5. Bullard (3-7) W 56-7
  6. Brownsboro (2-8) W 69-13
  7. Canton (4-6) W 49-0
  8. Rusk (6-5) W 49-0
  9. Center (8-4) W 64-28
  10. Van (6-5) W 41-15
  11. Pitt (2-9) W 42-7
  12. Van Alstyne (7-5) W 61-30

Carthage could’ve put 1,000, ok, 850 in the “points for” column and had <35 in the “points against” column if Surratt had only wanted to, but that would’ve made for a lot of people lashing out at Carthage like the Van Alstyne announcer at the end of the game Friday night.

Gilmer can probably say something similar.  The Buckeyes could’ve scored more and maybe had their opponents score less throughout the season if they’d only wanted to.

So, it’s all subjective, especially the PF and PA stats.

Even the opponents records is kind of misleading, because Carthage had to play 2-9 Pittsburg twice this season, meaning obviously two of Pitt’s losses were to Carthage, and that’s 18 losses on Carthage’s opponents record.

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage could’ve put 1,000, ok, 850 in the “points for” column and had <35 in the “points against” column if Surratt had only wanted to, but that would’ve made for a lot of people lashing out at Carthage like the Van Alstyne announcer at the end of the game Friday night.

Gilmer can probably say something similar.  The Buckeyes could’ve scored more and maybe had their opponents score less throughout the season if they’d only wanted to.

So, it’s all subjective, especially the PF and PA stats.

Even the opponents records is kind of misleading, because Carthage had to play 2-9 Pittsburg twice this season, meaning obviously two of Pitt’s losses were to Carthage, and that’s 18 losses on Carthage’s opponents record.

More often than not , Surratt usually calls off the dogs ( pun intended) . More 42-0 than 70-0. Also if backups are scoring than that a You problem. Suck it buttercup 

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

More often than not , Surratt usually calls off the dogs ( pun intended) . More 42-0 than 70-0. Also if backups are scoring than that a You problem. Suck it buttercup 

Truth.

That’s how I came up with the 850 points for theory.

You think back over the games and look at the score lines, you know Carthage pulled Cuff and others at halftime or only one series into the 3rd quarter most every game this season, equals tons of points left on the field and off the scoreboard.

However, that’s the plan every season so our backups get PT and we’re not running the score up.

That VA guy getting so mad over one TD by our backups really upsets me as much as he was upset.

He painted a picture like we never stopped scoring all game and piled on just a little bit more.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage   12-0

Points For:  610    Points Against:  132

Opponents Record:  57-73

1. Kilgore (9-3) W 45-10
  2. Pitt (2-9) W 51-22
  3. CCHS (2-7) W 41-0
  4. Marshall (6-5) W 42-0
  5. Bullard (3-7) W 56-7
  6. Brownsboro (2-8) W 69-13
  7. Canton (4-6) W 49-0
  8. Rusk (6-5) W 49-0
  9. Center (8-4) W 64-28
  10. Van (6-5) W 41-15
  11. Pitt (2-9) W 42-7
  12. Van Alstyne (7-5) W 61-30

The crazy thing is that I believe only like 21 points or so have been scored against the starting defense this year and yeah SS could have put 80-100 points a game on offense easily. Dawgs are just plain nasty this year!!!! 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

@HearEmaGrowlinI plan on being at Lobo Friday night, but do you suggest I purchase me and my wife's tickets online?

Yes sir, I suggest you do purchase online so you can eat an early supper before the game and not have to stand in line.

Our family will all purchase online, if available.

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin

4 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

The crazy thing is that I believe only like 21 points or so have been scored against the starting defense this year and yeah SS could have put 80-100 points a game on offense easily. Dawgs are just plain nasty this year!!!! 

Yep. 13 points from Brownsboro on two plays where a normally backup DB (starting in place of a corner who couldn’t go that day) apparently couldn’t find the ball in the air since he didn’t try to make a play despite being in great positioning to defend…. And 7 from Center on their very first drive. 

20 points given up in 12 games by the starting defense unit. 

Edited by mikehoncho
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Yep. 13 points from Brownsboro on two plays where the DB apparently couldn’t find the ball in the air since he didn’t try to make a play despite being in great positioning to defend…. And 7 from Center on their very first drive. 

The drive and score by Center was a great series by their offense, 100% earned.

The two Brownsboro touchdowns were extremely odd.

On both of those touchdowns when the ball was in the air I thought both were sure interceptions for our defense.  The DB on both touchdowns just let the ball sail into the receiver’s waiting arms.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Yep. 13 points from Brownsboro on two plays where a normally backup DB (starting in place of a corner who couldn’t go that day) apparently couldn’t find the ball in the air since he didn’t try to make a play despite being in great positioning to defend…. And 7 from Center on their very first drive. 

Yep brownsboro scored two times right before halftime that game lol I was shocked 😮 then center moved the ball easily the first drive and then Preston put a stop to that quick 😂😂😂😂Man I’ve enjoyed watching this team this year so much! You can see this is a completely different team than last year. They are truly having fun this year! Go Dawgs!! Keep rolling!!!

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Truth.

That’s how I came up with the 850 points for theory.

You think back over the games and look at the score lines, you know Carthage pulled Cuff and others at halftime or only one series into the 3rd quarter most every game this season, equals tons of points left on the field and off the scoreboard.

However, that’s the plan every season so our backups get PT and we’re not running the score up.

That VA guy getting so mad over one TD by our backups really upsets me as much as he was upset.

He painted a picture like we never stopped scoring all game and piled on just a little bit more.

Agree Gilmer on the other hand has lol. I don’t think that will be an issue Friday.

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Go to the 7th minute for the start of the extended highlights (commercials):

Lots of talk about Carthage posters being arrogant.  These two Gilmer announcers ooze arrogance!  It’s just miserable to listen too.  D1 players all over the field.  Degrading of the other team about half the time they speak.  Officials not calling penalties on the opposing team.  The best is at 24:38!  Really guys?  Not that Carthage needs any bulletin board material but that comment is laughable.  I pray they do a recap of the Carthage vs Gilmer game like this so we can hear all of the excuses why Carthage wins by 35+!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Lots of talk about Carthage posters being arrogant.  These two Gilmer announcers ooze arrogance!  It’s just miserable to listen too.  D1 players all over the field.  Degrading of the other team about half the time they speak.  Officials not calling penalties on the opposing team.  The best is at 24:38!  Really guys?  Not that Carthage needs any bulletin board material but that comment is laughable.  I pray they do a recap of the Carthage vs Gilmer game like this so we can hear all of the excuses why Carthage wins by 35+!

I hope you’re right about the part of your post I bolded.

We’ll see how it all shakes out, but I am betting our Bulldogs run that football very well Friday night. 
Thinking Cuff will be very efficient too.

I’m excited for this game!

Unless Gilmer can keep penalties to a minimum, and play pass defensive, and show a very good Carthage defense something different on offense, this game will not be close, I dont see anyone in Div 2 giving Carthage a challenge, with that said, we still have to play the game, and this ball aint round! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I hope you’re right about the part of your post I bolded.

We’ll see how it all shakes out, but I am betting our Bulldogs run that football very well Friday night. 
Thinking Cuff will be very efficient too.

I’m excited for this game!

I’m so thankful that Larry, Mark & Dustin don’t sound like these guys.  Don’t get me wrong they are homers, but in a very respectful and non-degrading way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTownballer said:

Unless Gilmer can keep penalties to a minimum, and play pass defensive, and show a very good Carthage defense something different on offense, this game will not be close, I dont see anyone in Div 2 giving Carthage a challenge, with that said, we still have to play the game, and this ball aint round! 

But Carthage hasn’t seen a defense like Gilmer!  😂

Just now, GTownballer said:

Carthage would rather play with the oblong ball than a round ball, we’re way better at the oblong ball sport than the orange round ball sport.

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yes sir, I suggest you do purchase online so you can eat an early supper before the game and not have to stand in line.

Our family will all purchase online, if available.

Tickets can’t be purchased online for this one.

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Gilmer Carthage 28 Gilmer 7 Final