Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs Kilgore  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Region Champion

• Chapel Hill
    • Kilgore

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

You said "almost made a tradition of meeting in the 4th round"...this is the first time is has happened right?

I think a more accurate statement would be "District 9-4A is making a tradition of winning Region 3" since this will be the third consecutive year (and POSSIBLY the third different team from our district) to win the regional title! Whoever wins will have the support of the rest of the district!

we played Chapel Hill in the 4th round in 2013 as well

• Like 1

If this game is not a sellout. I don't know how you can expect smaller schools to sellout Rose Stadium ever. It doesn't get much better than this. Unless it's Gilmer or Carthage. These teams are the next best after those two.

37 minutes ago, KDOGS95 said:

Chapel Hill is gonna get knocked off that high horse tonight. Respect the K!!!

Lindales defense was down this year. Especially stopping the run. We nearly scored 80. The success y’all had last week running the ball won’t be as easy tonight. We held yalls running game in check our last match and I’m hoping we do it again. We will score some points. 

If Kilgore can control the clock and play good in the secondary they will have a chance. Games like this is when you throw wrinkles into the playbook that will be big hitting plays. You virtually have over 20 games on each other so you know each other well enough. It just comes down to execution. This is why games like this are so fun to watch because you never know what's going to happen.  Just don't start out slow. That's the worst thing to do in a playoff game especially. My prediction is 31-28....Kilgore will win on a walk off field goal. 

8 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

If Kilgore can control the clock and play good in the secondary they will have a chance. Games like this is when you throw wrinkles into the playbook that will be big hitting plays. You virtually have over 20 games on each other so you know each other well enough. It just comes down to execution. This is why games like this are so fun to watch because you never know what's going to happen.  Just don't start out slow. That's the worst thing to do in a playoff game especially. My prediction is 31-28....Kilgore will win on a walk off field goal. 

Well said

56 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

What happened last game doesn't matter....Kilgore knows they didn't play well and will need to execute better to win....we don't have to be the best team...we just have to be the best team tonight!!!

Did Kilgore just not execute or did Chapel Hill defense play like they can?? Guess we all find out tonight 

4 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

Did Kilgore just not execute or did Chapel Hill defense play like they can?? Guess we all find out tonight 

As someone who has seen both teams...I thought it was a little of both last time they played.

It looked like Kilgore did not handle the bye week well. They came out sloppy on offense and made plenty of mistakes.

Chapel Hill played well defensively. 52 and 55 are game changers. They did a great job against a solid Kilgore run game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

Did Kilgore just not execute or did Chapel Hill defense play like they can?? Guess we all find out 

Chapel hill played well defensively...had a really good game plan against Kilgore that night...the 1st half Kilgore had way too many missed tackles and dropped passes that would of kept the chains moving...heck even dropped a TD....came out the 2nd half and played better....held Chapel Hill to 6 pts which I think some people tend to ignore....I'm not saying Chapel Hill played flawless either but they did capitalize on the Kilgore turnovers while Kilgore didn't do much with the Chapel Hill turnovers...

1 hour ago, kdogs00 said:

What happened last game doesn't matter....Kilgore knows they didn't play well and will need to execute better to win....we don't have to be the best team...we just have to be the best team tonight!!!

If the talent in there to beat Chapel Hill, the coaches would have made changes during half time to victory in week 10. 

Kilgore is solid. I just don’t think they out number CHS skilled players. 

Yellow Dogs by 10!

53 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Kilgore kicker is legit!!!

3 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

If the talent in there to beat Chapel Hill, the coaches would have made changes during half time to victory in week 10. 

Kilgore is solid. I just don’t think they out number CHS skilled players. 

Yellow Dogs by 10!

I would think holding Chapel Hill to 6 pts in the 2nd half was making adjustments...I think we just were in too big of a hole to come back...I think if I remember correctly it was like 26-10 at the half...

Either way no excuses...Chapel Hill beat us "that night"...good thing is we get another Crack at them

Same thing last year yall beat us and won the District Champs , then the second meeting we beat yall and advance to 9 seconds away from playing in the State Game. 

Chapel hill played well defensively...had a really good game plan against Kilgore that night...the 1st half Kilgore had way too many missed tackles and dropped passes that would of kept the chains moving...heck even dropped a TD....came out the 2nd half and played better....held Chapel Hill to 6 pts which I think some people tend to ignore....I'm not saying Chapel Hill played flawless either but they did capitalize on the Kilgore turnovers while Kilgore didn't do much with the Chapel Hill turnovers...

I personally think you can throw everything out the window from previous games. Both teams want the win! I think it will be a dogfight to the end! With that said CH by 10 due to better skill players. 

5 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

You said "almost made a tradition of meeting in the 4th round"...this is the first time is has happened right?

I think a more accurate statement would be "District 9-4A is making a tradition of winning Region 3" since this will be the third consecutive year (and POSSIBLY the third different team from our district) to win the regional title! Whoever wins will have the support of the rest of the district!

Nope. CH and Kilgore met in the 4th round in 2013 with Kilgore winning and going to the the SC to play, I believe, Carthage.

2 of the last 3 times CH has made it to the 4th round of the playoffs now, they have faced Kilgore.  Last year, if CH had made the QB switch quicker and beat Lindale, they would have played in the 4th round 3 of the last 3 times, which is why my original statement said (almost).