The Man Who Took Down The Club Q Shooter

BarryLaverty

Actually the pic looks like the actual shooter!! A left wing wack job who can't figure out what bathroom to go to...and then you have the MSM reactions when they get exposed for their lies...again. Pathetic.

On 11/22/2022 at 7:03 PM, EnjoyLife said:

True...if your "good guy with a gun" was properly trained with his weapon and how to react in a situation like this ...or maybe even more people would have ended up shot when he started popping off rounds in a crowded, dark nightclub that was in a state of chaos with people running in every direction. 

Enjoy, I promise you there are way more people out there who are trained to handle weapons of all kinds and themselves.  And they’re (guessing) 95% of the time Republican leaning.

Good guys with a gun are much more common than people realize.

On 11/22/2022 at 7:03 PM, EnjoyLife said:

True...if your "good guy with a gun" was properly trained with his weapon and how to react in a situation like this ...or maybe even more people would have ended up shot when he started popping off rounds in a crowded, dark nightclub that was in a state of chaos with people running in every direction. 

I am always intrigued by the properly trained comments. Do you have firearms training? Do you know what properly trained is? The 22 yr old that clipped the mass shooter from 40 yards had no formal training. Was he properly trained?

On 11/25/2022 at 6:17 AM, Youngcoach123 said:

I am always intrigued by the properly trained comments. Do you have firearms training? Do you know what properly trained is? The 22 yr old that clipped the mass shooter from 40 yards had no formal training. Was he properly trained?

Let me ho question by question....

No, I do not have firearms training.                     

I do not know if there is actually a definition of "properly trained" or not...but I would define it as the kind of training received by law enforcement and the military...and that involves both being skilled with your weapon and remaining under control during chaos.

If your 22 year old stopped a shooter by making a 40 yard shot then I say "Good job". Was it skill or was it luck? Could he do it again? Or next time would he start spraying bullets...miss his target...and leave several more people shot? I have no idea............

Btw...just because I don't have the gun fetish some folks seem to have does not mean that i am anti-gun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Let me ho question by question....

No, I do not have firearms training.                     

I do not know if there is actually a definition of "properly trained" or not...but I would define it as the kind of training received by law enforcement and the military...and that involves both being skilled with your weapon and remaining under control during chaos.

If your 22 year old stopped a shooter by making a 40 yard shot then I say "Good job". Was it skill or was it luck? Could he do it again? Or next time would he start spraying bullets...miss his target...and leave several more people shot? I have no idea............

Btw...just because I don't have the gun fetish some folks seem to have does not mean that i am anti-gun.

The 22 yr old had no training like military or police and hit the subject 8/10 times from 40 yards. 75% of military/cops personnel could not accomplish that. He was skilled and calm under chaos. So what do you do about that?

16 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

The 22 yr old had no training like military or police and hit the subject 8/10 times from 40 yards. 75% of military/cops personnel could not accomplish that. He was skilled and calm under chaos. So what do you do about that?

That's awesome. He sounds like an exceptional young man. I'm lousy with a handgun. I could not hit a bull elephant 8/10 times from 40 yards with a handgun.

9 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

That's awesome. He sounds like an exceptional young man. I'm lousy with a handgun. I could not hit a bull elephant 8/10 times from 40 yards with a handgun.

First time I did the drill I got 3. It takes practice.  Everyone could be able to do it with practice. Everyone should be encourage to own and carry a firearm and be fully operational with it. Without gov training. 

9 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Curious question- When these liberal cities want to de-fund the police what is a person supposed to do?

Exactly. "Defund the police" is about the dumbest idea I have ever heard. I do think we can do better in addressing the root cause of some of our crime...but in the meantime we need law enforcement to have the resources they need.

I have lived for almost 60 years not far from the Metroplex, without seeing the need for a gun for protection, though I don't begrudge someone feeling they might need to have one. I do think stoking fear and paranoia are political tools to drive concerns more often than not. 
And I, like most in the the movement to hold police accountable for their actions, while allocating more resources to mental health professionals within their ranks, with some demilitarization in their approach, don't want to defund them. It's a blanket statement that belies the need for complex solutions. 

10 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Stats aside, is it yalls belief violent crime hasn’t went up?

Overall violent crime in America has stayed basically the same in all areas or declined over the last decade, with murder spiking in 2021 in some places.  That's based on factual data. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/10/31/violent-crime-is-a-key-midterm-voting-issue-but-what-does-the-data-say/

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

Overall violent crime in America has stayed basically the same in all areas or declined over the last decade, with murder spiking in 2021 in some places.  That's based on factual data. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/10/31/violent-crime-is-a-key-midterm-voting-issue-but-what-does-the-data-say/

Ok, they didn’t defund the police nation wide Barry. Look at the places where they actually defunded the police. NYC, Minneapolis, etc