State Quarters: Cooper 13-0 vs. Timpson 13-0 at Lindale 12/2 7:00 PM

Bulldognation1

Quarterfinals  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

Haven't heard yet on when & where, but might as well go ahead & get the talk started in this one. I’m sure most will say Cooper don’t stand a chance but we’ll see… Timpson is a great team & has the most electric player in 2A. Definitely respect the Bears & Bussey, but tired of hearing about them lol

This one comes down to 1 thing for the bulldogs and it is to "try" and slow Bussey down. I know that is definitely easier said than done kid is electric. If the bulldogs can't then it will be a long night. Bulldogs will probably have to score everytime we have the football. I am proud of the bulldogs season so far and things we wished for.

2 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

This one comes down to 1 thing for the bulldogs and it is to "try" and slow Bussey down. I know that is definitely easier said than done kid is electric. If the bulldogs can't then it will be a long night. Bulldogs will probably have to score everytime we have the football. I am proud of the bulldogs season so far and things we wished for.

Yea if Timpson wins it’ll be because they have Terry Bussey & Cooper don’t. I realize Timpson has a couple other really good skill kids, but Bussey is the main difference maker. If the Dawgs can limit his big plays then they absolutely have a shot at the upset.

23 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Haven't heard yet on when & where, but might as well go ahead & get the talk started in this one. I’m sure most will say Cooper don’t stand a chance but we’ll see… Timpson is a great team & has the most electric player in 2A. Definitely respect the Bears & Bussey, but tired of hearing about them lol

Cooper absolutely stands a chance and a good one. Timpson best not be sleeping on them like they did when they rolled into Joaquin earlier in the season. If they do then Cooper upsets them because If they didn’t like Joaquin’s physicality they are about to really hate Coopers. Cooper can play keep away and win this. I think Cooper’s D line is explosive enough to make 99% of QBs very uncomfortable but this is honestly where Bussey shines — he is as calm as you’ll ever see a small town QB be. We’ve all seen QBs thrown bombs and we’ve seen mobile QBs but the most unique thing about him is when being pressured he remains so calm and delivers darts. That’s the truly scary thing about him. Timpson has good receivers as well. Just ask Centerville.

Is Cooper better than Centerville was? That’s unanswerable— The game needs to be approached as if they are, and I in fact believe they are. If Timpson is the team to carry the torch for us past region then Cooper is about as physical as you’re gonna get in our region. Been a lot of talk about Timpon’s line being a little suspect and they’re very average performance masked by an amazing set of skilled kids. I haven’t watched them since the Joaquin game but this was in fact the case vs Joaquin — maybe the Rams woke the Bears up in the trenches. They’ll need it against Cooper

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Cooper is going to run into the same thing Centerville did .... they don’t have a come from behind offense ....  I watched most of their game last night on the live stream .... Timpson will light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine that got plugged into a 220v outlet .....

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • LOL! 4
  • Wow 1

16 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Yea if Timpson wins it’ll be because they have Terry Bussey & Cooper don’t. I realize Timpson has a couple other really good skill kids, but Bussey is the main difference maker. If the Dawgs can limit his big plays then they absolutely have a shot at the upset.

You shut that QB sweep down and sky’s the limit…  that’s his favorite play to run and he runs it well lol

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

Cooper is going to run into the same thing Centerville did .... they don’t have a come from behind offense ....  I watched most of their game last night on the live stream .... Timpson will light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine that got plugged into a 220v outlet .....

Cooper matched up well vs Joe but Timpson has nothing in common with Joe. That 9 men in the box play is useless here. It’s about to go to 9 men playing coverage 😂 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Cooper matched up well vs Joe but Timpson has nothing in common with Joe. That 9 men in the box play is useless here. It’s about to go to 9 men playing coverage 😂 

You stack the box to try and stop Bussey from running and he will burn you through the air ...

32 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

They have athletes everywhere.  

the thing about Bussey is he looks so effortless when playing.  It’s like he’s jogging and runs away from others.  If you strictly focus on shutting him down they rest of their offense WILL make you pay.  They are loaded with talent.  

44 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

That won’t be the reason Timpson wins.  They are loaded with talent.

2 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

You shut that QB sweep down and sky’s the limit…  that’s his favorite play to run and he runs it well lol

Couldn't tell from last night ... he ran the ball straight up the gut 8 - 10 - 15 yards a pop ... lit them up like a Christmas tree through the air too ....

Cooper's gotten hot at the right time. This playoff run is already a huge win for that program & the future is bright for them. This is a chance to pull an upset against the #1 team in the state so they'll be fired up. Haven't been impressed with Timpson's O/D Line so I like the matchup. Cooper can continue to pound the rock and make Timpson play fundamental/read your keys football. Sure Timpson has athletes all over but #10 is the SUPERSTAR. Slow him down and limit his explosive plays and they may have a shot. I think you have to come in doing everything to stop the QB running game and make him air it out. That's the poison i'm pickin. Tackle like they did last night and good zone defense (unlike Joaquin who stuck with man-man) seems like the best way to handle that offense. Ay but don't get it twisted, Cooper has athletes themselves so this'll be a dawgfight.    

• Like 1

• Wild74 changed the title to State Quarters: Cooper 13-0 vs. Timpson 13-0 at Lindale 12/2 7:00 PM