Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final

HearEmaGrowlin

Dawgs or Bucks  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, bansheefan03 said:

Well just want to say to all the guys that say that gilmer did intercept the ball please somehow gain access to bally sports to watch the replay u can clearly see ball fall out as he hit the ground and completely looses it once back hits the ground

Incomplete.

The initial picture I saw on SDC from the Gilmer fans shows the foot well inbounds, but they did not talk about control of the ball.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Incomplete.

The initial picture I saw on SDC from the Gilmer fans shows the foot well inbounds, but they did not talk about control of the ball.

All good conspiracy theories have a hole.  LOL!  Something else to focus on in the Bally replay is the Line Judge.  All the shade is on the Field Judge since he was closest to the play.  But the Line Judge had the best view of the ball.  He never hesitates to call the play incomplete.  If he had a question about the play, he would have conferenced with the Field Judge before making the final call.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Well just want to say to all the guys that say that gilmer did intercept the ball please somehow gain access to bally sports to watch the replay u can clearly see ball fall out as he hit the ground and completely looses it once back hits the ground

That figures. I haven’t gotten to rewatch yet, so I could only speak to the foot in bounds. And again, even if they had completed control and been awarded an INT, they were NOT going to drive down and score. Why? Because they only did once all game on a long pass play. They did not move the ball with any consistency whatsoever on that stonewall defense 

Edited by mikehoncho
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

That figures. I haven’t gotten to rewatch yet, so I could only speak to the foot in bounds. And again, even if they had completed control and been awarded an INT, they were NOT going to drive down and score. Why? Because they only did once all game on a long pass play. They did not move the ball with any consistency whatsoever on that stonewall defense 

You gotta watch the Gilmer livestream on YouTube!  Just fast forward to Cuff’s fumble and watch from there to Carthage’s 3rd TD.  It is sad that these guys really believe the crap they spew.  The guy literally showed a still shot picture from his phone on camera, and then said he was going to text to Coach Metzel so he could send to the UIL to investigate.

Overall, I actually like that we were challenged and think it was good for us.

I saw a post game interview on Twitter of Ked and Vincent and they talked about Gilmer played well enough to provide some adversity and the team had to pick it up.

Gilmer played well on defense, Paddie and Surratt said in separate interviews it wasn’t our cleanest or best performance offensively, but we won and are moving on.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things we’re all kind of meh about beating Gilmer 28-7.  

Know what I’m saying?..

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You gotta watch the Gilmer livestream on YouTube!  Just fast forward to Cuff’s fumble and watch from there to Carthage’s 3rd TD.  It is sad that these guys really believe the crap they spew.  The guy literally showed a still shot picture from his phone on camera, and then said he was going to text to Coach Metzel so he could send to the UIL to investigate.

I can’t and won’t watch them. Lol. I have heard their crap in previous years and the few games I fast fowarded through this year to look at Gilmer. They are gross. Also their coaches show during the week is really awkward how they just stand up in front of a bookshelf and I swear sometimes it seems like even the coach feels awkward about how dumb the interviewer is.

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I saw a post game interview on Twitter of Ked and Vincent and they talked about Gilmer played well enough to provide some adversity and the team had to pick it up.

Gilmer played well on defense, Paddie and Surratt said in separate interviews it wasn’t our cleanest or best performance offensively, but we won and are moving on.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things we’re all kind of meh about beating Gilmer 28-7.  

Know what I’m saying?..

Absolutely. I feel sometimes as a fan base, we can be very hard to please and not as appreciative as most schools would be with some victories we have. Myself included  

Edited by mikehoncho
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Know what I’m saying?..

100%.  Carthage needed to be challenged and Gilmer brought it.  But the reality is the score should have been 35-7 or even 42-7 if Carthage executes like normal.  Credit Gilmer for much of that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I can’t and won’t watch them. Lol. I have heard their crap in previous years and the few games I fast fowarded through this year to look at Gilmer. They are gross. Also their coaches show during the week is really awkward how they just stand up in front of a bookshelf and I swear sometimes it seems like even the coach feels awkward about how dumb the interviewer is.

The last coach’s show filmed today or tomorrow should be riveting!  😂

I have no dog in this fight,but both teams are real good and realisticly they are the #1 and #2

but one of you have to lose. Gilmer feels as if they were cheated,Carthage feels they just had a bad

day. Lol guys the games over now lets follow carthage and get another east Tx trophy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mightyeagle said:

I have no dog in this fight,but both teams are real good and realisticly they are the #1 and #2

but one of you have to lose. Gilmer feels as if they were cheated,Carthage feels they just had a bad

day. Lol guys the games over now lets follow carthage and get another east Tx trophy. 

Yes, I feel like the calls/non-calls/bad-calls were even for both teams.  That interception/non-interception, would not have been a difference maker.  What could have been a difference maker and swung the momentum over to Gilmer, was the long fade to the home sideline that Carthage intercepted.  That has been a Buckeye bread-and- butter play all year.  You couild tell the Dawgs had practiced defending against that play a lot.  The safety came over in perfect position for the interception.  To me, that was THE play that could have put more pressure on Carthage, had they not intercepted it.  In the end, both teams showed why they were ranked #1 and #2.  Good game and I look forward to Carthage finishing out with a perfect season and another championship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

Yes, I feel like the calls/non-calls/bad-calls were even for both teams.  That interception/non-interception, would not have been a difference maker.  What could have been a difference maker and swung the momentum over to Gilmer, was the long fade to the home sideline that Carthage intercepted.  That has been a Buckeye bread-and- butter play all year.  You couild tell the Dawgs had practiced defending against that play a lot.  The safety came over in perfect position for the interception.  To me, that was THE play that could have put more pressure on Carthage, had they not intercepted it.  In the end, both teams showed why they were ranked #1 and #2.  Good game and I look forward to Carthage finishing out with a perfect season and another championship.

I agree. Gilmer was definitely deserving and lived up to their ranking. I’m hoping that means Carthage runs the table and gets #9

• Love 1

On 11/25/2022 at 9:33 PM, cotton84 said:

The ref on the line of scrimmage on Carthage’s side gave Gilmer a full yard on several occasions - made a difference on Gilmer getting a first down on 4th down once…….but they are high school officials for a reason.  

At least they have the cojones to put on the stripes and get out on the field!  Easy to make the call from the cheap seats.

And how do you know many of them haven't called or don't still call college football?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, MoveTheChain said:

I have watched a lot of Gilmer over the years but this was the best Defense that I have watched from Gilmer. They tackled well and that D lineman was as good as it gets. Hope he gets offers. 
It was a great game and Gilmer played the Dawgs better than any one has all year. 

2 hours ago, DieHardCubFan said:

At least they have the cojones to put on the stripes and get out on the field!  Easy to make the call from the cheap seats.

And how do you know many of them haven't called or don't still call college football?

Many of them call college; anywhere from Juco to Div 2 and 3.  A few in Div 1.

All officiating chapters all over the United States are hurting for officials.  East Texas chapter and Tyler chapters are hiring now!  Get out of the bleachers and get you some of it.  I promise you that your first game will give you an eye opening experience. 

Edited by Liberty
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

Not to mention he was out of bounds too

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Know what I’m saying?..

It’s nice when you have a bad game that you can beat someone 28-7 and their only points come on a 20% success play where your DH tripped up.  I still wish Carthage would’ve beaten them by 60

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

The Gilmer broadcast is on youtube.  I too saw the ball come out as the defender hit the ground when watching full replay of the play.  I'm not sure what rules apply here.  Does defender need to maintain possession all the way to the ground or does the ground can't cause a fumble rule apply?  I don't know.  I've also one last question,  why was Gilmer allowed to stream the game but Carthage wasn't?

Edited by DAWG91

17 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

The Gilmer broadcast is on youtube.  I too saw the ball come out as the defender hit the ground when watching full replay of the play.  I'm not sure what rules apply here.  Does defender need to maintain possession all the way to the ground or does the ground can't cause a fumble rule apply?  I don't know.  I've also one last question,  why was Gilmer allowed to stream the game but Carthage wasn't?

In this instance, he did not take 2 steps/football move, so he would have to maintain possession thru the ground.  
Stream - read on here is it was done by students with no commercials, the UIL allowed it….but they had commercials. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

In this instance, he did not take 2 steps/football move, so he would have to maintain possession thru the ground.  
Stream - read on here is it was done by students with no commercials, the UIL allowed it….but they had commercials. 

Gotcha.  Thanks.  So those,  including myself,  who said it was a pick, were wrong.  I sort of enjoyed the Gilmer broadcast.  Had several good laughs throughout.