Regional Semifinals: Cooper Bulldogs (12-0) vs Joaquin Rams (9-2) 7:00 Friday at Tyler Rose Stadium.

trueblue82

Round 3 Playoff!   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Bulldogs or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

1 minute ago, yourteamstinks said:

Oh without a doubt. They are definitely good. I am just comparing Joaquin vs. Corrigan more at the moment.  I just don't think CC was built to play against that type of offense.  I feel like Joaquin is.  It is going to be a dogfight.

Honestly, I think CC and Beckville are pretty much mirror images of each other. Our offense is a lot like hitting a pole over and over with a sledgehammer. With each strike, the pole gets a little closer to breaking. With Leon, we swung the hammer twice and the pole broke. Beckville held up till late in the third quarter. Looking at the box score from the Cooper/ CC game, it looks like it went very much the same way. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Honestly, I think CC and Beckville are pretty much mirror images of each other. Our offense is a lot like hitting a pole over and over with a sledgehammer. With each strike, the pole gets a little closer to breaking. With Leon, we swung the hammer twice and the pole broke. Beckville held up till late in the third quarter. Looking at the box score from the Cooper/ CC game, it looks like it went very much the same way. 

Yea Cooper is one of those teams that will keep pounding you over & over & over until if just kills the will of teams. CC hung tough, but once those flood gates busted open, it snowballed quickly. Same with Honey Grove… they battled & kept it close for a half, but then once Cooper wore them down in the second half it turned into a rout pretty quick

4 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Make sure he knows you mean Paris Texas and not France. Geography is not in his wheelhouse. 

LOOK MAN I KNEW HE MEANT PARIS TEXAS! Paris France HAH that's where the great wall of china is! 

• LOL! 1

20 minutes ago, Lambo said:

LOOK MAN I KNEW HE MEANT PARIS TEXAS! Paris France HAH that's where the great wall of china is! 

Actually there was a all you can eat Chinese place in Paris tx years ago called Great Wall Of  China 👀

Used to get drunk in college and go eat there. Learned to speek menu there...almost Mandarin...sorta 🤷‍♂️

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

Actually there was a all you can eat Chinese place in Paris tx years ago called Great Wall Of  China 👀

Used to get drunk in college and go eat there. Learned to speek menu there...almost Mandarin...sorta 🤷‍♂️

Ole TrueBlue is playing checkers! I'm playing chess! 🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Close,just a couple thousand miles apart..what's a two day plane trip among friends 🤷‍♂️

I'm gonna be honest for you... I'm in Vernon Texas right now and I'm driving home tomorrow and that little 6 hour drive isn't worth it for even the best of friends.

1 minute ago, Lambo said:

I'm gonna be honest for you... I'm in Vernon Texas right now and I'm driving home tomorrow and that little 6 hour drive isn't worth it for even the best of friends.

Yeah I was north and west of Muenster all last week and missed our game.be running backs and forth till turkey day this week...dang..

3 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Yea Cooper is one of those teams that will keep pounding you over & over & over until if just kills the will of teams. CC hung tough, but once those flood gates busted open, it snowballed quickly. Same with Honey Grove… they battled & kept it close for a half, but then once Cooper wore them down in the second half it turned into a rout pretty quick

So basically Garrison on most years. I feel like Joaquin was forged in this style. I remember when my brother was in like the 4th grade and they were indoctrinating kids in the old double wing from an early age. At this point every man in the town between the age of 40 and 12 has grown up pounding the rock between the tackles. Hell I don’t even pass when I play Madden 

Edited by Foozball
  • LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, Foozball said:

So basically Garrison on most years. I feel like Joaquin was forged in this style. I remember when my brother was in like the 4th grade and they were indoctrinating kids in the old double wing from an early age. At this point every man in the town between the age of 40 and 12 has grown up pounding the rock between the tackles. Hell I don’t even pass when I play Madden 

You mean they have pass on madden

17 hours ago, Foozball said:

So does anyone have any interesting “football math” we can chew on to tie us over? (We all know this usually doesn’t mean a lot but is always interesting) Here’s some of my own

The one go-to connection that people are going to seems to be the Garrison Vs. Joe and Garrison Vs Timpson performances, which were then followed by CC whooping up on Garrison pretty good — then, Cooper makes a statement and Smashes CC convincingly. The “obvious” conclusion that is drawn from this football math then is — Cooper would have smashed Garrison in a meetup; thus placing them with the likes of Timpson and Joe and this is exactly where we are (I don’t mean to exclude Centerville here I just haven’t gotten to researching them yet).

It could be argued that A:) Garrison and Timpson are well known to be one of the most intense small town rivalries in East Texas, and despite the very recent success of Timpson, Garrison still sees Timpson as the punk little brother that they traditionally slap around. So a hard combative game took place on that night— explaining the close score 

While Joe and Garrison aren’t as big of a rivalry, it does still exist — the kids don’t know each other quite as well and Garrison and Joaquin have played very similar styles of football. Garrison treated Joe like little punks at first, but I think for whatever reason Joaquin earned Garrison’s respect rather quickly. It’s a different dynamic. Joaquin traveling to the Dawgs stadium made this a tough competition. But for whatever reason Garrison was unable to replicate this Vs CC. And CC’s post victory high was soon smashed by Cooper. Maybe just maybe Cooper is that good?

So looking at Cooper— no one has even come close to them. They have blasted every opponent off the gridiron in convincing fashion. Except one opponent early in the year: Hooks

Hooks boasting a 9-3 record won their district 6-0 and just recently were knocked out by Harmony by a solid margin — going further down this rabbit hole and you’ll find that Harmony was completely skull drug by none other than the Beckville Bearkats 51-29.

Based on further review, and applying my patented algorithmic formula I have concluded that Joaquin will win 84-14 — I may revise this as the week progresses 

It was a 20-14 game against CC, Till late in the 3rd... Cooper was tougher and just gassed us.. they are dangerous

As a CC fan I want Cooper to win for my own personal reasons..🤣 But I see Joe pulling it out... It's honestly a toss up though this game could go either way. Cooper won't be able to wear Joe like they did us... CC lost friday on conditioning and toughness, a lack thereof on our part, whereas Cooper was gritty and had it in them. You can pretty much chalk Cooper and Joaquin's wins friday on the same behalf. The power run wore the speed spread out and that's it. Hopefully CC can get them youngsters toughened up for battles like that, we lost 20 seniors... gonna have to be a lot of step up happen in C town for sure. Good luck to both teams! I have a ton of respect for both of yall!

On 10/6/2022 at 8:26 PM, supermaroon said:

I love the careful what you wish for line. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. And you guys are acting like Joaquin is a great powerhouse like Carthage or Aledo. They have skill I will give them that I have seen them play a few times the last few years and seen them this year. The qb is a stud but the line is soft and don't get any movement they rely on having better dudes. Running the slot-t doesn't automatically make you physical. I look forward to the challenge I love the direction the bulldogs are heading we are getting to the point were all the kids have grown up in casto system. No more influence from the last regime. Only time will tell how far we can climb. 

On 10/1/2022 at 8:20 PM, supermaroon said:

Both teams underachieving from preseason predictions. So they're not great teams to talk to. Never said Joaquin was a bad team or program just not as physical as most teams that run the slot-t. Looked at the last 20 years and they have a solid resume but still doesn't change my opinion of them.