Head Coach Job Openings

RomoHOF

36 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Fact.

I remember a lot of discussion on here regarding the hire of Coach Robinson. Some Henderson fans were deadset that it was the right move and that Castles needed to go. Man...hindsight is 20/20 but I'd say most Henderson fans would welcome Coach Castles back with open arms!

Why were Henderson folks upset about Castles? or want him to go?

I seem to recall there were two camps that were against him...

1.) Some felt he only focused on football, to the detriment of other programs.
2.) Some felt he underperformed with the talent he had on his roster. 

I cannot confirm or rebut either argument. I just recall we had to bounce a few folks who got too rowdy on here toward the end of his (Castles) tenure. 

But I would be curious to know if either of the two aforementioned issues improved under the recently deposed leadership. 

• Like 1

I know that Daniel Swaim is from Kilgore so that might hurt Henderson chances of landing him. But I have heard that the buggy time shop is about to open back up and the new head football coach gets a golf cart and that could put them back in the mix. 

• Prayers 1

31 minutes ago, centex1 said:

I know that Daniel Swaim is from Kilgore so that might hurt Henderson chances of landing him. But I have heard that the buggy time shop is about to open back up and the new head football coach gets a golf cart and that could put them back in the mix. 

You know I am ready for it!!! I might be willing to relocate Big Dan's Trucking and Buggy Time's corporate office to H-Town!  Donning the blue and gold of NL might have helped the burn of that Henderson Blue!

2 hours ago, centex1 said:

Couple of Henderson coaches were Kilgore peeps. I know Alexander and I believe castles was.

Being 4AD1 there should be quite a bit of interest in the Henderson job from guys looking to get their first HC gig or maybe from guys that have struggled to win elsewhere...and who knows,  maybe one of those guys will turn out to be highly successful...but splitting the HC and AD duties will likely decrease the number of candidates imo. Good thing is that things can change in a hurry in HSFB. In 2008 Henderson was 1-9...in 2010 they were raising the trophy at JerryWorld. I have my fingers crossed.

Edited by EnjoyLife
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Being 4AD1 there should be quite a bit of interest in the Henderson job from guys looking to get their first HC gig or maybe from guys that have struggled to win elsewhere...and who knows,  maybe one of those guys will turn out to be highly successful...but splitting the HC and AD duties will likely decrease the number of candidates imo. Good thing is that things can change in a hurry in HSFB. In 2008 Henderson was 1-9...in 2010 they were raising the trophy at JerryWorld. I have my fingers crossed.

Yes they were.....And they ran him off tooooooo.....  What the heck??????!!!!!!!!!

I wish they would reach out to RJM, and he could tell them to stick IT!!!!

• LOL! 1

Henderson should combine the AD/HFC position immediately. Don’t know the AD and definitely nothing against him;  have no dog in the race, but if you want to COMPETE in football at this level on down, make it happen. It’s TEXAS FOOTBALL and it’s king. The HFC should be AD. Period.

Best decision Henderson could make. Program and kids deserve it. Everything else will fall into place.

Just my humble opinion. And your neighbor to the 2A south should be given consideration. He could turn things around QUICKLY. @upullinmychaindon’t be mad, but you know it’s true. 

Edited by StingEmALTO
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Whomever get it will have their hands full. When you hit rock bottom you have no choice to go up. Henderson been down for a few years but they used to be competitive.

10 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Henderson should combine the AD/HFC position immediately. Don’t know the AD and definitely nothing against him;  have no dog in the race, but if you want to COMPETE in football at this level on down, make it happen. It’s TEXAS FOOTBALL and it’s king. The HFC should be AD. Period.

Best decision Henderson could make. Program and kids deserve it. Everything else will fall into place.

Just my humble opinion. And your neighbor to the 2A south should be given consideration. He could turn things around QUICKLY. @upullinmychaindon’t be mad, but you know it’s true. 

I ain't mad bro,he's a good coach.but I bet they go looking for a dude with a bigger school pedigree with tangables..it's what they all do 🤷‍♂️..But I do believe he is an alumni with history there 👀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I ain't mad bro,he's a good coach.but I bet they go looking for a dude with a bigger school pedigree with tangables..it's what they all do 🤷‍♂️..But I do believe he is an alumni with history there 👀

I get it…”larger” schools shooting for the stars! Lol But quality folks are quality folks and this one would definitely be worth consideration.