State Quarters: Cooper 13-0 vs. Timpson 13-0 at Lindale 12/2 7:00 PM

Bulldognation1

Quarterfinals  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Couldn't tell from last night ... he ran the ball straight up the gut 8 - 10 - 15 yards a pop ... lit them up like a Christmas tree through the air too ....

Yes Sir, exactly.  Granted, Bussey doesn’t need anything except a crease, but he had some nice holes up the gut last night.  I was proud of Timpson’s line play on both sides.  You don’t go 14-1 two years in a row running behind chopped liver.  Also, the folks second guessing Timpson’s coaching need to catch a clue and try to learn something about the game before they start popping off.

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Cooper is going to run into the same thing Centerville did .... they don’t have a come from behind offense ....  I watched most of their game last night on the live stream .... Timpson will light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine that got plugged into a 220v outlet .....

If Timpson brings their "A" game they will beat Cooper like a rented mule.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Cooper absolutely stands a chance and a good one. Timpson best not be sleeping on them like they did when they rolled into Joaquin earlier in the season. If they do then Cooper upsets them because If they didn’t like Joaquin’s physicality they are about to really hate Coopers. Cooper can play keep away and win this. I think Cooper’s D line is explosive enough to make 99% of QBs very uncomfortable but this is honestly where Bussey shines — he is as calm as you’ll ever see a small town QB be. We’ve all seen QBs thrown bombs and we’ve seen mobile QBs but the most unique thing about him is when being pressured he remains so calm and delivers darts. That’s the truly scary thing about him. Timpson has good receivers as well. Just ask Centerville.

Is Cooper better than Centerville was? That’s unanswerable— The game needs to be approached as if they are, and I in fact believe they are. If Timpson is the team to carry the torch for us past region then Cooper is about as physical as you’re gonna get in our region. Been a lot of talk about Timpon’s line being a little suspect and they’re very average performance masked by an amazing set of skilled kids. I haven’t watched them since the Joaquin game but this was in fact the case vs Joaquin — maybe the Rams woke the Bears up in the trenches. They’ll need it against Cooper

So you are gonna base everything off of one game with Joaquin? Do you think the rams line is better than C-ville? You obviously haven’t looked at last nights Bear performance either. If Timpson comes out like last night, Cooper will be in trouble.

We all know that Timpson will win this game 84 to 0 we concede and move on to basketball. It's getting old week after week to continue to hear that if our opponents show up to play we will be in trouble. Yet week after week we show up and beat people up till they fold. One of these weeks "be careful what you wish for" will finally happen. And it very well might be this week we know that timpson is everyone's pick to win state. The dogs will show up and give it their all so excited to see if we can make school history.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

We all know that Timpson will win this game 84 to 0 we concede and move on to basketball. It's getting old week after week to continue to hear that if our opponents show up to play we will be in trouble. Yet week after week we show up and beat people up till they fold. One of these weeks "be careful what you wish for" will finally happen. And it very well might be this week we know that timpson is everyone's pick to win state. The dogs will show up and give it their all so excited to see if we can make school history.

Give it a go lol 

8 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

We all know that Timpson will win this game 84 to 0 we concede and move on to basketball. It's getting old week after week to continue to hear that if our opponents show up to play we will be in trouble. Yet week after week we show up and beat people up till they fold. One of these weeks "be careful what you wish for" will finally happen. And it very well might be this week we know that timpson is everyone's pick to win state. The dogs will show up and give it they’re all so excited to see if we can make school history.

Y’all had a great season…. But 👀😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, VonG said:

Damn I would have like to have seen his game. I wish they would have chosen 🌹 Stadium Saturday. 

Considering that the state title game for this division is at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 15th, I would not have been surprised at this regional final being a Thursday game. I think the state semifinals have been on Thursday for the last several years in this division, because you’re already on a short week. In odd years, our division plays for the title on Wednesday night. Either way, Wednesday is your travel day, so you only get Monday and Tuesday for prep. There’s no way they’re going to play on Saturday and then potentially have to turn around and play a state semifinal on Thursday. 

21 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

So you are gonna base everything off of one game with Joaquin? Do you think the rams line is better than C-ville? You obviously haven’t looked at last nights Bear performance either. If Timpson comes out like last night, Cooper will be in trouble.

Basing it off of multiple games i.e Waskom, Garrison, Joaquin, Centerville. Teams have had success running the ball on Timpson but Cooper will bring more misdirection with better athletes than any of those other teams. Timpson was clearly the better team last night but CVille did themselves no favors with the turnovers and can't expect themselves to come back with their offense. I think Centerville has a better OLine but their offense is super basic. You gotta slow that speed down and get those Timpson athletes reading keys and not just firing at the gaps.

6 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

I like and respect your support and confidence in your team. That's exactly how it should be. Cooper has to be a good team to be undefeated and make it this far. I am a pure, die hard Daingerfield Tiger fan. The Timpson Bears are a great team. My Tigers just got put out of the playoffs last night falling to the Newton Eagles 16-12. We had 3 loses on the year to Timpson, Center and Newton. I alone and most if not all Tiger fans will agree that Timpson was the best team we faced all year. Timpson came and beat us in our jungle hands down. In the loss to 4A Center we played the second 1/2 without starters Hampton Wr/DB, Rodgers WR/DB and RB D'co Wright. Last night vs Newton it really hurt us not having Hampton and some youngsters had to step up and they did well. Timpson beat us convincingly with all our players. It's hard for me to bet against this team because I saw them with my own eyes. I might attend lol. Be safe and good luck to both teams. Keep your players motivated SM  because anything could happen. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

I mean how can I base my decision on things I haven’t seen. I only saw Timpson play Joaquin — I don’t know how much better or worse centerville is than Cooper. I know Cooper is apparently better than Joaquin and Timpson had a scare versus Joaquin and Cooper is very similar to Joaquin. 

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

The Dawgs should have all the bulletin board material they need by the time Friday comes lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Hawkball7 said:

Basing it off of multiple games i.e Waskom, Garrison, Joaquin, Centerville. Teams have had success running the ball on Timpson but Cooper will bring more misdirection with better athletes than any of those other teams. Timpson was clearly the better team last night but CVille did themselves no favors with the turnovers and can't expect themselves to come back with their offense. I think Centerville has a better OLine but their offense is super basic. You gotta slow that speed down and get those Timpson athletes reading keys and not just firing at the gaps.

Based on what I saw last night on the livestream, I think Centerville has a better offense and is more physical than Cooper ... Cooper's offense did not impress me at all .... and their defense is going to be in trouble spread out trying to contain all of Timpson's offensive weapons .... Cooper is not going to match up very well with Timpson's offense ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Based on what I saw last night on the livestream, I think Centerville has a better offense and is more physical than Cooper ... Cooper's offense did not impress me at all .... and their defense is going to be in trouble spread out trying to contain all of Timpson's offensive weapons .... Cooper is not going to match up very well with Timpson's offense ....

Yea that defense of Coopers is in for something completely different aren’t they — will be a lot different than seeing old Joe’s standard wing T running the same handful of plays at them with no real passing threat. Timpson is far more dynamic 

2 hours ago, supermaroon said:

I assure you that Timpsons focus is on Cooper. I guarantee you coach T and company aren’t thinking about state either. I don’t think anyone that I’ve seen from Timpson feels this will be an easy game either. If you make it to the quarter finals, you’re good. I just think Timpson has a better team. I’m sure you feel the same about your bulldogs. 

• Like 4

• Wild74 changed the title to State Quarters: Cooper 13-0 vs. Timpson 13-0 at Lindale 12/2 7:00 PM