Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final

HearEmaGrowlin

Dawgs or Bucks  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Yeah I’m hoping people won’t be there at 4:30 standing there waiting in lin to get in. 

You better stop hoping…….Will be a line started by 4:00, if a pretty day.  Probably not a long line until 4:45 to 5:00. 

7 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

I’m surprised that there aren’t many Gilmer posters on here like there used to be. Not just this game but pretty much been like this all year. They used to have some of the biggest threads. 

They were here when Gilmer was running the score up on crappy teams.   Now that they’re not as good they’re fair weather fans.

9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Lots of talk about Carthage posters being arrogant.  These two Gilmer announcers ooze arrogance!  It’s just miserable to listen too.  D1 players all over the field.  Degrading of the other team about half the time they speak.  Officials not calling penalties on the opposing team.  The best is at 24:38!  Really guys?  Not that Carthage needs any bulletin board material but that comment is laughable.  I pray they do a recap of the Carthage vs Gilmer game like this so we can hear all of the excuses why Carthage wins by 35+!

If you think this was bad, wait till our announcers are at 100 percent.  This game was called with a backup.  Usually, they're  even worse.  Like Huey Lewis said...

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, tigernationfan said:

Maybe , but maybe it could be bad draw for Carthage.  

Sure, if it somehow winds up PG whipping Carthage. But it’s never happened before. I don’t look for that to start happening this year either. But gotta handle each other’s quality opponents first. 

16 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Could be a disappointing end to the year for sure!

Recent history aside, I don't ever feel good about playing the Bux.

Normally I would feel the same but not with this Dawg team. 
I am not sure if football fans can grasp what this defense has done to good and bad teams. 20 points in 12 games. That is 1.6 points a game. The offense has averaged 42 points by half time. 
That is unheard of in this day and time. 

Honestly the only good team Carthage has played was Kilgore the first game of the season. I’m not knocking them because it’s hard to find teams to play them. The UIL hurt them with putting them in Reg 2 so it took two games away from them in us and PG. I think if we can somehow keep it close late into the game will fatigue become a factor since most of the starters don’t know how it feel to play in the 4th qtr.

14 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Honestly the only good team Carthage has played was Kilgore the first game of the season. I’m not knocking them because it’s hard to find teams to play them. The UIL hurt them with putting them in Reg 2 so it took two games away from them in us and PG. I think if we can somehow keep it close late into the game will fatigue become a factor since most of the starters don’t know how it feel to play in the 4th qtr.

I wouldn’t go quite that far.

Kilgore

Center

Rusk

Marshall

Those aren’t bad teams and Marshall had no business losing that game to Crandall. 
We’ve actually experienced this same type thing in the past when folks questioned our strength of schedule, and it made no difference.

Obviously hoping for that same result this year.

The fatigue deal, meh, they’re 18 years old and younger, be fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I wouldn’t go quite that far.

Kilgore

Center

Rusk

Marshall

Those aren’t bad teams and Marshall had no business losing that game to Crandall. 
We’ve actually experienced this same type thing in the past when folks questioned our strength of schedule, and it made no difference.

Obviously hoping for that same result this year.

The fatigue deal, meh, they’re 18 years old and younger, be fine.

I gave u Kilgore but center,rusk and Marshall wasn’t that good. You can say they’re are 18 all u want but when ur not use to playing a whole game it matters, prolly not so much with the skill kids but for the boy In the trenches it do. 

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I gave u Kilgore but center,rusk and Marshall wasn’t that good. You can say they’re are 18 all u want but when ur not use to playing a whole game it matters, prolly not so much with the skill kids but for the boy In the trenches it do. 

Well, Center had a strong offense and a pedestrian defense. 
Y’all just beat Rusk 25-7.

Think we were beating Rusk 42-0 at halftime. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Center’s offense was prolific and they should still be playing if weren’t for shooting themselves in the foot. Center was good. 

Like @HearEmaGrowlin, Rusk gave y’all a tough game. We can’t say the same. 

As for the boys in the trenches, Carthage always dominates the line of scrimmage when it comes to Gilmer. Gilmer can have as many athletes as they want with track speed people like to boast about, but it won’t matter because of coaching and the boys in the trenches who are not used to playing a whole game. 👌🏻

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cotton84 said:

People getting there at 5:00 or after will probably have trouble finding legal parking spots - if no rain and not going to be below 40 degrees during game. 

2014 for the gilmer/gladewater game we started getting there at 1 and the game started at 6,their were at least 1000 inline  trying to get a good seat..lol

42 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, Center had a strong offense and a pedestrian defense. 
Y’all just beat Rusk 25-7.

Think we were beating Rusk 42-0 at halftime. 

Same as the gilmer vs Kilgore game. That game was super close game in the 4th and Gilmer ended up winning by 14. Carthage vs Kilgore it was over at halftime 

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Ever been to a Carthage practice ?

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final