Reg. Semis Daingerfield vs Newton @SFA Newton 16 Daingerfield 12 Final

TigerBlue09

Newton VS Daingerfield  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game

This poll is closed to new votes

Daingerfield played great defense tonight. I did not think they would stop Newton as many times as they did. Newton only gave up one touchdown to Daingerfield’s offense which came on a busted pass play where the QB took off. Newton’s defense played lights out. Offense needs to step up, but I give credit to Daingerfield’s defense tonight. 

Well, what do I say. Both teams played some good ball. All week I heard was Newton had a defense and Daingerfield does not. I think everyone seen different tonight. Good luck to the eagles, and good job to my Tigers on a great season. I will take just a side of crow, not a full serving because Daingerfield may have been the only team to hold Newton under 20 points, hold them scoreless in 2nd,3rd and 4th quarter and daingerfield only lost by 4, so it wasn't a total disaster. Good luck the rest of the way eagles I'm pulling for yall

Edited by tigernationfan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

Great game Daingerfield.

Hate to see 2 teams like Daingerfield and Newton meet this early in playoffs. Both are better than the 4th and 5th round teams in my opinion. Much respect for Daingerfield 👍

It's been a helluva good week talking noise all week with all the Newton faithful. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

The series between Newton and Daingerfield is now tied at 3 wins each. A lot of history and success between these two programs. 

Although we lost I love playing you guys. When two teams with that much history and success plays it's what hs football is all about in Texas. Great game. 

• Like 4

Good luck Eagles, you can do this.. Take home the Gold.

Pivotal play of the game I think, not saying it would have brought forth a different outcome.   Newton 3rd down and 30. Eagles get that first down and go on to score winning TD.

I'm proud of my Tigers, they did give those purple Eagles all they could handle.

1 hour ago, MuleSlicks said:

Good luck Eagles, you can do this.. Take home the Gold.

Pivotal play of the game I think, not saying it would have brought forth a different outcome.   Newton 3rd down and 30. Eagles get that first down and go on to score winning TD.

I'm proud of my Tigers, they did give those purple Eagles all they could handle.

I think it was 3rd and 38. That was a big time conversion for the Eagles.  

I'm gonna say one last thing about this game. Daingerfield had athletes all over the field. Loaded. I would say even more than Newtons 2017 and 18 team. Speed at every position. Dangerfield should have came into this game undefeated on the year . They had talent to defeat Newton but didn't make it happen. Great Win for Newton.

• Like 2