Timpson 41 Centerville 14 Final

Cowboynation

Timpson vs. Centerville   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Cowboynation said:

Look Timpson will win state the next 2years I don’t understand why Yall want face the fact instead of saying Joaquin this centerville  this they both can’t play with Timpson wake up and stop ray dreaming I guarantee you both of them would winless with timpson preseason schedule  

I believe I have heard that same statement the last two seasons as well. Regardless of who wins this great game, Refugio will be waiting to jackslap whoever comes out of R3. R3 is tougher overall, but R4 has the all time powerhouses... 

• Roll Eyes 1

12 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

I believe I have heard that same statement the last two seasons as well. Regardless of who wins this great game, Refugio will be waiting to jackslap whoever comes out of R3. R3 is tougher overall, but R4 has the all time powerhouses... 

you’re a bitter soul lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

you’re a bitter soul lol 

No sir I'm not lol I would love to see R3 back in jerry world, im East Texas through and through! Refugio and Shiner have just donkey stomped so many "state title teams" in the 5th round it ain't even funny... Refugio is the all time winningest 2a school in Texas history. And they are as tough and loaded as they always are this year, and there just isn't anything in R3 that makes me think we are for sure gonna get back to dallas. Could it happen? Yes it very well could, however I just don't see it being very likely. Nonetheless that isnt what this game here is about. There are no blowouts, no gimmes, no walkthroughs left out there anymore and EVERYBODY has to play 4 quarters and with all they got to stay out of the gym now. I really don't understand why you guys think Timpson will run away with this. Even if they do win it will be in a close one, that's the only point I'm trying to make is Centerville will be in this thing, and CAN win. The Timpson bandwagon sure is loaded back up over there very impressive wins over Groveton, and Frankston... smh I have a ton of respect for yall but you need to open your eyes a little bit wider to these guys or you can go ahead and schedule your holiday basketball tournaments that's all im saying, yall need to take these tigers serious.

• Love 1

I believe they are taking us serious. At least the team will be. Fans will be fans. 

Timpson absolutely has the firepower to put the game away early. However, if that happens it won’t be because of the skill positions. It will be due to the OL and DL dominating Centerville at the LOS. 

I would like to point out that Timpson is not the first team in 2A history to have D1 caliber athletes on their team like some act. It also won’t be the first time Centerville has ever been on the field with a team that deploys athletes of this caliber. 

Timpson wins a lot of games before it starts due to fear. This won’t be the case Friday. Centerville does not fear them and will hit them square in the mouth if Timpson isn’t ready for a dogfight. 

I expect Timpson to win, but will not be shocked if Centerville pulls the upset. We are a lot better than most want to believe. 

• Love 1

On 11/21/2022 at 10:17 PM, lionpride08 said:

Centerville has seen Mart and Crawford. Timpson has seen Daingerfield and Waskom. I don't see a blow out either way

Haven’t seen Centerville since 2012 against Hughes Springs.  They were plenty violent then.  And Timpson’s biggest weakness is having a big line smash straight at them.  But, nobody has played well enough yet to beat them yet.  They beat DF,Joaquin and Waskom.  I will bet on them to keep playing this year.

36 minutes ago, CvilleTigers said:

I believe they are taking us serious. At least the team will be. Fans will be fans. 

Timpson absolutely has the firepower to put the game away early. However, if that happens it won’t be because of the skill positions. It will be due to the OL and DL dominating Centerville at the LOS. 

I would like to point out that Timpson is not the first team in 2A history to have D1 caliber athletes on their team like some act. It also won’t be the first time Centerville has ever been on the field with a team that deploys athletes of this caliber. 

Timpson wins a lot of games before it starts due to fear. This won’t be the case Friday. Centerville does not fear them and will hit them square in the mouth if Timpson isn’t ready for a dogfight. 

I expect Timpson to win, but will not be shocked if Centerville pulls the upset. We are a lot better than most want to believe. 

I believe yalls O line will dominate. You guys are the definition of old school mean blocking. Cut the big guys down and hit everybody else square in the jaw. My kind of football for sure. I believe Timpson's weapons is what's gonna have them in it. And you are correct fans will be fans..

6 minutes ago, Ringside said:

Haven’t seen Centerville since 2012 against Hughes Springs.  They were plenty violent then.  And Timpson’s biggest weakness is having a big line smash straight at them.  But, nobody has played well enough yet to beat them yet.  They beat DF,Joaquin and Waskom.  I will bet on them to keep playing this year.

They are every bit as violent now! CC has battled them year in and out for a while we know all about it! It'll be a good one!

1 hour ago, Cowboynation said:

Centerville offense gonna hurt themselves. All the pressure is on them they can’t go 3 n out two possessions in a row and expect to pull off a miracle good luck trying to stop Howard garner and bussey o and yea Bruton Washington to many weapons to name truth hurts 

I agree with you here 100%. The tigers will have to force a couple of turnovers as well. 

look, I’m not on here guaranteeing a win by any means. Both teams are very good at the other’s weakness. In my opinion, it’s what makes this game such an intriguing matchup. Win or lose, I expect this to be a good game. If Timpson proves to be too much for us, then I’ll be pulling for the bears the rest of the way so we can at least bring the trophy back to region 3.

let’s enjoy watching kids play a game at a high level, hopefully injury free on Friday night. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CvilleTigers said:

I agree with you here 100%. The tigers will have to force a couple of turnovers as well. 

look, I’m not on here guaranteeing a win by any means. Both teams are very good at the other’s weakness. In my opinion, it’s what makes this game such an intriguing matchup. Win or lose, I expect this to be a good game. If Timpson proves to be too much for us, then I’ll be pulling for the bears the rest of the way so we can at least bring the trophy back to region 3.

let’s enjoy watching kids play a game at a high level, hopefully injury free on Friday night. 

Centerville beat us 20-10 in a war of a game in 2017. Very well coached, disciplined and physical football team. They have the tools to take Timpson to the wire. 

3 hours ago, Cowboynation said:

One more thing centerville has to choose if they wanna kick deep or onside kick every time trying to keep away from bussey 

Unbelievably, Garrison kicked deep to him twice  .... dumb mistake ..... he ran one back for a TD and returned the other one deep into Garrison territory .... what were they thinking? ..... you are asking for a highlight reel play, if you kick it to him .....

5 hours ago, Cowboynation said:

One more thing centerville has to choose if they wanna kick deep or onside kick every time trying to keep away from bussey 

They will probably elect to pooch kick and try to force a fair catch around the 35 yard line by one of the up backs. 

On 11/22/2022 at 8:05 AM, GATA18 said:

Centerville is probably the best 2a football program to never win a state title. They are always making consistent 3-4 round runs. They are ALWAYS in the mix year in and year out. And if they do lose it sure aint gonna be by no 25-30.

That's a major stretch I think very few would agree with.  I never think of Centerville when I think of top 2a programs. And always in the mix?  Just making the playoffs and going several rounds doesn't mean "in the mix" for as a top tier program, it just means they've made it through the weaker programs in the early rounds.  They were put out of playoffs last year by Timpson by 35 points.  Every other year they've come up against a top tier team, they've been easily handled, see below.  Years not listed they were put out by an average team that subsequently was pounded by a true contender.  Maybe they will change it this year, but I have to see it to believe it.  I'll give them kudos if they do, but until then I'm not a believer.

2017 by San Augustine by 36.

2016 by Refugio by 24

2014 by Mason by 20

Edited by Everide2016

On 11/22/2022 at 8:08 AM, GATA18 said:

Timpson if anybody is definitely the new blood, Centerville is the old dog... 

But Centerville has never been top tier contention, they always get pounded when they come up against this.  Timpson may be new blood, but they've represented much better against top tier than Centerville ever did, regardless of their "old dog" status.

Try this,lay the football flat on the ground,laces towards the kicker and kick the piz out of it.Its called a watermelon kick and it does crazy things,if you keep it low ain't no front line dude catching it..I kicked them like that in high school and we got 30-40 percent back on deflection shots and if it carrys high,up backs have nightmares trying to field it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

That's a major stretch I think very few would agree with.  I never think of Centerville when I think of top 2a programs. And always in the mix?  Just making the playoffs and going several rounds doesn't mean "in the mix" for as a top tier program, it just means they've made it through the weaker programs in the early rounds.  They were put out of playoffs last year by Timpson by 35 points.  Every other year they've come up against a top tier team, they've been easily handled, see below.  Years not listed they were put out by an average team that subsequently was pounded by a true contender.  Maybe they will change it this year, but I have to see it to believe it.  I'll give them kudos if they do, but until then I'm not a believer.

2017 by San Augustine by 36.

2016 by Refugio by 24

2014 by Mason by 20

Lol

31 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

But Centerville has never been top tier contention, they always get pounded when they come up against this.  Timpson may be new blood, but they've represented much better against top tier than Centerville ever did, regardless of their "old dog" status.

Lol X2

• Crawford changed the title to Timpson 41 Centerville 14 Final