Regional Semifinals: Cooper Bulldogs (12-0) vs Joaquin Rams (9-2) 7:00 Friday at Tyler Rose Stadium.

trueblue82

Round 3 Playoff!   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Bulldogs or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

1 hour ago, Foozball said:

Do y’all run the option? Please tell me I heard correctly? We are taking 2 of those pitches to the house If true. 

“Cooper traditionally has been a good program” — define good? If Cushing was up there with y’all they’d be a traditionally good team as well. 

Look around you and then look around us — we were forged in the fire old boy — Tenaha, Alto, Garrison, San Augustine, Logansport, Timpson, Waskom, Price Carlisle— come on partner, your whole town is not ready for this smoke — we see teams better than you in our district year in and year out somebody tell me I’m lying and I’ll admit I’m lying — but I’m dropping the hammer. Y’all’s skulls bout to get dragged

Cooper coach is from Gunter. I believe Cooper runs something similar. If you have been to Jerry World in the last 4 years you are probably familiar with it. 

5 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Cooper traditionally has been a good program. You’re good at the easy part & thats the talking, I’ll give you that. We’ll see if the rams can cash the checks you write this week 😄

I'd say average program with some good years and some bad.

7 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Both of these schools have very similar success in the last 20 years with joaquin winning more regular season games and cooper with more overall playoff success. I think this will be a great game holding out for my score prediction for later in the week. 

Joe gonna get 28-30 points,yall gotta figure out how to get more.like I tol them wortham boys last night,defense won't win this game for you,your offense is gonna have to do it...good luck to both and stay healthy fellas ✌️

46 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

I'd say average program with some good years and some bad.

going back to the 70’s here’s Coopers combined records:

1970-79: 70-30-3

1980-89: 79-32-1

1990-99: 75-36

2000-09: 56-54

2010-19: 60-50

2020-29: 31-3 (so far)

there’s a lot more winning going on here than losing 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I digress…

Edited by Bulldognation1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bulldognation1 said:

2020-09: 31-3 (so far)

there’s a lot more winning through those years than losing 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I digress…

Preach!

Go check out our 1990-2000 record 😉 Don’t get too jealous 

23 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

2020-29: 31-3 (so far)

there’s a lot more winning going on here than losing 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I digress…

I realize this, but there's now a generation that only know Cooper as an average program.  Hopefully they're getting back to those winning ways, but you're talking about 20+ years ago since they maintained that consistency.  I'm not putting them down, just giving a reality check that for the past 2 decades they've been average as a program.  Nobody thinks of them as consistent contender over recent years.  Few if any are thinking at the start of every year, "we gotta watch out for Cooper again this year."

23 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

I realize this, but there's now a generation that only know Cooper as an average program.  Hopefully they're getting back to those winning ways, but you're talking about 20+ years ago since they maintained that consistency.  I'm not putting them down, just giving a reality check that for the past 2 decades they've been average as a program.  Nobody thinks of them as consistent contender over recent years.  Few if any are thinking at the start of every year, "we gotta watch out for Cooper again this year."

Last sentence is true —