HearEmaGrowlin

Dawgs or Bucks  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

47 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Marshall was 98.8% of a complete game....lol

One to start the game..........And a couple in the 4th quarter

I agree about the Marshall game but I’m ready to see what a 98.8% complete game looks like at this point in the season. I think it’ll be scary for opposing teams

Hopefully the only opportunity they have will be the one to start the game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

I agree about the Marshall game but I’m ready to see what a 98.8% complete game looks like at this point in the season. I think it’ll be scary for opposing teams

Hopefully the only opportunity they have will be the one to start the game

Just say it……you want another 70-14 game.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Will Gilmer sport the new Orange Jordan uni’s for the big game next Fri?  I mean the Bux played great in them vs Spring Hill.  😂

“Spring Hill” being mentioned in a thread on Carthage & Gilmer…what’s wrong with this picture?  Lol

• Like 1

Someone is going to have to expose this defense before I think anyone has much chance. The offense did start flat last night, but still put up 40 in the first half because they got the ball back easily and often.  In that situation, Carthage is gonna score. A team is going to have to keep the ball and limit possessions. Not many sustained drives against this defense so far.

With Tennison, I think Gilmer can make this a game. Never underestimate the Bux.

Still think the Dawgs win pretty handily, but I think this will be the best game of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Someone is going to have to expose this defense before I think anyone has much chance. The offense did start flat last night, but still put up 40 in the first half because they got the ball back easily and often.  In that situation, Carthage is gonna score. A team is going to have to keep the ball and limit possessions. Not many sustained drives against this defense so far.

With Tennison, I think Gilmer can make this a game. Never underestimate the Bux.

Still think the Dawgs win pretty handily, but I think this will be the best game of the season.

Can and will are two very different things. 

I’m not sure this years Gilmer CAN make a game with this years Carthage. We will see of course. It will have a lot to do with the players, but Gilmer does have very good athletes and players as well. It will have a lot more to do with the coaching staff matchup. 

Edited by mikehoncho
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 36gut said:

Why did Carthage agree to this venue? The last time Gilmer beat Carthage was at Lobo Stadium in 2015.

Since that 2015 season… Carthage is 7-0 against Gilmer with an Avg margin of victory of 29 points. It hasn’t been competitive. It doesn’t matter where the game is played. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I have watched a few Gilmer games online this year. And of course I’ve watched all the Carthage games. I have done so most every year that I know Carthage and Gilmer are going to play each other and I feel like I can always tell when it’s not going to be a good one.

That being said… I will leave the nice, “cautious” talk to the players and coaches. Whether Tennison plays or not, it will not make a difference in this one. Carthage rolls Gilmer like they have rolled everyone else. 

That is correct 

This is the game Dawgs fans will see both offense and defense fired up with a lot of emotion. 
I will say it now this Dawg D is a once in a generational defense, the perfect mixture of size, speed, and power. 
They attack the ball and always disrupt the play. 
I don’t know how many fumbles and interceptions the Dawg D has but there are many. 
I don’t care who the QB is for Gilmer, they are going to get punished and often. You can’t name one special guy because they all make big plays. 
The Dawg offense will be ramped up for this one you can bet on that. 
Cuff will be leading a very determined group. The four receivers will have opportunities to score, the Dawg Hogs will give Cuff great pass protection and the three outstanding running backs will have holes to run through. 
I agree this will be the most complete team we will have seen since the Marshall game. 
Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Number 🏆 is one more game closer. 
God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 

I actually think this game will be close going in to intermission. One bad turnover or one  special teams blunder can change this game quickly. No onside kicks and keeping pressure on the Carthage QB will be key for Gilmer to keep it close. Wish I could watch this one live. Good luck to both teams!! 

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final