State Quarters: Cooper 13-0 vs. Timpson 13-0 at Lindale 12/2 7:00 PM

Bulldognation1

Quarterfinals  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

11 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

Timpson wont beat shiner or refugio in my opinion but I could be wrong. They better not look past cooper either. Kirk is talking bout timpson running up the score and they might BUT Coopers defense is only giving up 9.8 points per game on average. Now granted thats helped with the shutouts they put up in district but that defense flys around and tackles well. So they have a shot. Frankston only being down 21-0 at half and Joaquin, Garrison game being close makes me feel like Cooper for sure has a shot and this game isn't a give me! Everyone knows that Timpson has the better Player in Bussey but as an overall team top to bottom Cooper prolly has them beat but the thing is Bussey can win it

Kirk didn’t think we had a shot the last 2 weeks lol.  He’s not gonna give Cooper a bit of credit unless maybe they pull it off this week. Somebody told me a few days ago on here that if Timpson wins, it won’t be because they have Bussey & Cooper don't. I disagree with that. The kid is an absolute difference maker. An athlete like that, especially at the small school level can single handily take a game over. Sure, Timpson has other athletes, but Bussey is THAT dude. It all will come down to whether or not Cooper can limit Bussey’s big plays. 

Edited by Bulldognation1
  • Like 5

Sure glad all the folks on here are Timpson experts and know exactly who they are going to beat and who they are not going to beat.

It won't be settled in here thankfully. But it will be settled in Lindale Friday night. Good luck to both Teams. 

Go Bears 🐻 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, WildBear said:

Sure glad all the folks on here are Timpson experts and know exactly who they are going to beat and who they are not going to beat.

It won't be settled in here thankfully. But it will be settled in Lindale Friday night. Good luck to both Teams. 

Go Bears 🐻 

Same goes for everyone saying its for sure a cooper loss! Way more people in here guaranteeing a Timpson win and timpson title than not! I have no dog in the fight just going off opinion!!

8 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

Same goes for everyone saying its for sure a cooper loss! Way more people in here guaranteeing a Timpson win and timpson title than not! I have no dog in the fight just going off opinion!!

And you are certainly entitled to that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

There are no guarantees when you talk about 14-18 boys. 

• Like 1

There are 8 quality teams left in 2A Division 1. And they are all capable of beating each other. I will be the first to tell you Joaquin and Garrison took it to us and played us tough. Not going to sit here and make excuses. But at the end of both games we walked out with the wins. Which is really what matters. Timpson learned from those games made some changes and  have moved on. Bears have a 39 and 2 record over the last 3 years with Shiner beating us both times in the semi final round in 2020 and 2021. I think that speaks for itself in trying to slow down Bussey and Howard. Timpson is beatable like anyone else only 1 team Has been successful doing it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WildBear said:

There are 8 quality teams left in 2A Division 1. And they are all capable of beating each other. I will be the first to tell you Joaquin and Garrison took it to us and played us tough. Not going to sit here and make excuses. But at the end of both games we walked out with the wins. Which is really what matters. Timpson learned from those games made some changes and  have moved on. Bears have a 39 and 2 record over the last 3 years with Shiner beating us both times in the semi final round in 2020 and 2021. I think that speaks for itself in trying to slow down Bussey and Howard. Timpson is beatable like anyone else only 1 team Has been successful doing it.

Yep and I don't think that team will be there this time,thinking maybe refugio will be there nemesis this go round 🤷‍♂️different animal same quality.

20 hours ago, WildBear said:

👀 

🏀 time incoming for Cooper?

• Wild74 changed the title to State Quarters: Cooper 13-0 vs. Timpson 13-0 at Lindale 12/2 7:00 PM
1 minute ago, Bear9T1 said:

He was entertaining fo sho!! 

We played cooper close 20 to 14 til midway through the 4th quarter..  then due to the soft program we running nowadays,  we got tired and cooper ran away with it lol they better fix the problem and quick!

but what I’m getting at…. Our 2 touchdowns were passes 

it wouldn’t surprise me if y’all air it out Friday night!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

We played cooper close 20 to 14 til midway through the 4th quarter..  then due to the soft program we running nowadays,  we got tired and cooper ran away with it lol they better fix the problem and quick!

but what I’m getting at…. Our 2 touchdowns were passes 

it wouldn’t surprise me if y’all air it out Friday night!  

We may have to use all available options against the bulldogs!  If we are clicking like last week I like our chances.  👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

We may have to use all available options against the bulldogs!  If we are clicking like last week I like our chances.  👍

Yes sir timpson is getting after it!

cooper is a good football team!  Pretty good speed ,  the QB and RB are brothers ..  they are smooth together running that offense 

wish it was closer so I could see this awesome game!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes sir timpson is getting after it!

cooper is a good football team!  Pretty good speed ,  the QB and RB are brothers ..  they are smooth together running that offense 

wish it was closer so I could see this awesome game!!

Yeah, their misdirection is really good. Yeah, Lindale is a haul from CC!  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

A balanced offense with dynamic playmakers is what I see being Cooper’s kryptonite. They were outstanding at loading the box and daring Joaquin to throw the ball. Joaquin was largely unsuccessful with the passing game. Had we been able to complete a few passes, we could have forced them out of the 9 man front they were running. We had open receivers, but couldn’t connect. Their corners and OLBs did a great job playing the run. Every time we got one of our speed backs out on the edge in a one-on-one, their kid made the tackle. Timpson is a completely different animal. They will spread you out and find the open receiver, and with the ball in Bussey’s hands, sometimes the worst thing you can do is cover every receiver. With the defense spread out, he can cover 12-20 yards in the blink of an eye. I’ve got Timpson winning 42-20. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

A balanced offense with dynamic playmakers is what I see being Cooper’s kryptonite. They were outstanding at loading the box and daring Joaquin to throw the ball. Joaquin was largely unsuccessful with the passing game. Had we been able to complete a few passes, we could have forced them out of the 9 man front they were running. We had open receivers, but couldn’t connect. Their corners and OLBs did a great job playing the run. Every time we got one of our speed backs out on the edge in a one-on-one, their kid made the tackle. Timpson is a completely different animal. They will spread you out and find the open receiver, and with the ball in Bussey’s hands, sometimes the worst thing you can do is cover every receiver. With the defense spread out, he can cover 12-20 yards in the blink of an eye. I’ve got Timpson winning 42-20. 

Wow! 42-20….. I like the way you’re thinking TB!  I just hope we are firing on all cylinders again this week.  I think our defense had finally found their groove!!