Carthage vs Pleasant Grove at Marshall Dec 2 7PM

CDAWG68

Bulldogs vs. Hawks  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

4 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

Gilmer exposed Carthage imo. 14-7 with 9:00 in the 4th qt. Still going with Carthage in this one. 

"Exposed"? If having a tight game with the #2 ranked team from the start of the season to the end of their season is "exposed"... then sure, I guess?

Did you watch the game by any chance?  These two defenses were phenomenal and both had been very good all season.  Carthage also was a little off in this one, but that even being off and against a great defense it still wound up being a 3 score game.    

10 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

Gilmer exposed Carthage imo. 14-7 with 9:00 in the 4th qt. Still going with Carthage in this one. 

I dont think so carthage played extremely sloppy on offense were couple of dropped passes that were drive killers are could of been td and didn't expose anything on Carthage defense if anything confirmed  there domination 

@TopDog96 is entitled to his opinion like MH and banshee, but I do agree with them.

The Dawgs were a little off Friday night, and we can also give credit to Gilmer’s defense as being some of the reason the Bulldogs weren’t clicking the entire game.

What happened when it was time to seal the deal, the offense got it done?

The defense, whew, those boys have played so well this season, and did so again Friday.

I do understand where TopDog is coming from, because everyone expected a big blowout.

However, we will take the 21 point victory over the #2 ranked Buckeyes, and move on to the next quality opponent in the Pleasant Grove Hawks.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

I dont think so carthage played extremely sloppy on offense were couple of dropped passes that were drive killers are could of been td and didn't expose anything on Carthage defense if anything confirmed  there domination 

One of them was the ill advised throw by Cuff across his body out of his own end zone that went between two defenders on the money and hit Manning right in the numbers.

Both of the Gilmer defenders fell down and Manning was still up and just dropped it.  That would’ve been a 90 yard touchdown pass had he caught the ball, because there were no defenders between he and the goal line and no defender close enough to catch him.

Paddie dropped a slant near the end of the first half that would’ve put the Dawgs with a 1st & goal inside the Gilmer 5, but he dropped it.

That game could’ve looked a lot differently on the scoreboard and we all left there feeling kind of “meh” about the performance and we won by three touchdowns.

I think we are spoiled, and expect perfection all the time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

One of them was the ill advised throw by Cuff across his body out of his own end zone that went between two defenders on the money and hit Manning right in the numbers.

Both of the Gilmer defenders fell down and Manning was still up and just dropped it.  That would’ve been a 90 yard touchdown pass had he caught the ball, because there were no defenders between he and the goal line and no defender close enough to catch him.

Paddie dropped a slant near the end of the first half that would’ve put the Dawgs with a 1st & goal inside the Gilmer 5, but he dropped it.

That game could’ve looked a lot differently on the scoreboard and we all left there feeling kind of “meh” about the performance and we won by three touchdowns.

I think we are spoiled, and expect perfection all the time.

Those two plays were contested by Gilmer IMO.  Pretty sure the first one you mentioned was tipped by the Gilmer defender which is why Manning didn’t haul it in.  The second one was in heavy traffic.  

The two plays I thought were clear misses were the wheel route to Paddie in Q1 where Cuff didn’t get his feet under him and short armed the throw and bounced it to Paddie.  If he hits Paddie in stride it’s an easy TD.  The 2nd play I saw was the last play before the first FG attempt before halftime.  Cuff scrambled to his right and never looked past the 1st down marker.  If he had, he would have seen Paddie wide open in the end zone with no one within 15 yards of him.  Regardless of which plays you look at, the score could have easily been 35-7 or even 42-7.  Again you gotta give Gilmer some credit for making things uncomfortable for the Dawgs.

I think the Carthage offense tried to get cute and try some new things on early downs that got them behind the sticks alot that killed some drives cause the felt 14 pts was enough to put this game away had they wanted to run the ball more could of turned out different they were getting at least 5 yds every carry

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Those two plays were contested by Gilmer IMO.  Pretty sure the first one you mentioned was tipped by the Gilmer defender which is why Manning didn’t haul it in.  The second one was in heavy traffic.  

The two plays I thought were clear misses were the wheel route to Paddie in Q1 where Cuff didn’t get his feet under him and short armed the throw and bounced it to Paddie.  If he hits Paddie in stride it’s an easy TD.  The 2nd play I saw was the last play before the first FG attempt before halftime.  Cuff scrambled to his right and never looked past the 1st down marker.  If he had, he would have seen Paddie wide open in the end zone with no one within 15 yards of him.  Regardless of which plays you look at, the score could have easily been 35-7 or even 42-7.  Again you gotta give Gilmer some credit for making things uncomfortable for the Dawgs.

Both were definitely contested, but should’ve been caught.

Both passes hit the receivers in their bread baskets.

Like you said (and my dad did immediately) had Cuff hit Paddie that was a walk in TD.

Then had Cuff seen Paddie that was an easy toss and catch, wide open.

Folks see the score and think, oooo! And to some extent they’re right, but if we just execute like the coaches expect us to and like we normally do, man that game could’ve been exactly what people thought it would be. 

THAT’S OK.

We advanced, now, those Hawks need some attention! 

I hear the PG QB is a better passer than Fluellen and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s equally as quick and elusive, but will their OL not be able to support their skill players?

Is the PG defense as tough as the Gilmer defense?

7 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

I think the Carthage offense tried to get cute and try some new things on early downs that got them behind the sticks alot that killed some drives cause the felt 14 pts was enough to put this game away had they wanted to run the ball more could of turned out different they were getting at least 5 yds every carry

Me too, I think we were being cute.  You noticed when it came down to it Dowden was told to run that ball directly at them until he hot pay dirt.

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Watching it at chalk talk went right true defenders but they were close and might of been reason for dropping it

1 minute ago, bansheefan03 said:

Watching it at chalk talk went right true defenders but they were close and might of been reason for dropping it

I watched it on Bally and then later on the Gilmer feed.  

You could see it went right beyond the outstretched Gilmer fingertips, flipping incredible pass.

And how it should’ve been intercepted.  They are something else, and not Jeff, but that other dude - oh my goodness, he needs to reel it in a little bit.

We complain about Larry and Mark missing who has the ball, because they can no longer see the numbers well enough, but they aren’t extreme homers on air. Hahahaha!

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

What team is left that is gonna play better defense than Gilmer?

Probably no team better………P G might be close

If you want to talk offense, both Glen Rose and Silsbee both have explosive offenses.   The one dude for Silsbee might be the best RB/WR combo in Texas. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

With Carthage not being 100% healthy this game could easily swing

I wouldn't worry too much about Carthage's health.  And even if Bell and Hatten both did not play, I still think Carthage has the edge.  But we will all know for sure soon enough!