mean we haven't faced tougher opponents. Jasper, WOS, Woodville and Anahuac would run y'all off the field. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

Just because Newton hasn't been blown out of the water this year (like y'all have twice), doesn't mean we haven't faced tougher opponents. Jasper, WOS, Woodville and Anahuac would run y'all off the field. 

Why should you be blown out of the water playing the weak nondistrict and district games you've played?  For the record are any of the teams you listed in the playoffs right now? Maybe you should email MaxPreps and tell them to take a closer look into Newtons schedule.  🤣 🤣 🤣  According to them you have the 2nd weakest schedule in 3A D2. Strength of schedule should prepare you for tougher games. ARE THEY READY? 

Edited by KrookedWolfe

5 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Why should you be blown out of the water playing the weak nondistrict and district games you've played?  For the record are any of the teams you listed in the playoffs right now? Maybe you should email MaxPreps and tell them to take a closer look into Newtons schedule.  🤣 🤣 🤣  According to them you have the 2nd weakest schedule in 3A D2. Strength of schedule should prepare you for tougher games. ARE THEY 

We can't help our district schedule but I do think that jasper was better than wos who done away with a legendary coach that sit in our stands when we played them lol I can say jasper has good talent just as us and yall lots of speed and size just got new coaches which hurts for a couple of years till the kids learn the system 

• Stinks 1

21 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Why should you be blown out of the water playing the weak nondistrict and district games you've played?  For the record are any of the teams you listed in the playoffs right now? Maybe you should email MaxPreps and tell them to take a closer look into Newtons schedule.  🤣 🤣 🤣  According to them you have the 2nd weakest schedule in 3A D2. Strength of schedule should prepare you for tougher games. ARE THEY READY? 

So you're saying Daingerfield is better prepared because Timpson beat y'all by 4 scores and they're still in the playoffs? I have a better understanding of your mindset.

• LOL! 1

15 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

So you're saying Daingerfield is better prepared because Timpson beat y'all by 4 scores and they're still in the playoffs? I have a better understanding of your mindset.

I'm saying we are prepared to play a team like Newton because we faced teams with great athletes and equal talent. Center and Timpson are proven good and ranked teams. I think it helped us because it allowed us to be exposed and fix some weaknesses that needed to be addressed.  I think the Tigers have done that and are ready to play Friday night. We'll see

Edited by KrookedWolfe

14 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I'm saying we are prepared to play a team like Newton because we faced teams with great athletes and equal talent. Center and Timpson are proven good and ranked teams. I think it helped us because it allowed us to be exposed and fix some weaknesses that needed to be addressed.  I think the Tigers have done that and are ready to play Friday night. We'll see

So your saying that De Kalb was just that good 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

1 minute ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Never know...

Man it's like this we beat wos 24-21 jasper beat them 34-14 we beat jasper 20-6 jasper lost to Silsbee 26-23 jasper beat Hampshire funnest 26-21 and they still playing you can't compare schools really it's a roller-coaster for most but we can say we have been consistent this year 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Dekalb was a decent team that usually plays Dfield relatively tough. The Tigers learned something from that game too. 

Yes we all learn from every game if we didn't we wouldn't be the teams we are today with trophys to show for it both programs have made a name for there self and loosing is not except able that's how you become great when you get that in the kids heads you have something 

3 minutes ago, FIGNEWTON said:

Man it's like this we beat wos 24-21 jasper beat them 34-14 we beat jasper 20-6 jasper lost to Silsbee 26-23 jasper beat Hampshire funnest 26-21 and they still playing you can't compare schools really it's a roller-coaster for most but we can say we have been consistent this year 

No doubt. Newton is 11-1 so they are definitely consistent.  I think you guys are ready to play Friday night also. 

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yea, them little snap poppers is about all the fireworks y'all gonna bring ... :rofl:

As sad as it is to say... that's all the fireworks we need to blow the wings off the eagles,  but hey at least we will have some eagle meat to stir in with that crow goulash you can be first in line.  😊 

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, FIGNEWTON said:

Newton will be consistent on that 🏀 court after Friday 😂 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

4 minutes ago, FIGNEWTON said:

Yes we all learn from every game if we didn't we wouldn't be the teams we are today with trophys to show for it both programs have made a name for there self and loosing is not except able that's how you become great when you get that in the kids heads you have something 

I agree totally. 💯 

Newton won’t intentionally run the score up, they’ll just be working on preparing for Gunter. 

I don’t think I’ve seen a 3A team that looks more physically imposing than Newton. It’s amazing they find that much size and talent in a 1600 populated town.

• Wild74 changed the title to Reg. Semis Daingerfield vs Newton @SFA Newton 16 Daingerfield 12 Final