5A D1 R2 Final: Longview vs Mansfield Timberview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-0) vs Mansfield Timberview Wolves (13-0)  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Timberview in a close one
    • Mansfield Timberview in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

On 11/26/2022 at 12:34 AM, michaelmyers said:

How come are they not growing any?

Landlocked. And, with having almost the smallest county in ALL of Texas coupled with the adjacent Harrison county to the East of that cuts deep into the Far East side of the City of Longview is a Major component. The City of Longview for the MOST part refuses to build anything significant on that side of town because Gregg County (Our County) doesn’t necessarily reap any benefits from that. I can just imagine how explosive our growth would be if the powers that be would make Harrison county push their county line back exclusively into the Hallsville, Texas city limits.

• Like 1

Just now, Quick said:

‘07 where’s the link to the past week’s post-game show with John King? I need a laugh from him this morning.

I'm going to post the post game in the afternoon, but King didn't make the trip up to the Abe press box after the game Friday. Whether it was because of the actions on the field during the hand shake or because he didn't want to make that climb, we'll never know lol.

• Like 2

Quick...

Unfortunately, Coach King did NOT make the steep climb up 

up Abe Martin for the post game radio interview. 

As LoboFan07 alluded to it could definitely have had something to do with the rather poor behavior of the opponents in the latter portion of the game OR that "laborious" climb ! 

R.J.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandyJohnson said:

Quick...

Unfortunately, Coach King did NOT make the steep climb up 

up Abe Martin for the post game radio interview. 

As LoboFan07 alluded to it could definitely have had something to do with the rather poor behavior of the opponents in the latter portion of the game OR that "laborious" climb ! 

R.J.

I dont think it had anything to do with what happened. He HATES going up into that press box! We messed with him a few times about that! He even told us a couple of years ago that he would NOT be climbing those stands.

• LOL! 3

Oldtexfan...

Well...I really don't much blame Coach King for that because it's definitely the WORST Press Box "stair setup" to be found anywhere !!

It's rather amazing they haven't been "cited" by either city or state officials for it's potential dangers ? I mean the "bullet" holes in the "visiting" radio booth window are probably still there even though it's been about 6 years since I last broadcasted a game at Ole Abe but I digress ! 

R.J.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Yeah, idk why we won’t do something about abe and that press box and the locker rooms. We spent all of that money building the new PAC center behind the scoreboard, not to mention the beautiful softball and baseball facilities right behind it. Plus the 70 million dollars being put into the middle school currently. Even remodeling the old panther gym on that campus. But screw abe I guess lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Never talk to a pitcher in the middle of a no-hitter. 

I read a story about Don Larsen during his perfect game during the 1956 World Series. Everyone was trying to stay away from him and he was going from teammate to teammate saying stuff like “Think I can keep my perfect game going?” Lol

• LOL! 4

I will say, the 51-7 win vs PA Memorial is one of the most dominating performances I’ve seen from a Lobo team. This was the third round of the playoffs against an 11-1 team. And after an opening drive TD, Longview outscored them 51-0. 

As someone else said, it’s the 4th round of the playoffs. You expect that every team you play from here on out is a strong team and that the blowouts are over with. We will see, though.

I feel like we blew out Tascosa in 2018. They had some squirly trick plays and onsides kicks just to pull within 3 in the last minute. And they needed a BS personal foul call to keep a drive alive to even be within striking distance. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I will say, the 51-7 win vs PA Memorial is one of the most dominating performances I’ve seen from a Lobo team. This was the third round of the playoffs against an 11-1 team. And after an opening drive TD, Longview outscored them 51-0. 

As someone else said, it’s the 4th round of the playoffs. You expect that every team you play from here on out is a strong team and that the blowouts are over with. We will see, though.

I feel like we blew out Tascosa in 2018. They had some squirly trick plays and onsides kicks just to pull within 3 in the last minute. And they needed a BS personal foul call to keep a drive alive to even be within striking distance. 

Has happen a few times this year offense started slow lucky defense is salty and after first drive was able to keep us in game until offense woke up once they did it was on,I had a feeling it be a route that 1 loss wasn't a great loss (Baytown lee of all teams) they say can't really go by teams you both played but well it showed? Two teams we both played we won going away and they barely won by 7 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol beating 10-0 Garland 45-0 was amazing my sophomore year. 

If I remember correctly, Vandy was either top 10 or close to it when we blew them out in the 3rd round back in '18.

They were undefeated, I know that much.

Been watching Mansfield Timberview for what little footage I could find Timberview High School Football - Arlington, TX (nfhsnetwork.com)

Takeaways from what I could see: OL impressive size 300-320lbs (They are a run heavy team) even the commentator said, "They like to use their size to push at least 5yds down field giving room for their 5'6" 156lbs running back. The small back is 5"6 and a SR, but the other back is a freshman he's pretty good. They have 2QB's one who runs and the other who passes and is fumble prone lol... Their defense reminds me of Longview's quickness and the upfront size is pretty average at this stage. 

***Notes: The OL gets super gassed around the 2nd and 3rd quarters hands on the hip at all times. The way Longview's offense plays, I don't think their defense will last up-front play after play simply because Longview's talent is 2nd level to these guys... The team I watched them play was Frisco Heritage who truly reminded me of watching a team like Hallsville or a North Mesquite... Not to mention I haven't seen one caliber team they've played except the Rebels... Just my opinion guys lol... Longview by 30 

Edited by KINGLOBO
  • Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic