Region 2 finals rematch game 2 Grandview vs Malakoff

blackngoldtiger

Grandview vs Malakoff  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, Zebra65 said:

Confirm this if true from Cleburne paper…

GV and Malakoff have met seven times since 2018 and GV is 7-1. Doesn’t sound right. 

This will be the 8th meeting since 2018, with a record of 6-1 GV.

Three of those wins for GV are 7 points or over, with one of them being in overtime in 2020. Two of them being in 2018 that were 14 points and over. 

The rest has been least than 4/5 points or less. 

The one win was in 2020 in the playoffs. 

Malakoff has been to the regional finals now 4 times in 7 years since 2016. 

9 hours ago, chevyman said:

I like Koff. GV started with English at QB today and he did well but ultimately i thought they were better with 14 there. I believe 13 basically single handedly beat Koff the first time so it will take more the second time. Give me Koff/Brock semis

I'll agree to that. It was the English show for about 5/6 minutes in the 2nd qtr. 

I will also add that the times that English did score on offense Hogg wasn't covering him. The other was a kick return. 

All 3 scores were in the 2nd. 

MALAKOFF-GRANDVIEW SERIES
(Zebras lead 6-2)
1990 – Malakoff, 45-0
2018 – Grandview, 28-7
Grandview, 35-21
2019 – Grandview, 14-13
2020 – Grandview, 31-24
Malakoff, 24-21
2021 – Grandview, 24-21
2022 -- Grandview, 21-17

Love this match up, it’ll be a good one as always! GV has been a completely different team since the loss to West and it showed yesterday. Potts was regarded as one of the best offenses in the state and GV held them to 50 TOTAL yards in the 2nd half. The defense is playing out of this world right now and I don’t see that changing down the stretch. Offensively, GV can pick what it wants to do this week. English and Cannon have been nothing short of great this post season and it’s hard to stop either one. I’ll take GV in a one score game!

This should be a very good game. Both teams have improved since the first meeting this year. Few teams can match the speed of Malakoff and the QB has really   come on. GV has been penality prone and their kicking game is suspect. That said, I like the multiple offensive sets and the defense is aggressive. Hopefully one of the teams can reach the title game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SptsEd said:
MALAKOFF-GRANDVIEW SERIES
(Zebras lead 6-2)
1990 – Malakoff, 45-0
2018 – Grandview, 28-7
Grandview, 35-21
2019 – Grandview, 14-13
2020 – Grandview, 31-24
Malakoff, 24-21
2021 – Grandview, 24-21
2022 -- Grandview, 21-17

Obviously the Zebras have the Tigers number as you can throw the 1990 game out the window. Malakoff is still my pick to win the Region. IMO, the play of the Koff QB has helped Koff go to another level. Much respect for both of these programs. 

1 hour ago, OGzebra said:

Love this match up, it’ll be a good one as always! GV has been a completely different team since the loss to West and it showed yesterday. Potts was regarded as one of the best offenses in the state and GV held them to 50 TOTAL yards in the 2nd half. The defense is playing out of this world right now and I don’t see that changing down the stretch. Offensively, GV can pick what it wants to do this week. English and Cannon have been nothing short of great this post season and it’s hard to stop either one. I’ll take GV in a one score game!

I bet a silver dollar that Hogg will be covering English the whole game this time. 

GV will have to do better offensively to spread the ball better and be able to run the ball better other than English. 

District 5 was overrated and that showed when they played a team with a defense, imo. 

1 hour ago, Zebra65 said:

This should be a very good game. Both teams have improved since the first meeting this year. Few teams can match the speed of Malakoff and the QB has really   come on. GV has been penality prone and their kicking game is suspect. That said, I like the multiple offensive sets and the defense is aggressive. Hopefully one of the teams can reach the title game. 

GV will have to play lights out the whole game if they want to win. They had a lot of penalties and miscues in the first half yesterday. 

31 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Pottsboro was over rated or just didn’t have a good game. Had a little to do with GV but not much.

malakoff looks to be a step ahead of everyone in region 2.

malakoff 35

GV 21

1 hour ago, blackngoldtiger said:

GV will have to play lights out the whole game if they want to win. They had a lot of penalties and miscues in the first half yesterday. 

😂😂😂

There are probably not any 2 teams that know each other as well as the Tigers and the Zebras. The coaches probably know what each kid on the opposing team eats for breakfast. Both teams have explosive offenses and have have the ability to score quick but I see this as a low scoring game  compared to the previous games they have played. Give me the Tigers 27-21. Malakoff's kicking game gives them the edge in this one.

On 11/26/2022 at 1:54 PM, OGzebra said:

😂😂😂

What areas has GV improved since we have seen each other? 

Seen y'all against West and wasn't much more improvement between those games, imo. Seen that there were 1 or 2 mores players involved on offense. 

I thought it was interesting that GV started English at qb in the game. What's your take on that?