Lovelady vs Carlisle Fri. 7p on November 25th @ Palastine Westwood

upullinmychain

Regional semis   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Lovelady vs Carlisle Fri November 25 @Palastine Westwood

This poll is closed to new votes

• upullinmychain changed the title to Lovelady vs Carlisle Fri November 25 @ Palastine Westwood
1 minute ago, Bear9T1 said:

Carlisle will be too much for Lovelady. Stop their QB and it’s a wrap.  42-14 Indians 

We gave up 176 rushing and 76 ish passing last night to wortham,when we forced them to throw we beat them..I personally think LL HAS a better offense than wortham and prob a way better defense...this game will be interesting to say the least 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, upullinmychain said:

Oh yeah,holding on to the football would be a great thing for us to work on this week in practice 👀

Yes, they stripped our ball carrier with 1:25 left in the game on a game sealing run where we had picked up a first down. Back in the day, the player used to have to carry a football around everywhere we went if we had fumbled the previous night. If coach saw you without the ball that week you got swats and had to run extra. Carrying it to lunch and with your books...etc etc.... Oh how times have changed. 

• Crawford changed the title to Lovelady vs Carlisle Fri; 7p on November 25th @ Palastine Westwood
24 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

I believe that is the right strategy, to stop the big QB. I think Carlisle will shut him down. Looking at them on film I believe Carlisle's team speed will contain them

Yes, stopping QB #32 is key, but RB #5 and #8 are very fast and hard to bring down. Carlisle will have to stop them also. Lovelady only had four offensive plays in the third quarter and scored four touchdowns. Maud was pretty successful passing the ball against Lovelady, think this is their weakest part of their defense. I think Carlisle being productive in the passing game will be vital to getting a win. 

DSC_5210.jpg

Edited by Ronster23
  • Like 1

• Crawford changed the title to Lovelady vs Carlisle Fri. 7p on November 25th @ Palastine Westwood
17 minutes ago, Ronster23 said:

Yes, stopping QB #32 is key, but RB #5 and #8 are very fast and hard to bring down. Carlisle will have to stop them also. Lovelady only had four offensive plays in the third quarter and scored four touchdowns. Maud was pretty successful passing the ball against Lovelady, think this is their weakest part of their defense. I think Carlisle being productive in the passing game will be vital to getting a win. 

DSC_5210.jpg

Mauds defense was punch and Judy all year tho..and hadn't played against a tru hard nosed running team all year till last night.yeah LL run game is solid,we know this for sure,but they better be able to throw accurately under pressure to beat us.should be an interesting prospective how the coaches scheme each other,this intrigues me the most 👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

I made a comment somewhere,here or on the app that they would key Brody and double clay and that Lil eaves would be a factor they couldn't account for and be a game changer in this one...I was right,they couldn't cover everybody and paid for it..you double Brody or hart and the others gonna get ya..be interesting seeing how better teams try this,the possible schemes intrigue me 👀

Heck they triple teamed Clayton and he still beat them deep..

Sir yall better fix that defense. The way yall talk about yalls team. No way Wortham should come back down 21 plus points.  Hell our jv could hold them off from 21 points. That is the truth.  Defense wins championships. 200 plus points on defense is not good. Lovelady gives up 6.6 points a game. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bigtank05 said:

Sir yall better fix that defense. The way yall talk about yalls team. No way Wortham should come back down 21 plus points.  Hell our jv could hold them off from 21 points. That is the truth.  Defense wins championships. 200 plus points on defense is not good. Lovelady gives up 6.6 points a game. 

They'll give up more than that and you know it,we'll get 40,question is will we give up 40 🤷‍♂️..but you forgetting one thing,only got to have one more than the opponent at last whistle 👀

4 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

Carlisle will be too much for Lovelady. Stop their QB and it’s a wrap.  42-14 Indians 

Lovelady isn’t the same team they were in your week 2 scrimmage with them. And they only ran the QB against y’all about 4 times and he scored 1. Good luck to the Bears throughout the playoffs!

2 hours ago, bigtank05 said:

Lovelady hasn't faced an O like Carlisle's. Best defense is a very good Offense ;)

7 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

Qb is great but he’s just one of the 3 runners that over 220. Very big backfield. I don’t think there is no way this is a blow out. Should be a good one. 

Edited by Lion1996