Regional Semifinals: Cooper Bulldogs (12-0) vs Joaquin Rams (9-2) 7:00 Friday at Tyler Rose Stadium.

trueblue82

Round 3 Playoff!   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Bulldogs or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

Little side note for this game. Cooper OC was on the San Augustine staff when the Wolves went on that roll a few years back. There is some familiarity with Joaquin and their staff. Cooper's passing game has been huge this year and if they dip in that well early this week they could get Jo on their heels. In the end gunna be a slugfest but I see those Dawgs getting a statement win in the Castorena era. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

Looking at the Max Prep video posted. Joaquin was the recipient of quite a few turnovers!

If you’re speaking of the Beckville game, at least 4 of those were forced turnovers. A couple were pick-6s where the LBs read the QB based on what he had done previously and got great breaks on the ball. The fumble was a clear cut strip. Joaquin defense has created turnovers all year. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

If you’re speaking of the Beckville game, at least 4 of those were forced turnovers. A couple were pick-6s where the LBs read the QB based on what he had done previously and got great breaks on the ball. The fumble was a clear cut strip. Joaquin defense has created turnovers all year. 

It was pretty impressive. I believe this game is shaping up to be a good one.

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Turnovers part of the game. Rams did what it took to win. Very well coached team. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hawkball7 said:

Little side note for this game. Cooper OC was on the San Augustine staff when the Wolves went on that roll a few years back. There is some familiarity with Joaquin and their staff. Cooper's passing game has been huge this year and if they dip in that well early this week they could get Jo on their heels. In the end gunna be a slugfest but I see those Dawgs getting a statement win in the Castorena era. 

Pablo being in SA those years doesn’t help one bit.  He didn’t really have much to do with any game planning.  

Edited by Wolfman

On 11/21/2022 at 7:20 AM, GATA18 said:

It was a 20-14 game against CC, Till late in the 3rd... Cooper was tougher and just gassed us.. they are dangerous

Yeah it was 20 to 14 well into the 4th quarter!  But bad conditioning cost CC that game and some questionable play calling there late in the game ..

our stamina has took a hard hit over the past few years…. You and I both know what it is man

22 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yeah it was 20 to 14 well into the 4th quarter!  But bad conditioning cost CC that game and some questionable play calling there late in the game ..

our stamina has took a hard hit over the past few years…. You and I both know what it is man

All I can say is you can't run a track meet while your getting hit in the mouth... CC will be okay, I do believe conditioning and physicality will be addressed in the offseason.. It has to or your a 1-2 round team forever... The new regime under Ratliff will have total control now with this years seniors graduating, and they seem to be learning it well the longer it has set in. CC will be okay they'll have to get tough this offseason, lots of positions open with that many seniors graduating, they'll have to weed out who's got it and who don't! They'll be back my friend!

11 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Joaquin will play til the clock runs out and then some.  

After watching Cooper on film I don't think their gonna be able to take the physical beating they'll be taking for 4 quarters like they need to if they want to win. If I'm wrong I'll be here to eat crow but I just don't see it happening.

On 11/24/2022 at 2:18 AM, Lambo said:

After watching Cooper on film I don't think their gonna be able to take the physical beating they'll be taking for 4 quarters like they need to if they want to win. If I'm wrong I'll be here to eat crow but I just don't see it happening.

Last week, our defense carried us to victory. Gave up 14, but also scored two defensive touchdowns, which essentially means they shut out a team that was averaging 50+ points per game. I think this week will be the time for those big boys on the o-line to shine. Whitton, Harper, Tomasevski, Hughes (in for McDaniel) Davis, Hutchins and Baker all skipped Thanksgiving dinner so they would be hungry today. Let’s go boys. ITS TIME TO EAT! 

• Love 1

On 11/24/2022 at 2:18 AM, Lambo said:

Make sure the rams eat their wheaties this morning! 😄