Chapel Hill vs Kilgore at Tyler's Rose 12/2 7:00 PM

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs Kilgore  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Region Champion

• Chapel Hill
    • Kilgore

This poll is closed to new votes

I spoke on the crowd being very small. I was like damn. You are only 30 minutes from Tyler. Maybe everyone was waiting for this game because y'all knew you were going to win against Lindale. 

Edited by VonG

Playing in the State Quarterfinals of Texas football is kind of a big deal.... and I don't care who you are. There are a whole lot of programs that have never made it this far in their history. And a lot of programs that might have been here once or twice. Kilgore has been fortunate enough to play in 7 of these games in the last 20 years....

2003 - Lost 31-28 to Highland Park (Matthew Stafford)

2004 - Won 26-21 over LaMarque

2011 - Lost 42-21 to Corsicana

2012 - Won 30-14 over Gainesville

2013 - Won 59-19 over Chapel Hill

2020 - Lost 56-42 to Lindale

2022 - TBD

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

I think Kilgore and Chapel Hill could both beat the winner of Boerne and Calallen. Decatur/Randall don't have much of a shot at all against the winner of China Spring/Anna. I think China Spring is probably the team to beat with the Kilgore/Chapel hill winner a close 2nd.

Agreed. I wouldn't sleep on Anna either. Apparently they're pretty salty. They've just never made it this far before...so you never know if they will implode at some point.

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Agreed. I wouldn't sleep on Anna either. Apparently they're pretty salty. They've just never made it this far before...so you never know if they will implode at some point.

Agree. Anna has won two competitive games by 3 point against Stephenville and Celina. They are battle tested and shouldn't be take lightly.

11 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

Agree. Anna has won two competitive games by 3 point against Stephenville and Celina. They are battle tested and shouldn't be take lightly.

No team can be taken lightly at this point. Winning one playoff game means next to nothing these days.  Winning a second means you weren’t a fluke to be in the playoffs.  Winning a third means you area legit team.  Once you win that fourth game, you’re one of only 4 teams left in the state in your division.  CH must play disciplined football.  Bad plays happen, but penalties, TOs, and missed tackles can’t happen.

• Like 2

If C-Hill starts out slow like they have been doing lately. Kilgore wins. They will make them pay for their mistakes. If C-Hill comes out ready to play from the get go. I'll take them by at least 10 points. Either way it goes it should be an electric night in Tyler Friday. I know 🌹 Stadium will be rocking just like last year. 

Edited by VonG

1 hour ago, VonG said:

If C-Hill starts out slow like they have been doing lately. Kilgore wins. They will make them pay for their mistakes. If C-Hill comes out ready to play from the get go. I'll take them by at least 10 points. Either way it goes it should be an electric night in Tyler Friday. I know 🌹 Stadium will be rocking just like last year. 

Although we did spot them a 17-0 lead last year at Rose Stadium 😜.....it's not a great game plan for long term success!!

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Last time we played, Kilgore came off a subpar performance against Athens and then had a bye week. 

This time around, we have some momentum. And we definitely can clean up some miscues from last game with CH. 

I say Ragin Red wins something like 42-35.

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

I don't know about spotting them 17 points last year. They earned that. I truly believe Kilgore coaches coached not to lose instead of coaching to win.

CH needs to come out with energy and intensity. Both teams will have their mistakes like all HS teams do. But CH cannot come out flat and sloppy like last year at Rose. Should be a good one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHDog77 said:

CH needs to come out with energy and intensity. Both teams will have their mistakes like all HS teams do. But CH cannot come out flat and sloppy like last year at Rose. Should be a good one

if CH comes out to start the game like they did at half time against lumberton ...it will be a long painful night for the red dogs

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TopDog96 said:

Where are the predictions? Who ya got and why?

I’m going with the old cliché that it’s tough to beat a good team twice in the same season.  Chill has their typical unclean game early on, and Kilgore pulls ahead by multiple scores.  Chill makes a furious comeback late but it’s not enough.  Red Dogs win 48-45.

• Like 1

I’m going with CH 14+. Last week proved that our coaching staff is able to change and adjust. The staff that makes the best adjustments win this ballgame. I’m going with Rio. We will score and make adjustments to slow Ross. 

• Like 3

• Wild74 changed the title to Chapel Hill vs Kilgore at Tyler's Rose 12/2 7:00 PM