Biden: allowing semi-automatics to be purchased "is sick"

Monte1076

He doesn't know what he's talking about, again. Most handguns and most rifles are semi-automatic. Does Biden even know that? Heck, even the service revolvers that the Secret Service and other Law Enforcement carry are mostly semi-automatic.

I'm waiting on the "What he really meant was..."

But that's not what he said.

His EXACT quote was:

"The idea (that) we still allow semiautomatic weapons to be purchased is sick, it’s just sick."

Which means he doesn't understand the scope of what a semiauto is, and likely can't define "assault weapon", either. And apparently neither do reporters.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/24/politics/biden-assault-weapons-mass-shootings/index.html

Edited by Monte1076

• Monte1076 changed the title to Biden: allowing semi-automatics to be purchased "is sick"

Back to the actual subject...semi-autos are not inherently more dangerous than any other firearm...but when you combine a large capacity magazine with their rapid rate of fire they are capable of doing a lot of damage in a short period of time. I would guess that is why they seem to be the weapon of choice for mass shooters. Heck, going all the way back to WWII the semi-auto M1 Garand gave our GIs a distinct firepower advantage over the German Mauser and Japanese Arisaka.

8 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

That one with Little Red Riding Hood (which hasn't been banned) is safer than she's ever been with the other one next to her being fully armed and ready to protect them both......

Im not sure about that "never been safer" thing. I was reading today about a 9 yo that shot his 8 yo brother in the head with a gun that was left laying around their home. 

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Good....an NRA approved gun safety course in their school may have prevented it from happening at all......

As I have said...I'm not a gun nut but we have always had guns in our home. I taught our kids to shoot and that a gun is not a toy and that they were NEVER to touch one of my guns without adult supervision. Even with all that I kept my guns unloaded and locked up. I was more concerned that my kids or one of their friends would get hurt than I was that I would need a gun for self defense if some nutjob broke into our home.

• Like 1