Timpson 41 Centerville 14 Final

Cowboynation

Timpson vs. Centerville   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

13 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I ain't got a horse in this race ......just correcting erroneous statements .......Mart would beat Timpson.....Crawford would be the debatable one ......

You chose Cooper and Centerville to win didn't you? Cool, maybe your judgment call on who is the better team isn't the soundest. 

• LOL! 1

Just now, Foozball said:

You chose Cooper and Centerville to win didn't you? Cool, maybe your judgment call on who is the better team isn't the soundest. 

That's why they call me the kiss of death......😂🤣.....if you'd take the time to know who you were responding to you wouldn't have wasted time even commenting......🤣😂🤣😂

• LOL! 1

Timpson had a couple rough games and suddenly everyone is off the bandwagon. Did they lose to Joaquin? Nope, sure didn't. 
I will agree that a tough running team is probably the method to try and beat Timpson, but it's also the way to lose by 30. Couple takeaways and they hit you quick and next thing you know you're down by a couple scores. Then you don't have the offense to play catch up.

The big guys are important, but at this level a few star athletes can carry a team.

I'm riding with the Bears all the way.

• Thanks 2

On 11/20/2022 at 9:13 PM, upullinmychain said:

You aight? Sounds like you fell and hit your head? Yalls secondary is sus and won't be able to cover their recievers all night so yall gonna have to drop more into coverage and then Bussey gon take off..either one of those is bad for the Tigers.

Now I truly believe Centerville will slow drive and eat clock and score,but not enough to win.

That's why this is such a great matchup!!!  Everyone has their own opinions, and I'm not taking a thing away from Timpson.  I just feel they are not as deep as they were last year and Centerville is much deeper than last year.  The score was 14-13 at half and Timpson pulled away in the second half.  If Centerville does not turn the ball over, I think their depth will be enough to endure the second half and win the game.  If I'm wrong, won't be the first time.....lol

1 minute ago, Underfront said:

That's why this is such a great matchup!!!  Everyone has their own opinions, and I'm not taking a thing away from Timpson.  I just feel they are not as deep as they were last year and Centerville is much deeper than last year.  The score was 14-13 at half and Timpson pulled away in the second half.  If Centerville does not turn the ball over, I think their depth will be enough to endure the second half and win the game.  If I'm wrong, won't be the first time.....lol

Well I guess the proof,one way or another will show up on the field Friday 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

To me this will be both teams toughest match up so far. Timpson on paper has the advantage, but I have seen that same thing many times against Centerville. The team with the better athletes and higher power offense comes in and ends up on the losing end of a great ball game. Centerville knows what they are and executes their processes with precision.  I am torn on this one but I feel it will be one of those late forth quarter / last possession games.  Timpson should win but I think Centerville pulls off the upset late. 

Centerville has seen Mart and Crawford. Timpson has seen Daingerfield and Waskom. I don't see a blow out either way

Edited by lionpride08

13 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Yes, they are fast...... I don't believe Bussey will have very much success, rolling out and scrambling, they will make Timpson pay doing that. And DB's play very good technical football very good at covering routes. This is gonna be Timpson's toughest game thus far, bank on that.

Bussey and company  ran wild against Daingerfield scrambling all over the field the entire game ... and I can guarantee you Centerville has nowhere near the team speed or contain ability of Daingerfield or Jefferson .... You are delusional if you think Timpson isn't going to do the same thing against Centerville  ....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Bussey and company  ran wild against Daingerfield scrambling all over the field the entire game ... and I can guarantee you Centerville has nowhere near the team speed or contain ability of Daingerfield or Jefferson .... You are delusional if you think Timpson isn't going to do the same thing against Centerville  ....

Athletes vs athletes is totally different then playing against teams that play assignment defense and smash mouth football. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Centerville will mash the QB scramble, I promise you. And they contained Jefferson? Jefferson is faster than Timpson and Cville held them to what 28? I see Timpson getting less than that. And I don't see Timpsons sub par front 7 being able to create much disruption in Cville's backfield and if they can't do that, It's gonna be a long night... I thought the same thing going into the CC/Centerville game we had way more team speed and athleticism, and they just straight up stomped a mudhole in us, Timpson is better than us yes, but a very similar style of play... 

In my opinion Centerville is a 2nd tier 2AD1 team.  They muddle through several rounds of the playoffs beating mediocre teams, but when they compete against one of that year's true upper tier teams like Timpson is this year, they get pounded pretty good.  I think Timpson wins this one by 25-30, but I'd be fine being proven wrong.  It's always nice to see new blood at the top, but Timpson seems to be the one that can best represent the region this year.

6 hours ago, bigtank05 said:

Athletes vs athletes is totally different then playing against teams that play assignment defense and smash mouth football. 

Ok Tony Romo ... you will find out soon enough .... whoever has the assignment to contain Bussey is in deep doo doo ....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GATA18 said:

Centerville will mash the QB scramble, I promise you. And they contained Jefferson? Jefferson is faster than Timpson and Cville held them to what 28? I see Timpson getting less than that. And I don't see Timpsons sub par front 7 being able to create much disruption in Cville's backfield and if they can't do that, It's gonna be a long night... I thought the same thing going into the CC/Centerville game we had way more team speed and athleticism, and they just straight up stomped a mudhole in us, Timpson is better than us yes, but a very similar style of play... 

Comparing your team to Timpson is like comparing a VW beetle 🪲 to a Lamborghini  .... 😂

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

In my opinion Centerville is a 2nd tier 2AD1 team.  They muddle through several rounds of the playoffs beating mediocre teams, but when they compete against one of that year's true upper tier teams like Timpson is this year, they get pounded pretty good.  I think Timpson wins this one by 25-30, but I'd be fine being proven wrong.  It's always nice to see new blood at the top, but Timpson seems to be the one that can best represent the region this year.

Centerville is probably the best 2a football program to never win a state title. They are always making consistent 3-4 round runs. They are ALWAYS in the mix year in and year out. And if they do lose it sure aint gonna be by no 25-30.

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

Timpson if anybody is definitely the new blood, Centerville is the old dog... 

Just now, iRockNewbzz said:

But that's the thing then: CV doesn't know how to get over that illusive hump and get past the 3/4 rounds, why would it change this year?

Simple, this Centerville team is a better team than recent years, and I'm not so sure you can say the same for Timpson.. Yall act like I'm saying that Cville is gonna blow em out, obviously that aint the case, there isn't anybody in 2a that could do that honestly. All i'm saying is Centerville is gonna give em their best game yet, and either team could very easily slip up and get beat in a game that is gonna be as tight as this one.

Just now, iRockNewbzz said:

Naw I gotcha Gata, just simply having cordial Convo ;)

Yea I gotcha man.. I feel like Cville is looking at this matchup like their punk little cousin or something hit em with a hard sucker punch last year, and they are coming back for blood now! 

• Crawford changed the title to Timpson 41 Centerville 14 Final