Regional Semifinals: Cooper Bulldogs (12-0) vs Joaquin Rams (9-2) 7:00 Friday at Tyler Rose Stadium.

trueblue82

Round 3 Playoff!   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Bulldogs or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

For the first time ever, the Cooper Bulldogs and the Joaquin Rams will meet on the gridiron. The Bulldogs are coming off of back to back playoff wins over Hawkins (55-6) and Corrigan-Camden (40-14), while the Rams have defeated Jewett-Leon (61-0) and Beckville (35-14). The Bulldogs are not dissimilar from the Rams in that they are a physical, run-first football team. The pistol flexbone presents a lot of issues that can keep a defense on its heels. Speaking of, you can’t be on your heels defending the Slot-T attack of the Rams. The mammoth offensive line combined with the big play ability of the four headed monster in the backfield can give a defense fits as well. This has all the makings of a slugfest. Who gets the W and moves on to regional finals? 

6 minutes ago, Foozball said:

Legit never heard of Cooper — Joaquin stomps a mudhole, there I’m saying it. Joaquin wins in another “surprise” shellacking. 

Cooper traditionally has been a good program. You’re good at the easy part & thats the talking, I’ll give you that. We’ll see if the rams can cash the checks you write this week 😄

• LOL! 1

The Rams threw the ball more than once last night; I am proud of them.

They didn’t complete a single one and threw an interception, but also picked up a pass interference against Beckville on a deep ball.

The interception was just a good play by the DB jumping the route on a ball thrown a tad bit too late.

I really like the J quarterback and the way he plays on BOTH sides of the ball.

He’s always one of the quickest players on the field and has good instincts, especially on defense.

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

The Rams threw the ball more than once last night; I am proud of them.

They didn’t complete a single one and threw an interception, but also picked up a pass interference against Beckville on a deep ball.

The interception was just a good play by the DB jumping the route on a ball thrown a tad bit too late.

I really like the J quarterback and the way he plays on BOTH sides of the ball.

He’s always one of the quickest players on the field and has good instincts, especially on defense.

They probably call more pass plays than most people realize. A lot of the QB runs are RPOs where he just pulls it down and runs. Now, what’s better, throwing the ball into coverage or the district hurdles champion in space with the ball in his hand? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Well, he only shows up to jump on the playoff bandwagon, so…..

True and was also integral in the mega ginormous legendary Joaquin Alto thread years back, I’ve been in smoaky for a very very long time, usually a lurker — coach Jay Jones got me into it so that tells you the year 

2 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Cooper traditionally has been a good program. You’re good at the easy part & thats the talking, I’ll give you that. We’ll see if the rams can cash the checks you write this week 😄

Do y’all run the option? Please tell me I heard correctly? We are taking 2 of those pitches to the house If true. 

“Cooper traditionally has been a good program” — define good? If Cushing was up there with y’all they’d be a traditionally good team as well. 

Look around you and then look around us — we were forged in the fire old boy — Tenaha, Alto, Garrison, San Augustine, Logansport, Timpson, Waskom, Price Carlisle— come on partner, your whole town is not ready for this smoke — we see teams better than you in our district year in and year out somebody tell me I’m lying and I’ll admit I’m lying — but I’m dropping the hammer. Y’all’s skulls bout to get dragged