Regional Semifinals: Cooper Bulldogs (12-0) vs Joaquin Rams (9-2) 7:00 Friday at Tyler Rose Stadium.

trueblue82

Round 3 Playoff!   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Bulldogs or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

8 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

I live like 10mins from Rose, I'll be attending this one! {Not sure who to root for or what to expect from Offenses} glgl to both though!

Smash mouth football — probably under 15 total passes on the night by both teams 😂 (not really sure how much Cooper throws it)

Joaquin the type of team to leave cleat marks up your back and drag your skull across the ground 

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Meh a rams just a bigger goat, you get the gist though still lol 

image.gifA much better representation of what your puppies will be dealing with. They’re hard-headed, strong-willed, and don’t know the meaning of the word quit. 

• Love 1
  • Wow 1

So does anyone have any interesting “football math” we can chew on to tie us over? (We all know this usually doesn’t mean a lot but is always interesting) Here’s some of my own

The one go-to connection that people are going to seems to be the Garrison Vs. Joe and Garrison Vs Timpson performances, which were then followed by CC whooping up on Garrison pretty good — then, Cooper makes a statement and Smashes CC convincingly. The “obvious” conclusion that is drawn from this football math then is — Cooper would have smashed Garrison in a meetup; thus placing them with the likes of Timpson and Joe and this is exactly where we are (I don’t mean to exclude Centerville here I just haven’t gotten to researching them yet).

It could be argued that A:) Garrison and Timpson are well known to be one of the most intense small town rivalries in East Texas, and despite the very recent success of Timpson, Garrison still sees Timpson as the punk little brother that they traditionally slap around. So a hard combative game took place on that night— explaining the close score 

While Joe and Garrison aren’t as big of a rivalry, it does still exist — the kids don’t know each other quite as well and Garrison and Joaquin have played very similar styles of football. Garrison treated Joe like little punks at first, but I think for whatever reason Joaquin earned Garrison’s respect rather quickly. It’s a different dynamic. Joaquin traveling to the Dawgs stadium made this a tough competition. But for whatever reason Garrison was unable to replicate this Vs CC. And CC’s post victory high was soon smashed by Cooper. Maybe just maybe Cooper is that good?

So looking at Cooper— no one has even come close to them. They have blasted every opponent off the gridiron in convincing fashion. Except one opponent early in the year: Hooks

Hooks boasting a 9-3 record won their district 6-0 and just recently were knocked out by Harmony by a solid margin — going further down this rabbit hole and you’ll find that Harmony was completely skull drug by none other than the Beckville Bearkats 51-29.

Based on further review, and applying my patented algorithmic formula I have concluded that Joaquin will win 84-14 — I may revise this as the week progresses 

Edited by Foozball
  • LOL! 1

27 minutes ago, Foozball said:

So does anyone have any interesting “football math” we can chew on to tie us over? (We all know this usually doesn’t mean a lot but is always interesting) Here’s some of my own

The one go-to connection that people are going to seems to be the Garrison Vs. Joe and Garrison Vs Timpson performances, which were then followed by CC whooping up on Garrison pretty good — then, Cooper makes a statement and Smashes CC convincingly. The “obvious” conclusion that is drawn from this football math then is — Cooper would have smashed Garrison in a meetup; thus placing them with the likes of Timpson and Joe and this is exactly where we are (I don’t mean to exclude Centerville here I just haven’t gotten to researching them yet).

It could be argued that A:) Garrison and Timpson are well known to be one of the most intense small town rivalries in East Texas, and despite the very recent success of Timpson, Garrison still sees Timpson as the punk little brother that they traditionally slap around. So a hard combative game took place on that night— explaining the close score 

While Joe and Garrison aren’t as big of a rivalry, it does still exist — the kids don’t know each other quite as well and Garrison and Joaquin have played very similar styles of football. Garrison treated Joe like little punks at first, but I think for whatever reason Joaquin earned Garrison’s respect rather quickly. It’s a different dynamic. Joaquin traveling to the Dawgs stadium made this a tough competition. But for whatever reason Garrison was unable to replicate this Vs CC. And CC’s post victory high was soon smashed by Cooper. Maybe just maybe Cooper is that good?

So looking at Cooper— no one has even come close to them. They have blasted every opponent off the gridiron in convincing fashion. Except one opponent early in the year: Hooks

Hooks boasting a 9-3 record won their district 6-0 and just recently were knocked out by Harmony by a solid margin — going further down this rabbit hole and you’ll find that Harmony was completely skull drug by none other than the Beckville Bearkats 51-29.

Based on further review, and applying my patented algorithmic formula I have concluded that Joaquin will win 84-14 — I may revise this as the week progresses 

You forgot to carry the one 👀...it's really six now 

I have been watching the CC/Cooper game and CC's defensive line is nowhere near what they will see out of Joaquin.  They had some size but were slow and unathletic.  Joaquin will be alot quicker and much more physical.

With that said the QB for Cooper is a great athlete and they have a few kids that can definitely run.  They don't have a Jakoby Williams or Bussey type player but definitely have some speed.   

Edited by yourteamstinks

10 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

I have been watching the CC/Cooper game and CC's defensive line is nowhere near what they will see out of Joaquin.  They had some size but were slow and unathletic.  Joaquin will be alot quicker and much more physical.

With that said the QB for Cooper is a great athlete and they have a few kids that can definitely run.  They don't have a Jakoby Williams or Bussey type player but definitely have some speed.   

I see Cooper as being a lot like us: hard working kids led by a staff that demands effort and attention to detail. I expect to see them run that offense really well. If stopping it was easy, Gunter probably wouldn’t have the hardware they do. I see this being a hard fought game. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I see Cooper as being a lot like us: hard working kids led by a staff that demands effort and attention to detail. I expect to see them run that offense really well. If stopping it was easy, Gunter probably wouldn’t have the hardware they do. I see this being a hard fought game. 

You got it. It’s gonna be a good one.

4 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Oh without a doubt. They are definitely good. I am just comparing Joaquin vs. Corrigan more at the moment.  I just don't think CC was built to play against that type of offense.  I feel like Joaquin is.  It is going to be a dogfight.