Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final

HearEmaGrowlin

Dawgs or Bucks  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Has anyone happened to see the video from the Van Alstyne commentator when Carthage scored their final TD at the end of the game?

Just saw it for the first time and I have to say what he said was incredibly unprofessional and crappy

Do you and a link?  

Look my fellow Gilmer fans until we show that we have a pulse against Carthage then they have every right to beat their chest. I honestly think the last couple of yrs it’s has been about thr X’s and O’s more than the Jimmy and joes. It’s like our coach is like the coach off of water boy when it comes to Surratt. That’s why Traylor was so successful against Surratt because it takes fire to fight fire can’t be the nice guy that cares what outsiders think of you. Gotta let the boys come out and just be themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Grumpy 1

2 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Look my fellow Gilmer fans until we show that we have a pulse against Carthage then they have every right to beat their chest. I honestly think the last couple of yrs it’s has been about thr X’s and O’s more than the Jimmy and joes. It’s like our coach is like the coach off of water boy when it comes to Surratt. That’s why Traylor was so successful against Surratt because it takes fire to fight fire can’t be the nice guy that cares what outsiders think of you. Gotta let the boys come out and just be themselves. 

This. It hasn’t been the same since Traylor. Not saying Metzel isn’t a good coach, but when it’s between these two coaching staffs it often feels like the planning and adjustments by Carthage get the extra leg up in the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

This. It hasn’t been the same since Traylor. Not saying Metzel isn’t a good coach, but when it’s between these two coaching staffs it often feels like the planning and adjustments by Carthage get the extra leg up in the game.

That’s because we wanna stick to the book no matter what while Surratt is playing with no rules. We worry about feelings in Gilmer now, we have always played a lot of kids but With Jeff when it was a big game he rode his horses. Metzel is gonna have to call the plays if we want to have a chance because Lipsey has shown he’s no match for that D-coordinator 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Sounds like the same arrogance from Carthage fans as this time last year.  I guess y’all forgot what happened a year ago when y’all spewed arrogance or ignorance.

Big difference between last year and this year. Last year the Dawg offense was young. They are not young and inexperienced anymore. 
Nobody had a clue that this years defense would be better than last year. 
It is no one’s opinion that says it. It is the stats that prove it. The starters having given up 20 points in 12 games, the offense averages 42 points by half time. 

9 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think you’re remembering more fondly Traylor versus Surratt than what happened.

I think they were about even when going head to head, right?

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Has anyone happened to see the video from the Van Alstyne commentator when Carthage scored their final TD at the end of the game?

Just saw it for the first time and I have to say what he said was incredibly unprofessional and crappy

Dude claimed to be an ex panthers player then goes on to say how they should be proud of hanging 30 pts on the Dawgs….🤣🤣🤣

Then says the Dawgs are trash for scoring

pure comedy gold

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, bossman1 said:

Dude claimed to be an ex panthers player then goes on to say how they should be proud of hanging 30 pts on the Dawgs….🤣🤣🤣

Then says the Dawgs are trash for scoring

pure comedy gold

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Is that the guy from VA livestream that had to run the camera, call the game, and keep his own stats cause his crew didn’t come?

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final