Carthage vs Pleasant Grove at Marshall Dec 2 7PM

CDAWG68

Bulldogs vs. Hawks  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

I understand where it is won, you’ve mentioned the 2017/2019 line 100 times. I agree those lines were better but this team has more athletes on it. Conditioning will not be a factor in this game. Will Carthage beat us in the trenches, maybe so but it will not be bc guys are going both ways. 

U can be well condition and still wear down we the guy has played half or less snaps then you yourlined up across makes a big difference especially in the trenches and those athletes don't mean nothing without those hogs up front 

19 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

I understand where it is won, you’ve mentioned the 2017/2019 line 100 times. I agree those lines were better but this team has more athletes on it. Conditioning will not be a factor in this game. Will Carthage beat us in the trenches, maybe so but it will not be bc guys are going both ways. 

First of all, I was not responding to you. I know this team has athletes. However, big time championship games are won in the trenches. If Carthage beats PG in the trenches, then they win the game. I think it is 99 times, not 100!

Edited by swaha

4 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

We spent hours watching film on PG.  You think we are just going to give it to you for free?  😂

I’m not from Carthage.  You think a member of the Carthage coaching staff has to check sdc out to find out about an opponent??   Lol

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

We spent hours watching film on PG.  You think we are just going to give it to you for free?  😂

I just watched Gilmer and PG. 

Gilmer defense totally dominated PG’S offense. PG defense played well but the sophomore QB for Gilmer was off on half his throws in the first half, he was more accurate in the second half. Gilmers D line was in the backfield making tackles on nearly every play. 
No doubt PG has improved but besides Gilmer who have they played. 
Dawgs just need to be prepared and play Dawg ball and should win this game. Dawg offense cleans up the mistakes they made against Gilmer. PG did a good job of stopping the run against Gilmer in the first half because the passing was not very good. 

Just now, DB2point0 said:

So revolutionary.  I’m sure Carthage has never seen that before. Lol

As has been said before, the idea was to get the PG athletes in space so they can make plays.  They will also bring in #40 & #44 for a double TE set.  I think PG will have to do this vs Carthage to have any push at all on the ground.

9 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

As has been said before, the idea was to get the PG athletes in space so they can make plays.  They will also bring in #40 & #44 for a double TE set.  I think PG will have to do this vs Carthage to have any push at all on the ground.

Yes

I may stir up a hornets nest but I honestly want to know. And I may not get the truth here. Lol! But here goes... I was told that Carthage gets great players from outside their district who would normally play for other schools but they will come over and play for Carthage. Is this true? If so, then all they've  done is form an all-star team from surrounding area.  And on the flip side, If these are all home grown young men born and raised in Carthage district then there should be a movie about them. 

Edited by BD04
Missing words
  • Roll Eyes 1
  • Stinks 1

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Pleasant Grove at Marshall Dec 2 7PM