Lovelady vs Carlisle Fri. 7p on November 25th @ Palastine Westwood

upullinmychain

Regional semis   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Lovelady vs Carlisle Fri November 25 @Palastine Westwood

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/19/2022 at 8:39 AM, Ronster23 said:

Yes, stopping QB #32 is key, but RB #5 and #8 are very fast and hard to bring down. Carlisle will have to stop them also. Lovelady only had four offensive plays in the third quarter and scored four touchdowns. Maud was pretty successful passing the ball against Lovelady, think this is their weakest part of their defense. I think Carlisle being productive in the passing game will be vital to getting a win. 

DSC_5210.jpg

Does #5 have a brother that plays RB on the jv team?  That young man is gonna be a great RB when he gets up to varsity 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Does #5 have a brother that plays RB on the jv team?  That young man is gonna be a great RB when he gets up to varsity 

Yes that’s his brother 5 is just a sophomore. Little brother Should be about to hit a growth spurt. I think he will be bigger than 5 

2 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Yes that’s his brother 5 is just a sophomore. Little brother Should be about to hit a growth spurt. I think he will be bigger than 5 

Yeah I remember you telling me the young man had a brother on varsity but I didn’t know which one he was ! As much as I was impressed with the one on jv ..  I can only imagine what #5 looks like on the field! 

27 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yeah I remember you telling me the young man had a brother on varsity but I didn’t know which one he was ! As much as I was impressed with the one on jv ..  I can only imagine what #5 looks like on the field! 

Idk what his yard per carry is but it’s got to one of top ones in the state. He’s had a lot of tds on not that many carries. Look up any of the recaps he is easy to pick out he’s the one RB that’s not 200 pounds 

Edited by Lion1996
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Yall gon have to tell me how somebody dribble a funny shape football down the field 🤷‍♂️..still makes my head hurt remembering it...jeez 

You seen it happen twice then. Happened to y'all vs Joaquin in 09 at Carthage.

8 minutes ago, Lambo said:

You seen it happen twice then. Happened to y'all vs Joaquin in 09 at Carthage.

I was there for the Joe game too.but that was different,yalls back had it bounce back to him in stride...cville dude literally dribbled it about 3-4 yards like a Dam basketball and then did some carrying which is illegal in the other sport...js 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Yeah,107 yard kick off return to start game...jeez 

I believe that was Weston jones. It’s ashamed that him and his brother weren’t both close to Weston’s age we’d probably won state. They were two of our best ever. Isaac was about 6’1 215 and won state in the 200 

Edited by Lion1996

1 hour ago, Lion1996 said:

I believe that was Weston jones. It’s ashamed that him and his brother weren’t both close to Weston’s age we’d probably won state. They were two of our best ever. Isaac was about 6’1 215 and won state in the 200 

I got the years wrong Weston was the 2006 team. The 2012 team was Tre Sherman was the RB 

Edited by Lion1996

2 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Carlisle got one more in them however, this will closer than the Indians prefer.

1 sir,all it takes to get to mart and the next round....I like our chances and at this time of the year,close games are to be expected and usually the prerequisite for one testing their metel..perhaps Carlisle is the iron that Lovelady finds their blade is inadequate and is lacking,the stone upon which it breaks.Or we become the tool they need to put the edge on it..Should be an interesting and lively confrontation to say the least..I'm taking my Indians by 10-14 and late charge by the lions,just think the Indians make enough stops and our offense is a little more than they can account for on the eve..safe travels to all and good health to the Victor as you will need all the tools in the box for the inevitable confrontation with Mart the next week ✌️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

1 sir,all it takes to get to mart and the next round....I like our chances and at this time of the year,close games are to be expected and usually the prerequisite for one testing their metel..perhaps Carlisle is the iron that Lovelady finds their blade is inadequate and is lacking,the stone upon which it breaks.Or we become the tool they need to put the edge on it..Should be an interesting and lively confrontation to say the least..I'm taking my Indians by 10-14 and late charge by the lions,just think the Indians make enough stops and our offense is a little more than they can account for on the eve..safe travels to all and good health to the Victor as you will need all the tools in the box for the inevitable confrontation with Mart the next week ✌️

Yes whoever wins will need everyone the next week to hopefully stop mart’s absolute dominance of region 3 over the past few years. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

I expect to see a lot of purple in the stands tonight with their 2pm game being in van. Palestine not that far away 

I changed my mind. Alot mart is going to watch centerville vs timpson. In the coaching world its chees not checkers. They already have film on both teams. Remember you do not have meet to trade film. Hudl.com is a click of a button.  

54 minutes ago, bigtank05 said:

I changed my mind. Alot mart is going to watch centerville vs timpson. In the coaching world its chees not checkers. They already have film on both teams. Remember you do not have meet to trade film. Hudl.com is a click of a button.  

That one should be good too