Reg. Semis Daingerfield vs Newton @SFA Newton 16 Daingerfield 12 Final

TigerBlue09

Newton VS Daingerfield  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/20/2022 at 8:59 PM, tigernationfan said:

Smh.. queen City or hughes springs would have been in round 3 with that weak of a district. 

I’m sure this was already discussed, but I didn’t go back and read all the posts. 
I am neutral and think both of y’all are talented. A couple of things though. 
First Dfield, didn’t dominate Shiro, pulled away late. (For whatever reason) Newton was up ion Hughes Springs 51-0 with like 7 min left in the 2nd Q. Dfield’s district was weak as well. ND, QC, EF and HS just terrible. Waskom competitive yet not as good as they have been. Harmony, after a slow start ended up being decent. Harmony can’t match either of y’all. Not even close unless y’all play bad.  Plus, Newton doesn’t get to pick who is in their district. So all this weak district talk really kinda goes both ways. Just Harmony and Waskom ended up in the easier side of the bracket. 

Id love to get to see this game. I think it definitely should be for the regional championship. We would still be playing if we were in the other side of the bracket. 

I think Dfield is very talented and dangerous. If they don’t self implode they can beat anyone. Problem is they tend to do just that occasionally. 

Edited by JGlass
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, JGlass said:

I’m sure this was already discussed, but I didn’t go back and read all the posts. 
First Dfield, didn’t dominate Shiro, pulled away late. (For whatever reason) Newton was up ion Hughes Springs 51-0 with like 7 min left in the first Q. Dfield’s district was weak as well. ND, QC, EF and HS just terrible. Waskom competitive yet not as good as they have been. Harmony, after a slow start ended up being decent. Harmony can’t match either of y’all. Not even close unless y’all play bad.  Plus, Newton doesn’t get to pick who is in their district. So all this weak district talk really kinda goes both ways. Just Harmony and Waskom ended up in the easier side of the bracket. 

Id love to get to see this game. I think it definitely should be for the regional championship. We would still be playing if we were in the other side of the bracket. 

I think Dfield is very talented and dangerous. If they don’t self implode they can beat anyone. Problem is they tend to do just that occasionally. 

The only thing you left out is Timpson and Center. These 2 were a tuff match and exposed some things that we needed to work on and we did just that, yes some say we played down and got beat by a 2a team (Timpson) but they are still solid in the playoffs and would beat any 3a team and possibly a few 4a. Center was a 4a we really had no bidness playing them but that's what it takes to strengthen a team up. My main statement of the conversation was that Newton brags about putting 40, 50, or even 70 on teams they played but you can expect that when you play weak links 😂 play center, play timpson and come talk to me. Now this Friday it will be a close game and could go either way I agree... unless daingerfield decides to put 50 on em.   

Edited by tigernationfan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tigernationfan said:

The only thing you left out is Timpson and Center. These 2 were a tuff match and exposed some things that we needed to work on and we did just that, yes some say we played down and got beat by a 2a team (Timpson) but they are still solid in the playoffs and would beat any 3a team and possibly a few 4a. Center was a 4a we really had no bidness playing them but that's what it takes to strengthen a team up. My main statement of the conversation was that Newton brags about putting 40, 50, or even 70 on teams they played but you can expect that when you play weak links 😂 play center, play timpson and come talk to me. Now this Friday it will be a close game and could go either way I agree... unless daingerfield decides to put 50 on em.   

How bad did Timpson beat Garrison.  Woops.. just because they beat yall don't be raising their bar. Look forward for all you smoke blowers back on here Friday after the game. We will have your CROW waiting. Also be a good idea to bring a cover or sack to hide dat face around the 2nd quarter when Newton puts that beatdown on yall. Yall lucky to even be playing Friday.  Then get on here blowing smoke like DF somebody. 👍 

27 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

How bad did Timpson beat Garrison.  Woops.. just because they beat yall don't be raising their bar. Look forward for all you smoke blowers back on here Friday after the game. We will have your CROW waiting. Also be a good idea to bring a cover or sack to hide dat face around the 2nd quarter when Newton puts that beatdown on yall. Yall lucky to even be playing Friday.  Then get on here blowing smoke like DF somebody. 👍 

😂 that's funny. You know as well as everyone else. What's the win/loss record for Daingerfield vs Newton?  Pretty sure Daingerfield is the King at the moment. Lucky to be playing this week? Yea I guess so... kinda like we were lucky to be in the 2nd round in 1983, 1985, 2008, 2009, 2010 and many other appearances in the state finals.. 🤦‍♂️ 

15 minutes ago, tigernationfan said:

😂 that's funny. You know as well as everyone else. What's the win/loss record for Daingerfield vs Newton?  Pretty sure Daingerfield is the King at the moment. Lucky to be playing this week? Yea I guess so... kinda like we were lucky to be in the 2nd round in 1983, 1985, 2008, 2009, 2010 and many other appearances in the state finals.. 🤦‍♂️ 

Hey we got 5 🏆 also with those week districts we play in lol 74 98 04 17 18 and 2 state appearances 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FIGNEWTON said:

Hey we got 5 🏆 also with those week districts we play in lol 74 98 04 17 18 and 2 state appearances 

We got 6.... 68, 83, 85, 08, 09, 10. State finals 84, 98, 12. Not that any of that will help either team come Friday. Just letting you know we are ahead. Lol

3 hours ago, JGlass said:

First Dfield, didn’t dominate Shiro, pulled away late. (For whatever reason) Newton was up ion Hughes Springs 51-0 with like 7 min left in the first Q. Dfield’s district was weak as well. ND, QC, EF and HS just terrible. Waskom competitive yet not as good as they have been. Harmony, after a slow start ended up being decent. Harmony can’t match either of y’all. Not even close unless y’all play bad.  Plus, Newton doesn’t get to pick who is in their district. So all this weak district talk really kinda goes both ways. Just Harmony and Waskom ended up in the easier side of the bracket. 

So you are neutral yet you come on and defend Newton in regard to their district placement and highlight how they scored on opponents and how we didn't. It doesn't really matter, but my statement about the weak district and games are supported by MaxPreps whether you like it or not. In your case I know you don't, but too bad. It is what it is. 2nd weakest schedule in top 10 3AD2. That's good support for when statements are made about the two loses that we suffered this season. When you play true competition you can lose. Looking forward to a showdown Friday night. I just hope the weather allows the teams clean and clear opportunity to play to full ability. This game could go either way, but I gotta stick with my Tigers. Go Blue

Edited by KrookedWolfe

1 hour ago, tigernationfan said:

Of the times that Newton and Daingerfield have played each other who had the most wins? I believe Daingerfield has newton's number.  Daingerfield has the golden belt

Who won 🏆 when Daingerfield VS Newton in a State Game ? NEWTON !!!! Now move on...🤣

6 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

So you are neutral yet you come on and defend Newton in regard to their district placement and highlight how they scored on opponents and how we didn't. It doesn't really matter, but my statement about the weak district and games are supported by MaxPreps whether you like it or not. In your case I know you don't, but too bad. It is what it is. 2nd weakest schedule in top 10 3AD2. That's good support for when statements are made about the two loses that we suffered this season. When you play true competition you can lose. Looking forward to a showdown Friday night. I just hope the weather allows the teams clean and clear opportunity to play to full ability. This game could go either way, but I gotta stick with my Tigers. Go Blue

Yes, neutral. I tend to root for my neighbors, including y’all. But y’all make it hard sometimes. I heard a lot of big talk all last week and then y’all only beat us by 1 TD. Dang, with all that gum bumping, you’d have thought y’all would’ve beaten us by 50. Truth is if y’all had discipline and high character y’all would have 12-15 state championships. There’s no reason you shouldn’t have won a couple more the last 4 years. Wayyy too much talent to get beat. That’s why I can’t just jump on the Tiger train. 
The thing I don’t know personally is if Newton has discipline and heart. Too far away for me to go see. If they do, y’all might be in trouble. If not, or if y’all play well, they could be in trouble. Like I’ve said before. Both talented teams. 

Edited by JGlass

Let’s see. Newton has 5 state championships and Dfield has 6. 
Dfield is up in the series 3-2. 
If this is right from previous posts, then, wow. Can’t get much closer. 
If Newton were to win it all this year. Then y’all would both have 6 state championships and be 3-3 vs each other. That’s incredible!

All trash talking aside for a second. It don’t get much better than that matchup!  Should be for the Regional Championship because the other two can’t match up with either of y’all. 

Edited by JGlass
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

If hot air equalled points on the scoreboard Danger Field would be handed the state championship trophy every year before the first scrimmage ... tru storie ....

Daingerfield success always attracts haters year in and year out hoping teams do what their team can't do and that's beat us 🤣.....true story.... Tigers win Friday things will be quiet next round, but if we make it to State they will be back to say we will lose no matter the opponent....true story...At the end of the day "Haters gonna Hate"!!!!!....true stories.......

Edited by KrookedWolfe
  • LOL! 1

35 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Daingerfield success always attracts haters year in and year out hoping teams do what their team can't do and that's beat us 🤣.....true story.... Tigers win Friday things will be quiet next round, but if we make it to State they will be back to say we will lose no matter the opponent....true story...At the end of the day "Haters gonna Hate"!!!!!....true stories.......

Just because people pick the other team to win, doesn't mean they're haters. They just think the other team is better. 

• Thanks 1

Since I see some get in their feelings, I'd like to clarify to readers and outsiders so they may understand why I brought up the strength of schedule topic and or statement. Many say what a great defense Newton has and how Daingerfield lacks defense. My response to that was it's justified by the weaker opponents they faced. Miraculously enough it was supported by professionals. Don't misinterpret excuses vs FACT.  !!

Edited by KrookedWolfe

• Wild74 changed the title to Reg. Semis Daingerfield vs Newton @SFA Newton 16 Daingerfield 12 Final