Region 2 finals rematch game 2 Grandview vs Malakoff

blackngoldtiger

Grandview vs Malakoff  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Boys have been focused since the Mexia game, they are on a mission. Driskell has them going and believing they can win with whomever is in their way. 

The Qb has grown up a lot. He is leaps and bounds better than earlier in the year. 

On 11/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, MHS77 said:

There are probably not any 2 teams that know each other as well as the Tigers and the Zebras. The coaches probably know what each kid on the opposing team eats for breakfast. Both teams have explosive offenses and have have the ability to score quick but I see this as a low scoring game  compared to the previous games they have played. Give me the Tigers 27-21. Malakoff's kicking game gives them the edge in this one.

I like this guy. Has well written responses on this thread as well as others concerning the Malakoff tigers. Responses aren't usually an attack on the opposing team rather just an opinion of Malakoff and how he views them stacking up to other teams. I like it. Respect.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 4:44 PM, blackngoldtiger said:

What areas has GV improved since we have seen each other? 

Seen y'all against West and wasn't much more improvement between those games, imo. Seen that there were 1 or 2 mores players involved on offense. 

I thought it was interesting that GV started English at qb in the game. What's your take on that?

GV defense has vastly improved since the West game, and we’ve had a couple of players take it up a notch on offense. As far as English at QB, I like it. When teams do what Potts did and rush 5 and spy 2 it’s a little less effective of course, but he still got his yards for the most part. I’m glad we’re implementing him more and he’s touching the ball every play. It opened up the run game a lot when we moved him back out and I don’t think Potts played him properly out there so it helped. All about adjustments and figuring out the best way to get him the ball imo. 

1 hour ago, OGzebra said:

GV defense has vastly improved since the West game, and we’ve had a couple of players take it up a notch on offense. As far as English at QB, I like it. When teams do what Potts did and rush 5 and spy 2 it’s a little less effective of course, but he still got his yards for the most part. I’m glad we’re implementing him more and he’s touching the ball every play. It opened up the run game a lot when we moved him back out and I don’t think Potts played him properly out there so it helped. All about adjustments and figuring out the best way to get him the ball imo. 

Potts was out manned in the secondary. They couldn't stop the screens at all. 

I don't think the wildcat was effective against us at all, as we were ready for it. It would be interesting if they let English throw it but he'd need to be accurate on those throws. 

#99 seems like he's been a good addition. 

3 hours ago, OGzebra said:

English will by far be the best athlete on the field come Frisay night. It will all boil down to keeping him contained when he is at QB and having help over the top when  he is a wide out. Not that he is the only weapon yall have but he is the engine that pulls the train. I am sure we will have something in place. If our line continues to play the way they have I like our chances on moving the ball and controlling the clock.  I predict  a 27-21 Tiger victory.

26 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Big game winner gets Brock who I think is not up to either of these teams right now.

Give me Malakoff the second time around this season.

Malakoff 35

Brock 21

That’s also my score prediction. Koff has taken flight in the playoffs and I don’t see GV slowing them down enough to win this one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Big game winner gets Brock who I think is not up to either of these teams right now.

Give me Malakoff the second time around this season.

Malakoff 35

Brock 21

5 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

That’s also my score prediction. Koff has taken flight in the playoffs and I don’t see GV slowing them down enough to win this one. 

Love the confidence, if we do make it past GV, I see around the same prediction.