Head Coach Job Openings

RomoHOF

12 hours ago, MattStepp said:

It makes sense for the most part...if you have a good year or years you aren't going to get let go, you are either going to stay put or move up 

I get that. It doesn’t make it easy looking for a good coach when most that are looking for job has bad records.

5 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

I get that. It doesn’t make it easy looking for a good coach when most that are looking for job has bad records.

Sometimes you just need to put some perspective on those records.

A lot of guys have to take a bad job when they want to get their foot in the door. If it was a "good" job then they wouldn't be considered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Your school has to have some Johnny's and Joe's for a head coach to be good year in and year out.  Coaches can't turn 5 flat 40's into 4.5's, and etc.  Thus, a head coach getting experience as a head coach at a not so good program, doesn't mean he will always have a bad record, or will not be a successful coach.

Example: I remember a coach a few years back that had only won 2-3 games a season.  Then took a DC job down the road at a winning program.  That head coach left and said DC was hired as head coach, they went 7-5 the next year.

Remember, it's not always the coach!

10 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

A lot of schools would rather hire a HC with a bad record because he has experience than give a coordinator their shot. And bad records snowball as the jump from losing school to losing school. 

On the other side Winning/losing season isn't always the best indicator of if a coach is maxing out talent or not. 

5 hours ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

be a good place for the veer

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

They got kids for the spread right now.

1 hour ago, Destry said:

And wing t, and slot t.

I wish you guys would make up your mind, I'm trying to decide on whether I should apply or not!

• Grumpy 1