Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final

HearEmaGrowlin

Dawgs or Bucks  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

Good run Gilmer but everybody besides Carthage was playing a short season to begin with. Carthage is on another level. There will be "Rudy" type speeches and "at a boys" and if "we play our very bests".....and nobody's gonna fault you for those.....but yeah.....the buck nut stops here. Very, very solid Gilmer team guys. Top notch season. Good luck to both. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Those Buckeyes are going to show up and play as hard and tough as they can.

We all know their defense has improved from last season to now.  We’ll need our offense to be in gear from the get go.

We have heard the Gilmer offense isn’t as explosive as years past, but is that accurate or not?

Bulldog players were interviewed after the Van Alstyne game last night, and they admitted the offense was a little sluggish to start.

Those same players committed to being on point from the opening kickoff.  I believe the Bulldogs will be lathered up from the start.

Gilmer has the Dawgs’ respect and we expect the Dawgs to come out playing with that in mind knowing you can’t let Gilmer get into a grove or you are in trouble.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Good run Gilmer but everybody besides Carthage was playing a short season to begin with. Carthage is on another level. There will be "Rudy" type speeches and "at a boys" and if "we play our very bests".....and nobody's gonna fault you for those.....but yeah.....the buck nut stops here. Very, very solid Gilmer team guys. Top notch season. Good luck to both. 

You’re five foot nothin, a hundred and nothin…

I have watched a few Gilmer games online this year. And of course I’ve watched all the Carthage games. I have done so most every year that I know Carthage and Gilmer are going to play each other and I feel like I can always tell when it’s not going to be a good one.

That being said… I will leave the nice, “cautious” talk to the players and coaches. Whether Tennison plays or not, it will not make a difference in this one. Carthage rolls Gilmer like they have rolled everyone else. 

• Like 3

If Carthage's defensive line comes hungry, it will be a statement game for those other regions to get scared about playing Carthage.............If Carthage's defensive line comes ready to hand wrestle at the line of scrimmage, it will be a very competive game -----Gilmer has too much speed to let them have all day to throw and/or scramble.  

8 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I have watched a few Gilmer games online this year. And of course I’ve watched all the Carthage games. I have done so most every year that I know Carthage and Gilmer are going to play each other and I feel like I can always tell when it’s not going to be a good one.

That being said… I will leave the nice, “cautious” talk to the players and coaches. Whether Tennison plays or not, it will not make a difference in this one. Carthage rolls Gilmer like they have rolled everyone else. 

it will make no difference at all who plays for Gilmer.  this game will most likely be over by halftime with some late fireworks by Gilmer to put some points on the board. Gilmer will have absolutely no answer for the Carthage defense. They haven't been able to crack that nut in a few years. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

You brute, haha!!

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You brute, haha!!

Lol I’m just being honest about what it looks like to me. The big difference is gonna be the o-line Vs our front seven. You could probably say that about most matchups when two teams play, but it always seems to be especially true when Carthage and Gilmer play. Gilmer will always have talented and athletic kids on the outside, just like we do. But I think we are going to dominate the trenches like usual from what I’ve seen and that usually equals to a Carthage blowout. 

But If I get proved wrong, Honcho will be right here to congrat the Buckeyes on a wild win. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

Dawgs will show up focused and play a complete game for the 1st time all year IMO

How many onside kicks will the Buckeyes attempt?

Marshall was 98.8% of a complete game....lol

One to start the game..........And a couple in the 4th quarter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Marshall was 98.8% of a complete game....lol

One to start the game..........And a couple in the 4th quarter

The Dawgs were like you say, almost full on Dawgin’ at Marshall.

Surratt said the team would be focused and slobbering to play the Mavericks.

Poor Mavs got nearly all of the Dawgs’ full potential in that first half.

I expect the Buckeyes will face a similar level of performance from Carthage Friday night.

• Like 1

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final