Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final

HearEmaGrowlin

Dawgs or Bucks  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

We have to talk about this… it was my favorite play of the entire game and got me fired up more than maybe anything I’ve seen this season. 

Cuff straight up hip tossed/body slammed the defender on that one run. It was brutal. 

Yea me too.  Heck a play. 

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

28-7 how many points is that pick worth,  do you think?  7?, 14?, 21? Or most likely,  0.

Right!  Gilmer would have had to go 75 to tie the game if the pick would have stood.    Gilmers only pts came off a deep ball that was completed only 1 time all night.   Cmon man.   

• Like 3

Just now, BlackShirtD said:

Right!  Gilmer would have had to go 75 to tie the game if the pick would have stood.    Gilmers only pts came off a deep ball that was completed only 1 time all night.   Cmon man.   

Reality still matters.  Great game though!  I've not been nervous all year!  DAWG91 ❤️ Gilmer football.

• Like 1

I think Gilmer now has a slightly higher enrollment than Carthage. 822 was what I heard a couple of months ago.

The Dawgs need to stay in D2 and continue to dominate. Gilmer is still furiously adding students to try to get into D1. 

With CHill having just defeated Lumberton, two of the three "District of Doom" teams that Gilmer beat are now playing for the regional championship in D1.

1 minute ago, 36gut said:

I think Gilmer now has a slightly higher enrollment than Carthage. 822 was what I heard a couple of months ago.

The Dawgs need to stay in D2 and continue to dominate. Gilmer is still furiously adding students to try to get into D1. 

With CHill having just defeated Lumberton, two of the three "District of Doom" teams that Gilmer beat are now playing for the regional championship in D1.

Gilmer would be a legit contender for a DI title this year. 

• LOL! 1

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

Naw that was a huge momentum play tho so u never know how it would have turned out honestly. 

Sure. But any time they got it, momentum didn’t last Gilmer more than a play or two throughout the whole game before Carthage forced another turnover or stoned then on another 4th down. 

But hey, it was a much better game than myself and many others predicted. Glad we all got to watch a good one.

• Like 1

yea lot of people thought carthage would score at will.  i wasn't surprised with this game.  Always thought the offense was pretty inconsistent.  hopefully this game will help.  finally played a good team with a lot of serious athletes.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Naw that was a huge momentum play tho so u never know how it would have turned out honestly. 

Since we are talking about what-if’s, can we say Carthage left 14 points on the field with the missed wheel route to Paddy in Q1 and Cuff not seeing Paddy in the back of the end zone at the end of Q2?  The score could have easily been 42-7.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Since we are talking about what-if’s, can we say Carthage left 14 points on the field with the missed wheel route to Paddy in Q1 and Cuff not seeing Paddy in the back of the end zone at the end of Q2?  The score could have easily been 42-7.

I’m not speaking what ifs the interception happened and by the way go try and win a game in Spring Hill lol. The better team won tonight and Surratt will always own Metzel period.

Okay, for a few quick observations:

1.  14-7 and Gilmer has the ball in the 4th quarter.  Couldn't ask more of the Buckeyes.  They played their hearts out, and they got beat by a better team.

2.  On two different possessions in the 2nd quarter, Tate beat his man on a hitch and go.  Both passes were just slightly underthrown, which allowed the Carthage CB to get back into the play and break it up.  If Gilmer hits on even one of those, it's 14-14 in the 4th quarter, and this might have been a totally different game.

3.  Some people will criticize the Gilmer play calling, but it was the Gilmer play calling that kept them in the game.  Tennison was not 100%, and Rohan hadn't played QB until last week.  Run the ball, control the clock, and hopefully hit them with a big play in the passing game.  It almost happened, as I just said about the passes in the 2nd quarter.  I honestly don't know if it would have mattered if Tennison was in the game, this was the right strategy to try to beat Carthage.

4.  There were about 7-8 plays where Haynes or Henderson would have broken it big against almost any other team, but the Carthage D is so well positioned and so quick to recover that they kept the big play from happening.  I thought on several plays Gilmer was about to bust it, only to have a Carthage defender trip them up last second.  Hats off to the Carthage D.

5.  Ward played a heck of a game tonight for Gilmer.  He went both ways most of the night, and he played really good on the offensive line.  Really a warrior tonight.

6. Give a ton of credit to Carthage, but I was not a fan of their behavior before the game.  The "They don't want none" chant was a little classless for my taste.  

Great game by both teams.  Really proud of how Gilmer played tonight.  Good luck to Carthage the rest of the way.

• Like 1