Bet You Didn't Know

KirtFalcon

FB_IMG_1669008315658.jpg

Did you know: Gerald Tommaso DeLouise aka Burt Young (Also known as Paulie in the Rocky movies) joined the Marine Corps and accumulated a military boxing record of 32-2. He then turned pro under the name Burt ‘Paulie’ Young and went 17-0 under the legendary boxing trainer Cus D’Amato (trainer of ''Iron'' Mike Tyson, Floyd Patterson, and Jose Torres).
He was also a sparring partner for 5-time Canadian Heavyweight champion and two-time Heavyweight World Title challenger George Chuvalo (who fought against: Muhammad Ali 2x, Joe Frazier, Geoge Foreman and Floyd Patterson).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 11:26 PM, KirtFalcon said:

FB_IMG_1669008315658.jpg

Did you know: Gerald Tommaso DeLouise aka Burt Young (Also known as Paulie in the Rocky movies) joined the Marine Corps and accumulated a military boxing record of 32-2. He then turned pro under the name Burt ‘Paulie’ Young and went 17-0 under the legendary boxing trainer Cus D’Amato (trainer of ''Iron'' Mike Tyson, Floyd Patterson, and Jose Torres).
He was also a sparring partner for 5-time Canadian Heavyweight champion and two-time Heavyweight World Title challenger George Chuvalo (who fought against: Muhammad Ali 2x, Joe Frazier, Geoge Foreman and Floyd Patterson).

Why 17-0 and then stop?  Sounds like he should’ve been set up for a title fight soon after that.  I couldn’t go 17-0 in Rock’em Sock’em.

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

Why 17-0 and then stop?  Sounds like he should’ve been set up for a title fight soon after that.  I couldn’t go 17-0 in Rock’em Sock’em.

Believe it or not, I was 2 - 0 as an amateur before I joined the Air Force in 1975 ... I was 17 - 1 boxing as an amateur in the military .... my first military bout, I TKOed a kid that was a two time Pan Am medalist, one gold medal, he just missed making the U.S. Olympic team in 76 .... I got knocked out in my last amateur fight in the 2nd round ... I know I was winning the fight, next thing I remember I was sitting on a stool in the corner and they told me the fight was over .... never put a pair of boxing gloves on after that ...  I was 23 ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • LOL! 1