UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis

Smoaky

10 hours ago, Nobody323 said:

There it is coaches, the dream job!  A place where you can be AD, HC, teach one class a day, hire an OC, DC, and three other assistants (if they clean house) and be told to do better than make the playoffs or you will be reassigned. Don't everyone apply at once! 

Ed didn't teach a class that I know of, ( could be wrong) and I would think any new AD would want to bring is his own people. I'm sure there is more to this than just losing at football. 

Edited by 2017Patriot

4 hours ago, Nobody323 said:

There it is coaches, the dream job!  A place where you can be AD, HC, teach one class a day, hire an OC, DC, and three other assistants (if they clean house) and be told to do better than make the playoffs or you will be reassigned. Don't everyone apply at once! 

Word on the street. They already got their guy staked out. Say his name is Yes Ma'am. 

23 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Pretty sure when I was taught by Ed he taught science,  but that's been a hot hot minute.  Lol. 

So now we know he is leaving, now we need the why.

Coming home Saturday for a week. Bringing a case of west Texas finest butterscotch shine. I'll find out a bunch. 😁

10 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Word on the street. They already got their guy staked out. Say his name is Yes Ma'am. 

Alright, YM is a great coach and even better man. He wiill do great !! When told to throw ball 50 times a game he will not hesitate. Meet with supt. Every Monday to get weeks game plan. Can’t ask for a better coach. Good thing is that there SHALL be no more smash mouth football in Mustang country.🤭🤭

18 hours ago, StangtilDeath said:

Pretty sure when I was taught by Ed he taught science,  but that's been a hot hot minute.  Lol. 

So now we know he is leaving, now we need the why.

Couple days out now. Just wondering if anyone from the administration has talked to coaches about the plans or talked to the student athletes or I'd everything still on the down low.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Destry said:

Alright, YM is a great coach and even better man. He wiill do great !! When told to throw ball 50 times a game he will not hesitate. Meet with supt. Every Monday to get weeks game plan. Can’t ask for a better coach. Good thing is that there SHALL be no more smash mouth football in Mustang country.🤭🤭

Don't forget the Saturday morning film breakdown for the board/booster club at the wf.

24 minutes ago, thefirsttimer said:

Couple days out now. Just wondering if anyone from the administration has talked to coaches about the plans or talked to the student athletes or I'd everything still on the down low.

Good question. Surely they have made an announcement. I heard they sent out emails. 

57 minutes ago, thefirsttimer said:

Got kin there that tells me Coach Ed has had some really "interesting" job interviews! He may be listening to AC/DC from the other side of the field for the first time. 👀

3 hours ago, thefirsttimer said:

Coach Ed talked to the kids today. Explained that sometimes things happen that is out of our control. Said this is one of those times. Told them he loves this place.Told them HS is a great place, not because of him or anyone else but because of the students......

• Love 1

Was told some interesting information or misinformation but was told sup has family member on elementary, elementary principal gets reassigned, sup has family members at jh, jh principal gets reassigned, sup has family member related to athletics, AD gets reassigned?  I don’t know if family member is student or staff but Can any Hughes springans confirm this?  

59 minutes ago, Nobody323 said:

Was told some interesting information or misinformation but was told sup has family member on elementary, elementary principal gets reassigned, sup has family members at jh, jh principal gets reassigned, sup has family member related to athletics, AD gets reassigned?  I don’t know if family member is student or staff but Can any Hughes springans confirm this?  

Mostly true. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Edited by Wokewon

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Hughes Springs hires Joshua Willis
  • Smoaky unpinned this topic