Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final

HearEmaGrowlin

Dawgs or Bucks  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, bansheefan03 said:

They keep there ones in and was trying to score so he was going to still score with his guys too then

Exactly!  Van Alstyne announcer should understand he doesn’t need to be happy with them scoring on our backups yet does not want our backups on offense scoring on their defensive 1’s.

Can’t have it both ways.  We stopped way earlier, could’ve brought the starters back in the early 4th to stop them from scoring and really add on points, but Surratt didn’t do that.

VA boy needs to quit being such a baby.

11 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

They keep there ones in and was trying to score so he was going to still score with his guys too then

Eh, the VA announcer was definitely a drama queen.  But Surratt should've taken a knee. One knee and the game was over,  scoring then seems a little much. 

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

Eh, the VA announcer was definitely a drama queen.  But Surratt should've taken a knee. One knee and the game was over,  scoring then seems a little much. 

Admittedly, I’ve never seen SS score with that little amount of time remaining in the game when the result of the game was no longer in question.

However, those are your 2nd and 3rd stringers out there on offense and they want to perform too.

It’s a tough situation, I guess SS just wanted to get into the 60’s..

🙂

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Admittedly, I’ve never seen SS score with that little amount of time remaining in the game when the result of the game was no longer in question.

However, those are your 2nd and 3rd stringers out there on offense and they want to perform too.

🙂

Just seemed out of character.  Maybe VA coach was being a jerk and needed a reminder

6 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Sounds like the same arrogance from Carthage fans as this time last year.  I guess y’all forgot what happened a year ago when y’all spewed arrogance or ignorance.

Did Gilmer beat the Dawgs last year?

Look man, most of us have bent over backwards to tell y'all how much we respect Gilmer as a program, fanbase, and school system. We root for Gilmer outside of their games against Carthage. But again, the record speaks for itself. We have every reason to be confident that Carthage will continue to win. This team has been dominant. Last season there were several warning signs that we glossed over. False humility ain't doing anyone any good.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

You're saying we have a chance?  Have you not been reading what the Carthage folks have been warning us about what is gonna happen?

You Gilmer people know good and well we pull for the Buckeyes when not playing our Dawgs. Two years ago we believed we were better because that 2020 dominated everyone and was loaded with seniors. Last year our offense was young with new starters everywhere. We hoped our veteran defense would stop Gilmers offense and it did. 
This year so far this Dawg team has totally dominated every team it has played by half time. I watched the full game between Gilmer and Rusk. Rusk made Gilmer work for every point. They made y’all punt four times, missed field goal and a pick 6. You could not run the ball at all. The Dawgs beat them 49 to o and held them to minus rushing yards until the starters were pulled. I blamed it on the weather because I know the Buckeyes are way better than that night. 
no body is call a score in this game but we do believe the Dawgs will win this game. Just like a true Buckeye should believe they can win the game. 
No arrogant Dawgs fans here but we know what we have watched for 12 weeks and this Dawg team has a chance to be as good as the 2020 group. 

51 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

You're saying we have a chance?  Have you not been reading what the Carthage folks have been warning us about what is gonna happen?

Just think how satisfying it will be for you to come back Friday night and rub it in!!!

This will be the state championship game.  It will be an absolute bare knuckle brawl. Unfortunate that this game happens in round three. It is certainly an advantage for whoever gets the winner, because both teams will feel this one like no other this season. Carthage has not seen on film what they will see Friday.  And this years Bulldogs squad is very, very good. But this contest will be on another level. Think Gilmer / Gladewater 2014… but the winner will have to survive to get to the ring. The rest of the state is laughing… along with the UIL.  And if you guys in Austin are reading this board?  You suck.  Period. Playing this game in week 3 is a travesty.  Buckle up. This is gonna be a car wreck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buckeyefandom said:

This will be the state championship game.  It will be an absolute bare knuckle brawl. Unfortunate that this game happens in round three. It is certainly an advantage for whoever gets the winner, because both teams will feel this one like no other this season. Carthage has not seen on film what they will see Friday.  And this years Bulldogs squad is very, very good. But this contest will be on another level. Think Gilmer / Gladewater 2014… but the winner will have to survive to get to the ring. The rest of the state is laughing… along with the UIL.  And if you guys in Austin are reading this board?  You suck.  Period. Playing this game in week 3 is a travesty.  Buckle up. This is gonna be a car wreck.

Unless Gilmer can win the LOS battle on both sides of the ball at least 50% of the time, it’s not going to be a car wreck.  It’s going to be more like a train going 50 mph hitting a car sitting still on the tracks.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

🙂

If 2nd and 3rd guys are scoring that is a You problem.  Their time to shine .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Unless Gilmer can win the LOS battle on both sides of the ball at least 50% of the time, it’s not going to be a car wreck.  It’s going to be more like a train going 50 mph hitting a car sitting still on the tracks.

If 295 and 285 play like they did against Kilgore and Marshall, you can expect train wreck. 

• Like 2

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final