Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final

HearEmaGrowlin

Dawgs or Bucks  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, 36gut said:

I thought I would add, since all you Carthage people love our broadcasters so much, that Joe Dodd informed me last night that the Gilmer ISD/Etex livestream has been cleared for Friday by the UIL and will be available on all the usual outlets. 

Great!  Now we will have video/audio evidence when the excuses start flying.

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Carthage 45

Gilmer 20

4 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You read all the comments TCU44.  Proud of you!

This is what he does. He predicts absurd scores against Carthage all year that he knows won’t come true. Then when it’s a game he actually thinks Carthage can lose, he predicts in favor of Carthage, trying to jinx. Lol 

Since the start of the 2016 season, Carthage is 96-4 (.960) with 4 state championships (2016, 2017, 2019 & 2020). The Bulldogs also lost once in the state semifinals (2018).

During this same period, Gilmer is 78-20 (.788). The Buckeyes lost twice in the state championship game (2020 & 2021) and lost once in the state semifinals (2016).

8 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

Since the start of the 2016 season, Carthage is 96-4 (.960) with 4 state championships (2016, 2017, 2019 & 2020). The Bulldogs also lost once in the state semifinals (2018).

During this same period, Gilmer is 78-20 (.788). The Buckeyes lost twice in the state championship game (2020 & 2021) and lost once in the state semifinals (2016).

You getting ready GB?

56 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

Not Bad after losing Traylor now we will see how well Carthage will do after Surratt leaves 

1 hour ago, BevBrownJr said:

Not too shabby.  That's better than 95% of the schools in the state.

We have played at least 3 rounds deep for the last 17 years straight.  Just another fact.

Edited by blackflag79

14 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Not Bad after losing Traylor now we will see how well Carthage will do after Surratt leaves 

He won't leave until his son graduates.  Some of you Carthage peeps can tell me what grade he's in now.  I think he's a freshman, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackflag79 said:

He won't leave until his son graduates.  Some of you Carthage peeps can tell me what grade he's in now.  I think he's a freshman, right?

He is a freshman and has played two Varsity possessions this year, one in each playoff game during the first half playing with and against the starting units of both teams. He has led both possession to TDs, throwing a TD pass on both. 

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

He is a freshman and has played two Varsity possessions this year, one in each playoff game during the first half playing with and against the starting units of both teams. He has led both possession to TDs, throwing a TD pass on both. 

I think he's going to be the next QB in line for sure, and I know Scott wants to coach him, and watch him develop.

6 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Heck, he is probably good enough for the college level.  That may be the next step for him.

Also, it’s all about what he wants to do. If he’s happy where he’s at and loves what he’s doing, he could stay around as long as he wants and go for all kinds of records. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

That Carthage stat is absurd!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Also, it’s all about what he wants to do. If he’s happy where he’s at and loves what he’s doing, he could stay around as long as he wants and go for all kinds of records. 

I would if he loves winning. Or he could go somewhere else and never come close to winning. I would love for him to come to Tisd and see what he could do for one of our schools. 

Edited by VonG

There is no chance Surratt leaves for any other high school in Texas. The only way I ever think he leaves is to go to the next level. I guarantee you Scott has a lot of respect for the CISD for taking a shot hiring him to begin with. I know schools that turned him down... one of them really well as a matter of fact. Imagine being one of those! 

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final