Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final

HearEmaGrowlin

Dawgs or Bucks  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, GWBears01 said:

Gilmer played well they just couldn’t get anything going offensively. Tennison might not have won the game for them but I would have liked to have seen it. 

His ankle must have been really bad not to at least give him a shot.

Gilmer really showed the Carthage offense that they can't just go through the motions. Gilmers defense deserves a ton of credit. They played great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

His ankle must have been really bad not to at least give him a shot.

Gilmer really showed the Carthage offense that they can't just go through the motions. Gilmers defense deserves a ton of credit. They played great.

I think he plays if he's a senior. As a sophomore....can't jeopardize his health in his last 2 seasons. Jmo

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final

Good game Gilmer! Gilmer defense was very good. That being said, when Carthage wasn’t getting cute they were getting what they wanted. Noah Paddie dominated this game on offense. 

I think Gilmer got the monkey off their backs in this one as far as showing they can compete with Carthage again. We watched two amazing defenses do their thing tonight. 

Very silly to play Tennison in garbage time at the end. Might as well have seen what could be. I don’t think he would have made the difference and historically Carthage has had great success defending Gilmer’s passing attack with a ton of Turnovers and we saw that again tonight. Rohan running the ball was their most success 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

Carthage D is as billed...wished we would of be completely healthy, without a serious pass threat, its not hard to know what we are going to do hats of to 17 coming in at QB...

The defenses definitely stole the show tonight. I would be so very surprised if Carthage faces a tougher defense going forward. Hats off to Gilmer in this game and a great season 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I’m not a Carthage guy, but it seemed to me they got whatever they want on offense when they just ran right at Gilmer.

Exactly, we were doing way too much side to side and behind the LOS passes.  Oh well, W.

Wasn’t pretty, Gilmer’s defense did play well and was part of why we didn’t execute well, but lots of it seemed we did too much cute stuff instead of cramming it down their throat.

• Like 2

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Exactly, we were doing way too much side to side and behind the LOS passes.  Oh well, W.

Wasn’t pretty, Gilmer’s defense did play well and was part of why we didn’t execute well, but lots of it seemed we did too much cute stuff instead of cramming it down their throat.

100%. And I truly don’t wanna take anything from Gilmer because they played very well. But when we were running north and south it was butter. Too much cutesy BS. But it happens sometimes and I guess it keeps people honest? Idk. Lol

• Love 1