Timpson 41 Centerville 14 Final

Cowboynation

Timpson vs. Centerville   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, CvilleTigers said:

The Quan Cosby Mart team is the best team I’ve ever seen. The mart team when I was in school that ran out Damien Davis was also loaded. When it comes to best collection of talent at this level, the list begins with Mart. 

Edit to add - People older than me always say the Rodney Thomas Groveton teams are the best top to bottom of all time. 

But this group in Timpson is certainly special. 

I made a special trip to watch Rodney Thomas, and he didn’t disappoint! He was a stud. I personally feel Terry is right there with him and McCollister. I didn’t think I’d ever see another in person on Chavis’ level, but I think Terry is right there. 

30 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I made a special trip to watch Rodney Thomas, and he didn’t disappoint! He was a stud. I personally feel Terry is right there with him and McCollister. I didn’t think I’d ever see another in person on Chavis’ level, but I think Terry is right there. 

The only person I've ever seen that compares to Terry is Tarlandus Mitchell

41 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

We was very loaded in 02!  88 and 97 were awesome years ..  2013 as well! 

Funny thing. My brother in law played against that 02 team and was actually talking about trying to tackle Foreman today. Said it was like hitting a robot made of steel. Great team. Ran 3 plays and nobody could stop it. 

Edited by CvilleTigers

5 minutes ago, CvilleTigers said:

Funny thing. My brother in law played against that 02 team and was actually talking about trying to tackle Foreman today. Said it was like hitting a robot made of steel. Great team.

Yes sir!  We had 3 foreman’s on that 02 team,   Eric .. Lovell and David!  Eric was our QB and Lovell and David were running backs ..   Lovell was one of the top 3 fastest backs we’ve ever had! 
that 02 centerville team was tough as Nails!  We played y’all in centerville that night!  Centerville ended up playing rosebud - Lott that year if I remember right

Edited by corrigancamden09

3 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes sir!  We had 3 foreman’s on that 02 team,   Eric .. Lovell and David!  Eric was our QB and Lovell and David were running backs ..   Lovell was one of the top 3 fastest backs we’ve ever had! 
that 02 centerville team was tough as Nails!  We played y’all in centerville that night!  Centerville ended up playing rosebud - Lott that year if I remember right

Yep. I was at both of those games. We played RL at Kyle field. You can actually find those games on YouTube. 

14 minutes ago, CvilleTigers said:

Yep. I was at both of those games. We played RL at Kyle field. You can actually find those games on YouTube. 

Yes sir!

we were actually picked to get knocked out in the first round that year ..  because we drew the #1 state ranked Mcgregor bulldogs that first round..  lol 

We beat the odds that year !We was sorta like a sleeper team that year that showed up and hit some tough teams in the mouth !
we beat some quality teams to win state ..

#1 Mcgregor..   hooks and odem were both ranked as well but I can’t remember what ..  and bangs was ranked like 2nd or 3rd ..  they had one of the best running backs in the state that year and CC shut him down 

I sure miss those days man….

Edited by corrigancamden09

21 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes sir!

we were actually picked to get knocked out in the first round that year ..  because we drew the #1 state ranked Mcgregor bulldogs that first round..  lol 

We beat the odds that year !We was sorta like a sleeper team that year that showed up and hit some tough teams in the mouth !
we beat some quality teams to win state ..

#1 Mcgregor..   hooks and odem were both ranked as well but I can’t remember what ..  and bangs was ranked like 2nd or 3rd ..  they had one of the best running backs in the state that year and CC shut him down 

I sure miss those days man….

Haha my brother in law was the center/LB on the only team to beat them that year. 

Actually that may have been the following year. 

Edited by CvilleTigers

1 minute ago, CvilleTigers said:

No. Leon. I think that was 03 though. 

Yeah that was 03 when Leon beat us in district 27 to 21 

hemphill was the only team to beat us in 02 but we got them back in the playoffs..

San Augustine was the only thing keeping us from goin back to back in 03….   They beat us out in the 2nd round by a touchdown and went on to win state 

This one will be decided in the trenches! 907

Have you ever noticed… the guys that trash other teams and programs, but swear they are just supporting their team…. Are the ones that once they lose, will trash their OWN COACHES or blame the OFFICIATING! Interesting connection… 907

2365F2F7-1D5D-46A3-82D9-4718D210465C.jpeg

Edited by 893Record

• Crawford changed the title to Timpson 41 Centerville 14 Final