Lindale vs. Kilgore, round 2 in round 3!

LetsGoEagles

Lindale vs. Kilgore   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Ain't no turkeys after Thanksgiving.

Props to Lindale for getting back on track after the early district losses. 3rd round playoff appearance is a successful season for all of us not named Carthage or Gilmer. 

Kilgore will be favored on paper in this one based on the previous matchup and how the strengths/weaknesses line up. That said.... Kilgore beat Chapel Hill by 21 in the regular season in '21 and Chapel Hill won the 3rd round rematch in 2 OT's. It's hard to beat a good team twice, not because of adjustments... but because it's difficult to get that intensity level back to where it was for the first one. Call it over-confidence if you will.... but that will be Kilgore's biggest challenge this week.

11 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Ain't no turkeys after Thanksgiving.

Props to Lindale for getting back on track after the early district losses. 3rd round playoff appearance is a successful season for all of us not named Carthage or Gilmer. 

Kilgore will be favored on paper in this one based on the previous matchup and how the strengths/weaknesses line up. That said.... Kilgore beat Chapel Hill by 21 in the regular season in '21 and Chapel Hill won the 3rd round rematch in 2 OT's. It's hard to beat a good team twice, not because of adjustments... but because it's difficult to get that intensity level back to where it was for the first one. Call it over-confidence if you will.... but that will be Kilgore's biggest challenge this week.

well in all fairness it was CH's freshman QBs frist real Start that year he was still wet behind the ears, but built his confidence over the next few weeks....lindale lost he was not at QB1 but took over in the Palenstine at the half and made it a 30 to 27  loss at the end then came kilgore 

13 hours ago, VonG said:

I was told the Ross kid is son of a former JT Lion player C. Ross. If that is true,  I'm not surprised of him being that good. It runs in the bloodline. His older cousin was the running back for JT when they went the semifinals in 2014. Jeremy Wilson is his name.

Yes that is his son and I believe related to A. Ross as well.

I see two major questions going into this game.

#1. Can Lindale's defense play well enough to keep them in this game? In the previous matchup, Kilgore put up 547 yds of offense on the Eagles. Isaiah Ross had 343 rushing yds and VanZandt threw for 145 and 2 TD's. I don't think Lindale's defense was considered a liability coming in to that one, but the next week they gave up 79 to CH... and it's obvious that that unit is not the strength of their team.

#2. Lindale passed for 418 yds in the previous matchup, with most all of them coming in the 2nd half with them down 3 - 4 TD's for most of it. Was that a sign of how good Lindale's passing game is... or was that Kilgore getting complacent with a big lead?

17 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Everyone healthy on both sides?

Lindale is as healthy as can be right now  (to my knowledge) with the exception of the guys we have been missing all year. 

How is Kilgore?

Our starting fullback was out against El Campo, he should be back this week. Everybody on the roster should be a go for us.

Lindale's offense has put up some serious points this season. The eagles are averaging north of 40 pts/game.... that's a lot, and they've done it for several seasons in a row. A lot of people, myself included, thought they would take a step back after graduating Jordan Jenkins... but they didn't. Sam Peterson took up the slack. And now its Thurman, Fields and the running backs. I think that's a testament to how good Lindale's offensive coaching staff is.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Lindale's offense has put up some serious points this season. The eagles are averaging north of 40 pts/game.... that's a lot, and they've done it for several seasons in a row. A lot of people, myself included, thought they would take a step back after graduating Jordan Jenkins... but they didn't. Sam Peterson took up the slack. And now its Thurman, Fields and the running backs. I think that's a testament to how good Lindale's offensive coaching staff is.

I must admit…I thought the same. Our coaches have done a great job developing the kids we have and they do a great job putting our kids in positions to be successful. We are traditionally a little less athletic…but we are always competitive. 

• Like 4

Agree, I know we have To replace 4/5 o-lineman next year but return almost all skill position players. Once we get the kinks worked out in the line, we should be very very explosive. Unfortunately, defense seems to always be our question mark. In the last 3 years we’ve avg. giving up 29 (2020), 33 (2021) and now 30 (2022) per game 

10 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Both teams want another shot at CH…I can assure you.

CH should probably worry about Lumberton first 

What I say on here has no bearing on the CH Lumberton game, or the team’s focus.  I ain’t a coach or a player.  So it’s impossible for “me” to focus on Lumberton and somehow affect the results of the game.  If any coaches or players are on here, my advice would be to quit wasting time on smoaky and go prepare. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1