Lovelady vs Carlisle Fri. 7p on November 25th @ Palastine Westwood

upullinmychain

Regional semis   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Lovelady vs Carlisle Fri November 25 @Palastine Westwood

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, Ronster23 said:

Yes, stopping QB #32 is key, but RB #5 and #8 are very fast and hard to bring down. Carlisle will have to stop them also. Lovelady only had four offensive plays in the third quarter and scored four touchdowns. Maud was pretty successful passing the ball against Lovelady, think this is their weakest part of their defense. I think Carlisle being productive in the passing game will be vital to getting a win. 

DSC_5210.jpg

I actually thought we looked pretty good against the pass maud QB was solid. 

35 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Qb is great but he’s just one of the 3 runners that over 220. Very big backfield. I don’t think there is no way this is a blow out. Should be a good one. 

Anyone predicting a blowout is just hoping,this game should be a barn burner unless there's some injury nobody knows about or something 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Honestly.?.he's average IMHO but you still have to defend against him and yall did a good job.But what I'm hearing is that cat out in Albany is legit 👀...and healthy now 

Albany is far from what I worried about.  just hoping to get to mart for now. 

I know LL will be the underdog and everyone will say they haven’t played anyone. But you can only play what’s on the schedule and for the most part LL has beat teams worse than what other good teams have the same teams and done it in a hurry with starters not playing after halftime much. Really think it’s going to be hard to stop LL for 4 quarters. And I think we have the better defense. So I’ll say we win 42-35 

Edited by Lion1996

22 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

I know LL will be the underdog and everyone will say they haven’t played anyone. But you can only play what’s on the schedule and for the most part LL has beat teams worse than what other good teams have the same teams and done it in a hurry with starters not playing after halftime much. Really think it’s going to be hard to stop LL for 4 quarters. And I think we have the better defense. So I’ll say we win 42-35 

Yall starters be cramping up in second half from chasing chickens because they ain't played a full game in months..we gonna force yall to throw the ball and all we need is one more point than yall to get to mart...that's all we playing for.21-20. 41-40. 88-87  don't matter just one point.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

Yall starters be cramping up in second half from chasing chickens because they ain't played a full game in months..we gonna force yall to throw the ball and all we need is one more point than yall to get to mart...that's all we playing for.21-20. 41-40. 88-87  don't matter just one point.

That’s definitely what I’d try too. But I don’t think that’s to easy to do. But let’s say you do get us to throw it just opens up more space for Sean to run. 

55 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

That’s definitely what I’d try too. But I don’t think that’s to easy to do. But let’s say you do get us to throw it just opens up more space for Sean to run. 

Basically thats every team any game,we will most certainly dog him that's a given and making him run unprotected without blockers is our advantage I would think..if you watch last game when they threw we sent seven different blitz schemes in that game..ends solo or double Dawgs,end and linebacker,double linebackera..on and on...trust me our coaches and your coaches are tearing teams down play by play on film to find an edge..more than we know 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Basically thats every team any game,we will most certainly dog him that's a given and making him run unprotected without blockers is our advantage I would think..if you watch last game when they threw we sent seven different blitz schemes in that game..ends solo or double Dawgs,end and linebacker,double linebackera..on and on...trust me our coaches and your coaches are tearing teams down play by play on film to find an edge..more than we know 🤷‍♂️

You’ll have to make us throw first 😂. But I helps us that everyone knows you have to watch QB first because the others are good runners too. Gives them that half step to get up field. 

4 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

Boss, that's what they said the year Thacker was a huge fast QB at Alto. He had so many helmets sticking outa him it looked like a porcupine carrying a skin full of air.  Ha.  No disrespect at all he was a good player but the kids took it to him. Heck I even thought we might get ran all over, but the boys didn't let that happen. I know we will go into this game with the full respect for the LL program and the athletic abilities down there. You guys definitely deserve to expect the win. I think if we play clean, mistake free ball our team speed is gonna win it for us.

3 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Boss, that's what they said the year Thacker was a huge fast QB at Alto. He had so many helmets sticking outa him it looked like a porcupine carrying a skin full of air.  Ha.  No disrespect at all he was a good player but the kids took it to him. Heck I even thought we might get ran all over, but the boys didn't let that happen. I know we will go into this game with the full respect for the LL program and the athletic abilities down there. You guys definitely deserve to expect the win. I think if we play clean, mistake free ball our team speed is gonna win it for us.

Totally different with that alto team they only used him and nobody else. LL beat them out of the playoffs when we had a down year. Alto had way more talent and wasted it those years. Keenan they did the same thing with him. 

7 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Totally different with that alto team they only used him and nobody else. LL beat them out of the playoffs when we had a down year. Alto had way more talent and wasted it those years. Keenan they did the same thing with him. 

I forgot about Keenan. Yeah they leaned on Thacker heavy. We leaned on Gerald Turner pretty heavy too, but boy was he fun to watch.

9 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Alto had way more talent and wasted it those years. Keenan they did the same thing with him. 

What are you talking about?  Alto lost two games total the two years Keenan was QB, one in the 4th round on a last minute FG to Centerville.  That team destroyed everybody up until that game.  Hell, Alto hasn't even been past the 2nd round since that team.

16 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

What are you talking about?  Alto lost two games total the two years Keenan was QB, one in the 4th round on a last minute FG to Centerville.  That team destroyed everybody up until that game.  Hell, Alto hasn't even been past the 2nd round since that team.

I meant they only ran Keenan relied on one person too much that’s  why they got blown out his senior year. We won Regionals that year with probably less talent than alto. Keenan was special I loved watching him. 

Edited by Lion1996

26 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

I meant they only ran Keenan relied on one person too much that’s  why they got blown out his senior year. We won Regionals that year with probably less talent than alto. Keenan was special I loved watching him. 

Paleston Friday correct. I do not attend marts blow out games so might come watch this game.

8 hours ago, bigtank05 said:

Paleston Friday correct. I do not attend marts blow out games so might come watch this game.

If the wind is out the NNW sit on the visitor side..If it's from the north...well it will bring back memories of yall playing days...lol 😂..But yall welcome to come sit on our side and listen to the ol timers tell how good we were when they still played real man football...you know...lol 😂 

• LOL! 3