Timpson 41 Centerville 14 Final

Cowboynation

Timpson vs. Centerville   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

There is no comparison ....

They both run a spread style offense centered around their best athletes, neither block very physical, or have a stud O line, both have good receiver talent of course CC has nobody on Bussey's level but you can compare the two. What there truly is no comparison to is the amount of violence Cville is gonna bring into this game. The bears may go into shell shockšŸ‘€

5 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

They both run a spread style offense centered around their best athletes, neither block very physical, or have a stud O line, both have good receiver talent of course CC has nobody on Bussey's level but you can compare the two. What there truly is no comparison to is the amount of violence Cville is gonna bring into this game. The bears may go into shell shockšŸ‘€

Your comparison is laughable .... Cv will get big played to death and be playing catch up with an offense not suited for that ....

15 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Your comparison is laughable .... Cv will get big played to death and be playing catch up with an offense not suited for that ....

Don't believe this will be the case... They didin't get big played to death by Mart or Jefferson... Mart is a better overall team than Timpson, Jefferson is just as fast and athletic.. they also only lost a two score game to Crawford who is gonna be in the state championship game on the other side of the bracket.. Cville is battle tested.. Now on the contrary there isn't anybody in 2a that can win in a shootout against the bears... We've seen how that has went ex:Jefferson,Beckville,Daingerfield,Harmony etc. BUT what have the Bears struggled with..? The ground n pound! That's my whole point is it's all about matchups. Of course Timpson has way more firepower than Cville, but it's what Cville brings to the table as far as their style of play that's gonna have them in this thing!

• Love 2

3 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Centerville will mash the QB scramble, I promise you. And they contained Jefferson? Jefferson is faster than Timpson and Cville held them to what 28? I see Timpson getting less than that. And I don't see Timpsons sub par front 7 being able to create much disruption in Cville's backfield and if they can't do that, It's gonna be a long night... I thought the same thing going into the CC/Centerville game we had way more team speed and athleticism, and they just straight up stomped a mudhole in us, Timpson is better than us yes, but a very similar style of play...Ā 

yā€™all are no where close to Timpson in talent. Ā FactĀ 

Edited by Bear9T1

3 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Centerville will mash the QB scramble, I promise you. And they contained Jefferson? Jefferson is faster than Timpson and Cville held them to what 28? I see Timpson getting less than that. And I don't see Timpsons sub par front 7 being able to create much disruption in Cville's backfield and if they can't do that, It's gonna be a long night... I thought the same thing going into the CC/Centerville game we had way more team speed and athleticism, and they just straight up stomped a mudhole in us, Timpson is better than us yes, but a very similar style of play...Ā 

Apparently you've never seen Timpson play. Zero chance Jefferson has better team speed. Corgan and Timpson are 2 totally different animals. Not being disrespectful but timpson would hang 40 on Corgan by the half.Ā  Centerville is good but will be bouncing balls Saturday morning.Ā  Terry Bussey is the best athlete in East Texas.Ā 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Don't believe this will be the case... They didin't get big played to death by Mart or Jefferson... Mart is a better overall team than Timpson, Jefferson is just as fast and athletic.. they also only lost a two score game to Crawford who is gonna be in the state championship game on the other side of the bracket.. Cville is battle tested.. Now on the contrary there isn't anybody in 2a that can win in a shootout against the bears... We've seen how that has went ex:Jefferson,Beckville,Daingerfield,Harmony etc. BUT what have the Bears struggled with..? The ground n pound! That's my whole point is it's all about matchups. Of course Timpson has way more firepower than Cville, but it's what Cville brings to the table as far as their style of play that's gonna have them in this thing!

Big facts. This right here is talking football. Centerville running back us 6-2 215 kid that runs down hill.Ā  All athletic team's head coaches and people that really understand football know, that those ground and pound teams changes the narrative of the game. Mart didn't put centeville away. 2 turnovers on downs inside the 10, 1 td called back. Dog fight the rest of the game. Timpso or whoever road to the title game is ruffĀ  the next 3 weeks.Ā 

• Like 1

I see mostly people that their teams are now playing basketball talking the most BS lol ā€¦. Yes, Centerville is solid no doubt but Timpson will rollā€¦. And the part about Jefferson having more team speed than Timpson might be the funniest thing Iā€™ve heard so far šŸ˜‚

20 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

I see mostly people that their teams are now playing basketball talking the most BS lol ā€¦. Yes, Centerville is solid no doubt but Timpson will rollā€¦. And the part about Jefferson having more team speed than Timpson might be the funniest thing Iā€™ve heard so far šŸ˜‚

Isn't Daingerfields QB committed to Texas? Didn't Timpson beat the tigers? You have 1 close game all year and suddenly the Bears can't play defense and Terry B will be contained.Ā  Just silly thinkingĀ 

2 hours ago, GATA18 said:

You are as full ofĀ :poop: as a Christmas turkey .... Timpson would probably beat anybody in 3A with the possible exception of Newton .... I don't think Mart or Crawford could hang with them .... your delusional self will find out soon ..... nothing either you nor I say between now and then is going to change that .... Timpson has already beaten teams better than Centerville has played unsuccessfully ....

I never said CC had Timpson caliber athletes, of course yall are putting that in my mouth. For two @Cat51993Timpson has played two close games, I know yall all want to pretend the Garrison game, didint happen but it did. Decent at best Garrison gave the Timpson Bears all they wanted and that's a fact no matter how you look at it. AND I will go out on a limb and say if Joaquin didint throw that pick on that deep drive, they probably win that game. But all of that is neither here nor there, what im saying is Timpson is a stout team, and I am not discrediting them whatsoever, and agreed they have the best athlete in East Texas small school ball hands down, quite possibly all school ball. BUT they are not unbeatable like some of you think for some odd reason. And the Centerville Tigers are going to give them all they want, Timpson is gonna have to dig deep and play all out ball to beat these guys, AND CENTERVILLE is going to have to do the exact same in return to win. And @KirtFalconĀ fyi Newton would roll Timpson, just like they are gonna obliterate DF this week. Mart and Timpson would be a close game, and probably Crawford too.. And I say Canadian,Gunter,Brock,Franklin, and a few others could beat them as well. But that is irrelevant because those matchups aren't going to happen. What IS going to happen is one heck of a ballgame between these two guys this week. Sleep on Cville and see what happens.. I wouldnt recommend it though jsšŸ‘€

• Like 1
  • Crybaby 1

32 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

I never said CC had Timpson caliber athletes, of course yall are putting that in my mouth. For two @Cat51993Timpson has played two close games, I know yall all want to pretend the Garrison game, didint happen but it did. Decent at best Garrison gave the Timpson Bears all they wanted and that's a fact no matter how you look at it. AND I will go out on a limb and say if Joaquin didint throw that pick on that deep drive, they probably win that game. But all of that is neither here nor there, what im saying is Timpson is a stout team, and I am not discrediting them whatsoever, and agreed they have the best athlete in East Texas small school ball hands down, quite possibly all school ball. BUT they are not unbeatable like some of you think for some odd reason. And the Centerville Tigers are going to give them all they want, Timpson is gonna have to dig deep and play all out ball to beat these guys, AND CENTERVILLE is going to have to do the exact same in return to win. And @KirtFalconĀ fyi Newton would roll Timpson, just like they are gonna obliterate DF this week. Mart and Timpson would be a close game, and probably Crawford too.. And I say Canadian,Gunter,Brock,Franklin, and a few others could beat them as well. But that is irrelevant because those matchups aren't going to happen. What IS going to happen is one heck of a ballgame between these two guys this week. Sleep on Cville and see what happens.. I wouldnt recommend it though jsšŸ‘€

See you Friday. After the game come see me. I'll be by the flaming J. If I'm wrong and Centerville wins I'll buy you a Turkey šŸ— . But when the Bears win you buy me a ticket to next week's game between TimpsonĀ  and Joaquin.Ā Ā 

4 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

See you Friday. After the game come see me. I'll be by the flaming J. If I'm wrong and Centerville wins I'll buy you a Turkey šŸ— . But when the Bears win you buy me a ticket to next week's game between TimpsonĀ  and Joaquin.Ā Ā 

I ain't making no bets, I ain't even one time on this thread said that Centerville WILL win. All I have said is that they will not go down easy, and it will not be a route via Timpson or Centerville either at all. It will be a hard fought victory for either team. Typically when people are quick to deny the success of a good team they are facing it is because they deep down fear them... Not saying that's the case butšŸ‘€Ā Anyways I wish both squads the best of luck they are both legit as is everyone that has made it this far into the dance. GATA outāœŒļø

3 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

Isn't Daingerfields QB committed to Texas? Didn't Timpson beat the tigers? You have 1 close game all year and suddenly the Bears can't play defense and Terry B will be contained.Ā  Just silly thinkingĀ 

Weā€™ll see in 80 hours roughlyā€¦ might go see this game!

Someone stated that if Timpson played CC, they would hang 40 on them by halftimeā€¦. Well Centerville did play CC and hung 35 on them by halftime while pitching a shutout.

Ā 

Hereā€™s the deal with this game. Itā€™s going to go one of 2 ways. Timpson is either going to stop Centerville and get up a few scores or theyā€™re not. If they donā€™t, this game can go either way and the team who wins the turnover battle wins the game.Ā 
Ā 

Nobody that is actually from Centerville denies how good Timpson is. They respect the Bears. I have a feeling that when the clock hits 0 Friday night, win or lose, Timpson will feel the same about the Tigers.Ā 
Ā 

These boys in Centerville HIT.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, CvilleTigers said:

Someone stated that if Timpson played CC, they would hang 40 on them by halftimeā€¦. Well Centerville did play CC and hung 35 on them by halftime while pitching a shutout.

Ā 

Hereā€™s the deal with this game. Itā€™s going to go one of 2 ways. Timpson is either going to stop Centerville and get up a few scores or theyā€™re not. If they donā€™t, this game can go either way and the team who wins the turnover battle wins the game.Ā 
Ā 

Nobody that is actually from Centerville denies how good Timpson is. They respect the Bears. I have a feeling that when the clock hits 0 Friday night, win or lose, Timpson will feel the same about the Tigers.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

58 minutes ago, CvilleTigers said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Completely agree! Ā Nobody is taking a thing away from Bussey or Timpson. Ā 
Mark this post for viewing Saturday morningā€¦.

The Tigers are very motivated and will physically whip the Bears on both sides of the ball. Ā You will see what I mean at 7:00 p.m. Friday night. Ā Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CvilleTigers said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I have no dog in this fight but wanted to say that this is one of the best first posts I've seen!Ā  Welcome to Smoaky.com CvilleTigers.....Ā  we hope you stick around and enjoy the forums!!

• Thanks 1

Beating CC isnā€™t nothing to really brag about this year.. Ā  Ā program hasnā€™t been the same since coach Armstrong left before the 2020 season started

the spread offense just isnā€™t for us.. Ā we should have never left the wing T!

whatever is goin on in the program is hurting CC bad ā€¦. We canā€™t even play 4 full quarters without getting worn outā€¦. Ā  We used to wear teams down in the 4th quarter! Ā Now the tables have turned.. Ā as a fan I hope it changes for the good! Ā 
Ā 

as for the timpson and centerville game.. Ā it should be a good one.. Ā good luck to both teams! Ā Iā€™ll mostly be at this one to watch

I smell some hurt feelings coming this way... If Timpson wins this game they'll have to beat another very physical team next week... And then they'll have to beat Refugio or Shiner most likely. Timpson doesn't do well with physicality. I still expect Timpson to probably pull it out this week but at some point those big boys gotta stop relying on Terry and the skill guys to bail them out.

9 hours ago, Lambo said:

I smell some hurt feelings coming this way... If Timpson wins this game they'll have to beat another very physical team next week... And then they'll have to beat Refugio or Shiner most likely. Timpson doesn't do well with physicality. I still expect Timpson to probably pull it out this week but at some point those big boys gotta stop relying on Terry and the skill guys to bail them out.

I honestly don't see anyone in R3 being able to beat Refugio or Shiner...

Look Timpson will win state the next 2years I donā€™t understand why Yall want face the fact instead of saying Joaquin this centerville Ā this they both canā€™t play with Timpson wake up and stop ray dreaming I guarantee you both of them would winless with timpson preseason schedule Ā 

9 minutes ago, Cowboynation said:

Look Timpson will win state the next 2years I donā€™t understand why Yall want face the fact instead of saying Joaquin this centerville Ā this they both canā€™t play with Timpson wake up and stop ray dreaming I guarantee you both of them would winless with timpson preseason schedule Ā 

But we played Jefferson and won? šŸ¤”

• Crawford changed the title to Timpson 41 Centerville 14 Final