Timpson 41 Centerville 14 Final

Cowboynation

Timpson vs. Centerville   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

But Centerville has never been top tier contention, they always get pounded when they come up against this.  Timpson may be new blood, but they've represented much better against top tier than Centerville ever did, regardless of their "old dog" status.

You funny.

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Try this,lay the football flat on the ground,laces towards the kicker and kick the piz out of it.Its called a watermelon kick and it does crazy things,if you keep it low ain't no front line dude catching it..I kicked them like that in high school and we got 30-40 percent back on deflection shots and if it carrys high,up backs have nightmares trying to field it.

Don't kick it deep. Why not keep it out of his hands in the open field. It doesn't matter where Bussy starts with the ball. It can go yard at anytime. That's just a high percentage score for him. He's best when they are spreadout.

Man... I'm not sure why so many people are so sure about this. Y'all should have witnessed that game in Joaquin about a month back. Centerville CAN win this game people. Don't be shocked if they do. I expect Timpson to be able to pull it out but in no way do I think this game is going to be easy for the Bears. You're hearing it here first.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

Don't kick it deep. Why not keep it out of his hands in the open field. It doesn't matter where Bussy starts with the ball. It can go yard at anytime. That's just a high percentage score for him. He's best when they are spreadout.

The fewer times Bussey handles the ball in the open field, the better the opponent's chances ... he is one of the most dangerous high school players I have ever seen when he gets in space .... he looks like like he's in the movie The Matrix and everyone around him is in super slow motion ...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

I know truth can be painful.  Tomorrow is their chance to show who they truly are.  I wish them the best.

It’s funny that people from Timpson have a talent like Bussey step onto campus and all of a sudden they are some power in football. No. You’re a flash in the pan. You’re 0-13 against Tenaha in your last 13 games. You’re not even the best program in a 50 mile radius of your town. Garrison has better history than Timpson does. 

oh and last I checked, losing is losing. Just because Timpson played Shiner close last year doesn’t make them any closer than we have been to winning a title in the last 10 years. 

Edited by CvilleTigers

7 minutes ago, CvilleTigers said:

It’s funny that people from Timpson have a talent like Bussey step onto campus and all of a sudden they are some power in football. No. You’re a flash in the pan. You’re 0-13 against Tenaha in your last 13 games. You’re not even the best program in a 50 mile radius of your town. Garrison has better history than Timpson does. 

I will agree with you about some of the Timpson fans being bandwagon jumpers, although there are others that are good friends of mine and are knowledgeable football fans. But the turning point in that program was in the 2016-17 offseason when they hired Coach Therwanger. They went to the AA D2 regional finals in year one, moved up to D1 in 2018 and were eliminated in round 1 by a very good San Augustine team, and have been getting better ever since. Yes, Terry Bussey is a generational player, but Timpson will continue to be a powerhouse as long as Coach T is there. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

I will agree with you about some of the Timpson fans being bandwagon jumpers, although there are others that are good friends of mine and are knowledgeable football fans. But the turning point in that program was in the 2016-17 offseason when they hired Coach Therwanger. They went to the AA D2 regional finals in year one, moved up to D1 in 2018 and were eliminated in round 1 by a very good San Augustine team, and have been getting better ever since. Yes, Terry Bussey is a generational player, but Timpson will continue to be a powerhouse as long as Coach T is there. 

Yeah coach t did wonders when he was at Lovelady too...good coach for sure.

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

For sure. I’ve had good football discussions with Timpson fans. I’m not saying they are all arrogant or anything. There are a select few of them that are on every website known to man acting like football was invented 2 years ago when Bussey walked into campus. 

that guy is one of them. 

20 minutes ago, CvilleTigers said:

For sure. I’ve had good football discussions with Timpson fans. I’m not saying they are all arrogant or anything. There are a select few of them that are on every website known to man acting like football was invented 2 years ago when Bussey walked into campus. 

that guy is one of them. 

You should go back and pull up some of 2015 Shelbyville threads. When it comes to bandwagon jumping, these Timpson folks ain’t got nothing on those Dragons. Tru storie!

Funny how everyone is a Timpson Bear expert. I have supported the Bears before most of you were born. I have been there through all the losing seasons and the winning seasons. And yes Therwanger changed the culture here. Not just football but all sports. So you haters can trash Timpson all you want. The Bears speak for themselves on the field.

1 hour ago, CvilleTigers said:

that guy is one of them. 

Try a little reading comprehension.  "That guy" isn't one of them.  I'm not from Timpson or anywhere close and I'm not a Timpson bandwagon fan.  I'm simply a football fan telling you reality that you don't like. That reality is Timpson has represented themselves as a real top tier team better than Centerville has.  Regardless of if that has been only the past two years, when they faced true state championship caliber teams, Timpson's performance has been better than Centerville.  You simply cannot make a valid argument otherwise.  

Wishing both teams the best, that they play their best game.  

Any chance you're that Centerville guy that sat a few rows behind me at a Thrall game several years ago and was totally losing his mind because C'ville thought they had a special team and Thrall throttled them?  He was off his rocker and the other folks from C'ville were embarrassed to be associated with him.

1 hour ago, CvilleTigers said:

oh and last I checked, losing is losing. Just because Timpson played Shiner close last year doesn’t make them any closer than we have been to winning a title in the last 10 years. 

The entirety of my argument has been where Timpson is at present, not their "program" over the past decade or two.  At present, they are at the top in their area.  As for the "losing is losing," if that makes you feel better fine.  But if you've watched more than a few games, you know there's a significant difference in how Timpson has represented in those losses versus Centerville's losses.  A small change and Timpson would have been there, but not so for C'ville.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

The entirety of my argument has been where Timpson is at present, not their "program" over the past decade or two.  At present, they are at the top in their area.  As for the "losing is losing," if that makes you feel better fine.  But if you've watched more than a few games, you know there's a significant difference in how Timpson has represented in those losses versus Centerville's losses.  A small change and Timpson would have been there, but not so for C'ville.  

Well the original comment was based on the history of a program. I mean, you’re certainly welcome to your opinion in however you want to shape the argument to fit it. 

11 hours ago, Lambo said:

Man... I'm not sure why so many people are so sure about this. Y'all should have witnessed that game in Joaquin about a month back. Centerville CAN win this game people. Don't be shocked if they do. I expect Timpson to be able to pull it out but in no way do I think this game is going to be easy for the Bears. You're hearing it here 

I think that any if the 4 teams left can win. I think alot of mistakes will have to happen for Centerville to beat Timpson. I myself am pulling for the Rams to win so we can see the rematch between these 2. 

2 hours ago, CvilleTigers said:

Well the original comment was based on the history of a program. I mean, you’re certainly welcome to your opinion in however you want to shape the argument to fit it. 

Here's my original comment regarding C'ville being a perennial 2nd tier team, never showing they can contend when they come up against a top tier team like Timpson was last year and I think this year...  

"In my opinion Centerville is a 2nd tier 2AD1 team.  They muddle through several rounds of the playoffs beating mediocre teams, but when they compete against one of that year's true upper tier teams like Timpson is this year, they get pounded pretty good.  I think Timpson wins this one by 25-30, but I'd be fine being proven wrong.  It's always nice to see new blood at the top, but Timpson seems to be the one that can best represent the region this year."

I stand by this, but would invite you to show me how this is not accurate.

On 11/23/2022 at 7:14 AM, Cowboynation said:

Look Timpson will win state the next 2years I don’t understand why Yall want face the fact instead of saying Joaquin this centerville  this they both can’t play with Timpson wake up and stop ray dreaming I guarantee you both of them would winless with timpson preseason schedule  

I also thought Timpson would run the table for the next 2 years ... And then I seen them in person and it was apparent how sub par their offensive and defensive lines are. They're below average even for a 2a football team. I'm not saying Timpson can't win the big one the next 2 years in just saying it makes it hard.

Edited by Lambo
  • Roll Eyes 1

6 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I also thought Timpson would run the table for the next 2 years ... And then I seen them in person and it was apparent how sub par their offensive and defensive lines are. They're below average even for a 2a football team. I'm not saying Timpson can't win the big one the next 2 years in just saying it makes it hard.

I hope we do play y’all again.  It won’t be close if we do!! First we have to handle the Tigers. 😁

Just now, Bear9T1 said:

I hope we do play y’all again.  It won’t be close if we do!! First we have to handle the Tigers. 😁

Hope all you want. Think it won't be close all you want. You seen the same game I did. You know every bear on that field was ready to get back to Timpson except #10.

2 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Also... In 2024 I'll still be here and Joaquin will still be solid. Your generational talent will be gone. Where will you be? I have a feeling Smoaky.com won't be on your list of daily websites visited. I've seen so many come and go, you're just another one.

• Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Hope all you want. Think it won't be close all you want. You seen the same game I did. You know every bear on that field was ready to get back to Timpson except #10.

Our line was obviously good enough to beat y’all 😂 nuff said, you can come on here and blow all the smoke you want.  Your thoughts are irrelevant!

Just now, Bear9T1 said:

Our line was obviously good enough to beat y’all 😂 nuff said, you can come on here and blow all the smoke you want.  Your thoughts are irrelevant!

Your son must play on the offensive line. That's the only way you think that line had any part in beating Joaquin and even then you know the truth.

7 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Also... In 2024 I'll still be here and Joaquin will still be solid. Your generational talent will be gone. Where will you be? I have a feeling Smoaky.com won't be on your list of daily websites visited. I've seen so many come and go, you're just another one.

Oh and our JV also rolled y’all.  You maybe be bitter for many more years to come lol 

Edited by Bear9T1

• Crawford changed the title to Timpson 41 Centerville 14 Final