State Quarters: Cooper 13-0 vs. Timpson 13-0 at Lindale 12/2 7:00 PM

Bulldognation1

Quarterfinals  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

11 hours ago, Lambo said:

I've been pretty critical of Timpsons line play this year but they do just enough to allow that special group of skill kids to absolutely run roughshod. 

Tell you the truth. I ain't sure the Bearz really cares what you or me thinks or even what them Cooper boyz thought. They just took what they had and dished it back twice. Bears is pretty dern rough. TrueStorie

t30.jpg

Edited by Doomer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DAhomer said:

I think Timpson wins Refugio overachieved with this young squad.  Timpson has the advantage on the line, and they have the ultimate x-factor in Bussey

Possibly on the Timpson win, but I disagree on Refugio overachieving.  They coached and played with what they had and improved as the year went on.  They are dependent on the team as a whole and that is what may give them the edge over Timpson.  And their coaching is the best in 2A.

I'd also disagree on Timpson having the advantage on the line.  Refugio has played much better lines in Hitchcock and Edna (who they beat and is still playing in 3A semi-final next week).  Timpson's line won't show them anything they haven't seen and dealt with effectively.

It will come down to how effectively they deal with Bussey.

I just want to see a great game and may the best team win.

Edited by Everide2016

7 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Possibly on the Timpson win, but I disagree on Refugio overachieving.  They coached and played with what they had and improved as the year went on.  They are dependent on the team as a whole and that is what may give them the edge over Timpson.  And their coaching is the best in 2A.

I'd also disagree on Timpson having the advantage on the line.  Refugio has played much better lines in Hitchcock and Edna (who they beat and is still playing in 3A semi-final next week).  Timpson's line won't show them anything they haven't seen and dealt with effectively.

It will come down to how effectively they deal with Bussey.

I just want to see a great game and may the best team win.

This will be the first time that Timpson has faced a team this year that has played someone just as good as them (Shiner)

This one is going to come down to fundamental football. Who has fewest turnovers and fewer penalties particularly at key moments. Up to this point a penalty was a minor inconvenience for Timpson. Against Refugio it will be a problem. 

This is about to be an amazing game — I’m pulling for the Bears hard