Carthage vs Pleasant Grove at Marshall Dec 2 7PM

CDAWG68

Bulldogs vs. Hawks  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Perfect football weather is 35 degrees and raining. Anything warmer/drier than that is just another day. 

Exactly. Especially when your starting QB is out and you are reduced to trying to run on Carthage, which you haven't been able to do since 2014. I was hoping for a repeat of or at least resemblance to the weather during the Carthage-Liberty Hill semifinal in 2018.

• LOL! 1

33 minutes ago, house said:

Gilmers game plan was to put the qb job in the hands of the senior playmaker, #17.  The soph qb was available but they thought their best shot was to run the ball.  

So will PG play straight up and try to beat Carthage doing what they have been doing since losing to Gilmer in district?  Or will they stay more ground oriented and try to shorten the game like Gilmer did with a few over the top shots and trust their defense to make stops?

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

So will PG play straight up and try to beat Carthage doing what they have been doing since losing to Gilmer in district?  Or will they stay more ground oriented and try to shorten the game like Gilmer did with a few over the top shots and trust their defense to make stops?

Won’t matter

The Dawg offense will play better and the Dawg D will do what they do. 
Let’s Go Dawgs

15 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Won’t matter

The Dawg offense will play better and the Dawg D will do what they do. 
Let’s Go Dawgs

That’s not what I asked C&C.  In 2021 a young PG team held Carthage to 3 points in the first half.  They just could not muster any offense outside of the KO return for TD.  PG grew up, so did Carthage on O, but reloaded with more youngsters on D.

Edited by PantherNation2015
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

Typical answers from certain folks so no response is probably the best route. We will line up on Fri and give it our best shot.

They will do what they have been doing because that is what has worked.

Tell me how they can emulate Carthage in practice to prepare for them.

You can't, that is why I say it won't matter. They don't have enough starters to go one on one with their starters because most of them go both ways. Or at least they did against Gilmer.     

13 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

They will do what they have been doing because that is what has worked.

Tell me how they can emulate Carthage in practice to prepare for them.

You can't, that is why I say it won't matter. They don't have enough starters to go one on one with their starters because most of them go both ways. Or at least they did against Gilmer.     

I’d save my $ and stay at the house then if I were you. 

• LOL! 1

A sign that your offense is pretty good is when you score 28 and your fans were disappointed. 
I think P G will have several more plays on the O C’s play sheet than a normal week.  I also think as long as the game is close, P G snaps the ball with less than 7-8 seconds on the play clock most every play.  

Edited by cotton84

20 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

A sign that your offense is pretty good is when you score 28 and your fans were disappointed. 
I think P G will have several more plays on the O C’s play sheet than a normal week.  I also think as long as the game is close, P G snaps the ball with less than 7-8 seconds on the play clock most every play.  

Thanks Cotton!  We can always count on you to give your thoughts when C&C says the same thing every week. I agree.  Follow Gilmer’s script with a few more home run shots taken.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Thanks Cotton!  We can always count on you to give your thoughts when C&C says the same thing every week. I agree.  Follow Gilmer’s script with a few more home run shots taken.

My guess is that barring an injury, the P G QB will have the most designed run plays for him than any other P G back.  The P G coaches hope to have huge holes everywhere to run, but doubt they expect much success with straight ahead/downhill running plays. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

The only thing is our secondary may make them pay for throwing at them. 
Gilmer got Ked last week, but he made up for it.  We had two picks against Gilmer, and really should’ve had three (last one at the very end on Tennison).

I wonder if the PG QB is a decent passer with good instincts or mainly just another RB who sometimes gets to pass.  If it’s the latter and they do put it in the air more often than normal that could be a good thing for Carthage, but we’ll have to wait and see.

7 hours ago, house said:

Gilmers game plan was to put the qb job in the hands of the senior playmaker, #17.  The soph qb was available but they thought their best shot was to run the ball.  

Yeah, I know. I said before the game I'd believe Gilmer can run on Carthage when I see it. Most of the game I didn't see it. That's why we needed help from the skies - both weather wise and from some kind of divine intervention. 🤣

• LOL! 1

11 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Panthernation

In all seriousness, I expect PG to run a lot of sweeps or roll outs with the option to pass. I don’t believe they can run up the middle on the Dawgs. I have no idea if the PG QB is an accurate passer or not. I think they will want to shorten the game by just what you said. Snap the ball as fast as they can. 
I don’t think any of us Dawg fans will know how good PG is until we see them in person. We know they are in the quarter finals for a reason. 
Another good hard fought game. I believe in the Dawgs and think they will win, but I am a homer. Gilmer made me nervous and I imagine PG will make me nervous.