Reg. Semis Daingerfield vs Newton @SFA Newton 16 Daingerfield 12 Final

TigerBlue09

Newton VS Daingerfield  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game

This poll is closed to new votes

38 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Since I see some get in their feelings, I'd like to clarify to readers and outsiders so they may understand why I brought up the strength of schedule topic and or statement. Many say what a great defense Newton has and how Daingerfield lacks defense. My response to that was it's justified by the weaker opponents they faced. Miraculously enough it was supported by professionals. Don't misinterpret excuses vs FACT.  !!

Man, y’all got dominated by a 2A school. 
What happened to the Dfield of old who could beat Carthage and Gilmer and those guys? 
And 3-4 losses per season used to get coaches fired there. Y’all 

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Daingerfield success always attracts haters year in and year out hoping teams do what their team can't do and that's beat us 🤣.....true story.... Tigers win Friday things will be quiet next round, but if we make it to State they will be back to say we will lose no matter the opponent....true story...At the end of the day "Haters gonna Hate"!!!!!....true stories.......

People get tired of hearing y’all run your mouths and get tired of seeing poor sportsmanship. That’s what causes the haters, not jealousy. 
I’ve said before, I tend to root for my neighbors when we are out. But, y’all make it hard. 
Regardless, I’ll prob still root for y’all this week. Just would be easier if y’all were humble. Newton may be the same. Idk. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JGlass said:

People get tired of hearing y’all run your mouths and get tired of seeing poor sportsmanship. That’s what causes the haters, not jealousy. 
I’ve said before, I tend to root for my neighbors when we are out. But, y’all make it hard. 
Regardless, I’ll prob still root for y’all this week. Just would be easier if y’all were humble. Newton may be the same. Idk. 

💯 and I am a Tiger fan. These analogies are all bs just saying

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JGlass said:

Man, y’all got dominated by a 2A school. 
What happened to the Dfield of old who could beat Carthage and Gilmer and those guys? 
And 3-4 losses per season used to get coaches fired there. Y’all 

Times are softer now than back then

18 minutes ago, Play4Christ said:

What's the weather going to be like in Nacogdoches on Friday night? If precipitation is in the forecast, it would seem like that may effect the passing game... Is one team pass/run heavy?

We played against waskom 4 weeks ago in a down pour and threw for over 400 and 4 TDS 

All my talk on here is just 🐂:poop:. Ain’t no amount of talk on here going to change the outcome of the game,ain’t nothing from the past going to affect the outcome. I do it with DF because that’s what they do. They do it like it is going to affect the game, sorry it won’t. I look for a good injury free game. That’s all I can ask for and may the best team win.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, JGlass said:

Yes, neutral. I tend to root for my neighbors, including y’all. But y’all make it hard sometimes. I heard a lot of big talk all last week and then y’all only beat us by 1 TD. Dang, with all that gum bumping, you’d have thought y’all would’ve beaten us by 50. Truth is if y’all had discipline and high character y’all would have 12-15 state championships. There’s no reason you shouldn’t have won a couple more the last 4 years. Wayyy too much talent to get beat. That’s why I can’t just jump on the Tiger train. 
The thing I don’t know personally is if Newton has discipline and heart. Too far away for me to go see. If they do, y’all might be in trouble. If not, or if y’all play well, they could be in trouble. Like I’ve said before. Both talented teams. 

Yes we have both with talent that's what makes us great

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Since I see some get in their feelings, I'd like to clarify to readers and outsiders so they may understand why I brought up the strength of schedule topic and or statement. Many say what a great defense Newton has and how Daingerfield lacks defense. My response to that was it's justified by the weaker opponents they faced. Miraculously enough it was supported by professionals. Don't misinterpret excuses vs FACT.  !!

Ok compare  stats for the teams we both played lol that will give you an idea 

3 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

More consistent is what I'm looking at. On paper Newton is as advertised. We have always matched up good against yall except 1 time and In our defense. Nobody could beat yall tht year. Most 4a teams would have lost by 5 TDs that year

Shoot East Benard was bad boy they almost got us best team we played that year 

6 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

More consistent is what I'm looking at. On paper Newton is as advertised. We have always matched up good against yall except 1 time and In our defense. Nobody could beat yall tht year. Most 4a teams would have lost by 5 TDs that year

Also we had depth but when you start playing teams like Gilmer and all them they got more depth so we jumped way out ahead of them and at the end we was getting tired and they started coming back lol 

On 11/19/2022 at 11:01 AM, kooldown54 said:

I have mad respect for the DF Tigers, their program and “some” of their posters, so when I say this game has the potential to get ugly for DF, I’m not saying it to be spiteful.  This Newton team is as real as they come at this level/size classification.  And say what ya want about this one or that one being out for the DK game(and you struggled), not sure it will make a difference against Newton.  Good luck to my DF friends(your gonna need it) I’m pulling for ya!!

Deleted comment

Edited by BlackBeard

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

If hot air equalled points on the scoreboard Danger Field would be handed the state championship trophy every year before the first scrimmage ... tru storie ....

KirtFalcon you exactly right. So much Hot Air from a team that has struggled all year  and who fell on a fumble in the end zone for a win against DK is only reason they playing this Friday. If hot Air made points they would be National Champion 🏆

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Purpleforever said:

All my talk on here is just 🐂:poop:. Ain’t no amount of talk on here going to change the outcome of the game,ain’t nothing from the past going to affect the outcome. I do it with DF because that’s what they do. They do it like it is going to affect the game, sorry it won’t. I look for a good injury free game. That’s all I can ask for and may the best team win.

I agree, and I'm the same way,  just a fan doing what a fan suppose to do.  If you don't talk noise for the boys then to me you have no spirit 😂  nothing I say on here should be taken to heart cause I'm just talking and passing time...2 more days.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JGlass said:

Poor sportsmanship? 

• Wild74 changed the title to Reg. Semis Daingerfield vs Newton @SFA Newton 16 Daingerfield 12 Final