Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final

HearEmaGrowlin

Dawgs or Bucks  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

I actually think this game will be close going in to intermission. One bad turnover or one  special teams blunder can change this game quickly. No onside kicks and keeping pressure on the Carthage QB will be key for Gilmer to keep it close. Wish I could watch this one live. Good luck to both teams!! 

Normally I would say maybe, but not this year. 10 of the 12 teams had zero points at half time with 7 of those with minus rushing yards at half time. 
The Dawgs hit another gear next Friday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

This is the game Dawgs fans will see both offense and defense fired up with a lot of emotion. 
I will say it now this Dawg D is a once in a generational defense, the perfect mixture of size, speed, and power. 
They attack the ball and always disrupt the play. 
I don’t know how many fumbles and interceptions the Dawg D has but there are many. 
I don’t care who the QB is for Gilmer, they are going to get punished and often. You can’t name one special guy because they all make big plays. 
The Dawg offense will be ramped up for this one you can bet on that. 
Cuff will be leading a very determined group. The four receivers will have opportunities to score, the Dawg Hogs will give Cuff great pass protection and the three outstanding running backs will have holes to run through. 
I agree this will be the most complete team we will have seen since the Marshall game. 
Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Number 🏆 is one more game closer. 
God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 

Sounds like the same arrogance from Carthage fans as this time last year.  I guess y’all forgot what happened a year ago when y’all spewed arrogance or ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

27 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Sounds like the same arrogance from Carthage fans as this time last year.  I guess y’all forgot what happened a year ago when y’all spewed arrogance or ignorance.

My post from earlier, and we do want you to know Carthage fans, coaches and players respect Gilmer:

Those Buckeyes are going to show up and play as hard and tough as they can.

We all know their defense has improved from last season to now.  We’ll need our offense to be in gear from the get go.

We have heard the Gilmer offense isn’t as explosive as years past, but is that accurate or not?

Bulldog players were interviewed after the Van Alstyne game last night, and they admitted the offense was a little sluggish to start.

Those same players committed to being on point from the opening kickoff.  I believe the Bulldogs will be lathered up from the start.

Gilmer has the Dawgs’ respect and we expect the Dawgs to come out playing with that in mind knowing you can’t let Gilmer get into a grove or you are in trouble.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, iRockNewbzz said:

@mikehoncho @HearEmaGrowlin What impresses me the most about this Carthage team is 1) the splendid job this Dawg defense does week after week but equally as impressive is the fact that no team has shut down 1 aspect of the offense and forced the Dawgs to be 1 dimensional. So many weapons that play a role weekly

This team has been a fun one to watch and it’s so hard to slow an offense with SS as its mastermind.

49 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Gilmer is not China Spring of last year, not even close. And Carthage this year is an entirely different team in all phases. I’d bet my home that this year’s Carthage team would beat last years China Spring. 

Edited by mikehoncho
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Gilmer is not China Spring of last year, not even close. And Carthage this year is an entirely different team in all phases. I’d bet my home that this year’s Carthage team would beat last years China Spring. 

Me too, they just caught us at the right time and that’s part of football.

Some seasons we and everyone else are better than others.

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin

6 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

All of you picking Carthage better be careful,  they haven't made it past the 3rd round in years!!!

JK Dawgs, figured I better use that line while I can.  

1 year. Last year. Before that it was another two titles. C’mon trashy, keep up. Lol 😂

3 minutes ago, Acewell said:

Guys if we play perfect, and Carthage has a bad game, turns it over 3,4, maybe 5 times. We have a chance.  

I know it sounds cocky, but I’d really say it’s just confidence in the product. I truly think it will take a very bad game from Carthage. But maybe that’s what happens. 

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final